Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Let's put it this way why titanforging wasn't good: People would be getting good pieces out of even heroic, and many of them wouldn't be trying hard, titanforging would mean you wouldn't need to do stuff on Mythic to get Mythic gear ilvl basically. Not that the RNG is always so good to you but if you do heroic too much and not a single Mythic and get titanforged, it's equivalent to mythic gear. And + sockets RNG. As if it's not enough, you could be lucky on having a socket with titanforge piece.
    Mythic raiders feel like their purpose of doing mythic is just progression itself, nothing more. Gear ain't even a good thing this xpac, there's no tokens from tier sets, etc.
    Basically it's screaming you can get ilvl 440+ doing everything but mythic. Needed to stop. I won't miss titanforging, players that don't want to do stuff like raid and mythic should be punished on the gear. It feels more unique, instead of showing your "look at me, i don't even raid but got a piece that titanforged with a socket" and raiders will be like... "ugh, lucky you..." Titanforging was bad imo. That and sockets being random, kind of makes gear too much RNG based, and not difficulty based.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Heroic raiders should not get good gear because they are not doing hard content. Be happy with your mediocre gear, because that is what heroic raiders are.. mediocre.
    Good, now that you've shown that the best you can come up with is to insult me, I can assume that you have no actual argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Titanforging is gone and let's be happy about that.
    No, I am not happy about it. Not because I think the removal of TF is going to have a massive effect on me, but rather because I think another decent system in this game has been sacrificed on the altar of pandering to whiny players who are probably just going to find something else to whine about now.

You are, of course, welcome to prove me wrong, but I have zero faith that any of the players who are celebrating the demise of TF will remain happy for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Good, now that you've shown that the best you can come up with is to insult me, I can assume that you have no actual argument.

No, I am not happy about it. Not because I think the removal of TF is going to have a massive effect on me, but rather because I think another decent system in this game has been sacrificed on the altar of pandering to whiny players who are probably just going to find something else to whine about now.

You are, of course, welcome to prove me wrong, but I have zero faith that any of the players who are celebrating the demise of TF will remain happy for long.
    And again the "everybody who disagrees me is just crying for the sake of it". You understand that people are allowed to have multiple problems with the game, right?
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-01-16 at 02:56 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

Now look who is whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And again the "everybody who disagrees me is just crying for the sake of it". You understand that people are allowed to have multiple problems with the game, right?
    You couldn't be more right. And people that does mythic should be rewarded with the difficulty they get into. I don't even raid mythics anymore, but i always feel sorry when i see someone from my guild trying hard and not only for the progress sakes, so they can get better gear on a higher difficulty and from time to time, someone links a piece titanforged with a socket and they are not even mythic raiders and get amazing luck.

I think players should be rewarded with the difficulty level they put their efforts to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    You should be rewarded by the amount of effort you put in, not by chance or luck.
    A mythic raider still had atleast 445+ ilvl baseline and you would only need +10 proc to get to ilvl cap(455). So even if a lfr raider has that one piece of 455 the rest of their shit is probably still about 420-430.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yeah right, maybe time to learn some math?

Literally 200 ilvl item with infinite stars will be better than 485 in that slot.
    You can screech as much as you like, wont change my long held position on Titanforging.

Corruption is not perfect, but it is patch specific.

Stay triggered.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-01-16 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Raiding is the backbone of MMORPGs. Stop making it worse.
    That is a misconception in my opinion and in my view it is making MMORPGs worse.

How is considered the backbone when it is one of the least played content prior to LFR? Didn't Blizzard admit that the percentage of people raiding was in the single digits many years ago?

All these resources being put into making content for an extremely small minority of the playerbase. And somehow that is considered to be backbone of an MMORPGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    That is a misconception in my opinion and in my view it is making MMORPGs worse.

How is considered the backbone when it is one of the least played content prior to LFR? Didn't Blizzard admit that the percentage of people raiding was in the single digits many years ago?

All these resources being put into making content for an extremely small minority of the playerbase. And somehow that is considered to be backbone of an MMORPGs?
    Since LFR, it is no longer a thing for the minoroty.
    Yes, LFR is a tourist mode, but it allows far more players to see the assets of raids.

That being said, the game is never as healthy as when it has more to offer at max level than just dungeons and raids.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-01-16 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    You can screech as much as you like, wont change my long held position on Titanforging.

