Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Its tedious, its long, its awfully buggy currently.
    Essences alone along with Nazjatar and Mechagon farm and rep farm were enough obstacles to face while gearing alts.
    8.3. quest line is like a final shot in the head.

Its an essential fix to make it skippable on alts for the most part.
    took me about 2 and a half hours which isn't bad. not buggy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    took me about 2 and a half hours which isn't bad. not buggy at all.
    There's definitely some bugs, like Magni getting stuck in the HoO elevator or just going afk.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    There's definitely some bugs, like Magni getting stuck in the HoO elevator or just going afk.
    that never happened to me, thank god. there was only the one run through HoO with Magni

It took me maybe 3 hours? I'm much more concerned about essences, grinding azerite power, and the actual upgrading of my cloak through horrific visions and the like as far as keeping alts up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account
    Its tedious, its long, its awfully buggy currently.
    Essences alone along with Nazjatar and Mechagon farm and rep farm were enough obstacles to face while gearing alts.
    8.3. quest line is like a final shot in the head.

Its an essential fix to make it skippable on alts for the most part.
    The entire point of alts is to have something to do when you're done with your main. If all content is already done on your alt before you even log on them what's the fucking point dude? They already made all other essences easier to get, be happy about what you get and enjoy that you have something to do in the game. Stop crying literally for nothing, and in the void where the people who can do something about it don't check.

This isn't a race to be done with everything ASAP, the whole concept of the game is PROGRESSING, not ALREADY BE DONE AND BORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Some times I feel like I should be an old man shaking my fist at the youngins and going

“in my day you had to clear old raids every week to get your legendary cape on alts not so some Mansy pansy quest, and you couldn’t skip any of it!”

Either way this will likely be the easier legendary to get (not counting legion) so I don’t see the point in complaining about a few quest.
    You forgot about having to raid upwards through the snow in sweltering heat in both directions, all while not having any more than grey gear to use.

Why should a guy that only plays his shaman in mythic dungeons care about alts?

Alright I'm back and I did the quests until the cloak on an alt.

Paladin ilvl 389 when starting, 408 at the end.
    I had 280 flightspeed during Uldum, however when I hearthed back to SW I purchased the 310 one quickly.
    It took me 1 hour and 30 minutes, and the rewards were as follows:
    Legendary cloak
    440 Corrupted gear
    430 Azerite piece
    2 415 pieces
    Lots of Azerite
    Few essences
    2k Gold from that one cache

I skipped the last few quests, however they'd take around 10 minutes to do, and would reward me with a lot of coalescing visions and more azerite.
    In conclusion, if you log in during prime time, have max speed on flight and have a slightly more geared alt you'll finish this a lot faster than I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even the time that bugs me really its all the loading screens and porting around.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    The entire point of alts is to have something to do when you're done with your main. If all content is already done on your alt before you even log on them what's the fucking point dude? They already made all other essences easier to get, be happy about what you get and enjoy that you have something to do in the game. Stop crying literally for nothing, and in the void where the people who can do something about it don't check.

This isn't a race to be done with everything ASAP, the whole concept of the game is PROGRESSING, not ALREADY BE DONE AND BORED.
    That's kinda the whole crux of the issue: Your progress doesn't matter.

Let's say with account wide rep grind. You do it once and you get your title. You don't need to do it all over again for your alts. Your progress was noted and not forgotten. With BfA content, you have to do that grind all over again.

We know there's always room for improvement. Blizz has the means to do the right thing. The more infuriating thing is they didn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Some times I feel like I should be an old man shaking my fist at the youngins and going

“in my day you had to clear old raids every week to get your legendary cape on alts not so some Mansy pansy quest, and you couldn’t skip any of it!”

Either way this will likely be the easier legendary to get (not counting legion) so I don’t see the point in complaining about a few quest.
    My favorite was the pvp wins required in Pandaria

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    That's kinda the whole crux of the issue: Your progress doesn't matter.

Let's say with account wide rep grind. You do it once and you get your title. You don't need to do it all over again for your alts. Your progress was noted and not forgotten. With BfA content, you have to do that grind all over again.

We know there's always room for improvement. Blizz has the means to do the right thing. The more infuriating thing is they didn't do it.
    This is just perspective. The game started and any kind of progression you do on your main does not carry over to your alt. So basically, it's never YOUR progression, it's YOUR CHARACTER'S progression. In this sense, it's never forgotten and it always matters. I really don't know why you would expect any kind of power progression to be account wide, it never worked that way and probably never will. That's literally just you wishing everything was easier and took less time. I get it, it's not an outlandish thought, but it's not natural or tailored for the game, it was never a core concept of WoW's progression so why suddenly ask for it? Is it just because you're tired of playing the game and want everything given to you? Sounds like you just need to quit or stop expecting your alts to be another main. Alts are supposed to be weaker and behind your main up until your main caps out and the alt naturally catches up. That's how it was before and with all the stuff that is now account wide there's not really any reason to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    - It takes 2 hours on your first char to get a cloak you'll keep for several months
    - You can skip some parts, like the Mogushan Palace part
    - Every assault completion is quite fast if you don't want to complete every damn daily
    - The first horrific visions to upgrade the cloak (in which you just have to kill the boss) takes 2 minutes

Getting this legendary is INFINITELY faster than getting the cloak in MoP or the ring in WoD. If you can't be arsed to spend less than two hours on an alt for some back and forth running whille watching a stream/Netflix to get an item you'll keep till the end of the expac, you're so fucking lazy it boggles my mind.
    unrelated honest question tho, how some people can watch tv shows or read books while playing games ? I dont even understand what Im reading in a book if I read it while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    MoP cloak was do heroic/normal clears for me, which i was doing anyway, so thats zero time required meaning it took less effort ^^.

But overall the MoP legendary questline going all x-pac was much better told than this 2 hour garbage that i hated and most people on my friends list hated as well.

I'd take another MoP questline over this 2 hour crap.
    So you've proves that you didn't get any MoP cloaks. It was a lot more than just collections. You had the PvP grind as well as the extra quests that had to be done that were not that easy on Alts. If you disagree with posts please don't come here and lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Apparently not ... pretty much just the first scenario can be skipped - after that ALL the scenarios, instances, visions, invasions etc ... ALL have to be done on each alt that want the cloak on.

I'm all for alts having to be played to get their stuff (e.g. essences) - but having to endure several hours of torment before you can even play them ?
    I didn't realise that Alts were locked until you did this quest chain. I'll make sure to put a bug report in about my alt that did a raid last night. He hasn't done the quest chain yet. I don't want to get banned for exploits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Why is Blizzard making us fly across continents for hours?
    Because they think that people know about the portal hubs in the capital.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So the major complaint going into the patch was that this expansion was hell for alts, and how does Blizz respond? They crank anti-alt gameplay styles up to 11 lmao
    You mean they give you an opportunity to get a legendary for each alt with about 2 to 3 hrs gameplay and also giving you an out with scenarios that can be skipped.

The assaults give you, in my experience, a 440 and a 410. Gear that most Alts would love to have.

I did my first cloak on a mage with 380 gear and one esscence. Neck was lvl 48. A pretty crappy alt. Took 3 hrs because I didn't know what to do and didn't realise there were events to speed up the assaults. Mistakenly thought I had to do all the dailies as well. I admit that the gameplay was uninspired but it