Corruption is not perfect, but it is patch specific.

Stay triggered.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...lizz/411747/13

It's just op asf. BiS. Titanforging and this shouldn't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...lizz/411747/13

It's just op asf. BiS. Titanforging and this shouldn't even exist.
    But it does, nerfs are also a thing IIRC.
    Unless the Corruption system becomes universally praised, unlike TF, it wont become a constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    But it does, nerfs are also a thing IIRC.
    Unless the Corruption system becomes universally praised, unlike TF, it wont become a constant.
    It'll be nerfed yes. As all things does when they are op, they get nerfed at some point. Remember the "fun detected". (Can't really say it's fun tho)

At least corruption offers options! Titanforging undermines a large part of playing an RPG which is "The sense of completion".

Is having a character complete for a patch so wrong? Do players not play for anything except for gear? I pushing keys. I like farming old xmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I do the exact same content as someone else, but they get a substantially better piece of the same gear for no reason.
    Who thought this was smart?
    It's gamble/lottery. Just because someone else buys a ticket and wins, dosen't mean you will also win if you buy a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    It's gamble/lottery. Just because someone else buys a ticket and wins, dosen't mean you will also win if you buy a ticket.
    I understand how drops work - but I don't think I should have to play powerball when I raid. I don't want to pray for 6 rolls to go right - just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post

It doesn't have to be played much. Just imagine a major patch without raid. I guarantee the sub numbers would drop into oblivion. It has more than just it's play. Poeple want to see it. It is the finished story of the expansion. I drives people to watch other people play the game and in turn get interested in it too. WoW end nearly every other MMO is focused on raiding.

The misconception is that people who don't raid don't care about it.

What are you gearing up to then if not for this? Mythic+ now to an extend. That is it. There is not much else. Transmog farming is again raiding.

Also that good old: single digets raider is one of those weird forum urban legends where everyone mentiones it but never delivers anything at all to prove it

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u mean hardcore players love that they have less than 0.001% chance to get best gear (we counting max titanforge, also that was average during Legion, did they buff it in BFA?) from any given boss?
    Seriously titanforge is worst for anyone, as long it exist, u know that item is sh8t since there is still full 25 ilvl higher than it, meaning that in order to feel u got best gear, u need a chance that will take literally years of clearing same raid on same character to get the best gear that is the reason why u raid in first place... even Vanilla u could count average time to get the best gear u want (also probably u'll never get best gear in every slot, since it was 40 men, but at least u can save dkp and count the 10-25% chance drop from boss to know when u'll get that chest u really want)
    \

And this is the prime example of mentality issue, you DONT need to get best gear and titanforged was nerfed in BfA, twice in legion, once in BfA.
    Azerite cannot titanforge, while tier sets could.

Hardcore players don't give a shit about gear as long as it's good enough to clear bosses. Look at method, they are clearing raids in week 1. They don't have even close to BiS gear nor they are furiously farming it afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    It's not a gamble and lottery, this is simply stupid comparison because in lottery not everyone gets rewarded. While with titanforging you do get rewards but it may not be best possible for you. You STILL get it. And I am not talking about drop RNG, we are discussing titanforging alone.

Want better rewards? Go higher. Got a lucky roll, good for you.

Lottery is currently corruption because you want infinite stars, ANY item with it will be better than max ilvl you can get. And better by high margin.

I hope everyone complaining about titanforging is happy, enjoy getting punished for upgrading your gear for the next year lmao.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDest View Post
    At least corruption offers options! Titanforging undermines a large part of playing an RPG which is "The sense of completion".

Is having a character complete for a patch so wrong? Do players not play for anything except for gear? I pushing keys. I like farming old xmog.
    I would say getting mythic cutting edge is completing the patch.

Not if your pants are 445 or 450.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

the only problem with titanforging was the playerbase itself. some people felt that because there's a super small possibility of an upgrade that they had to farm for it. meanwhile, for most of the content in the game up to and including heroic raiding, you don't need super high level gear, just appropriate level gear and a good grasp of the mechanics. the only people that really have to farm for max tf are those in the world top guilds who play the game literally as a job.

for the rest of the playerbase, it was a nice random reward. and now it's gone because people can't stand the idea of a casual having mythic level gear. I never gave a shit about what other people were wearing, and therefore never minded titanforging. it was just a nice bonus if it happened to me.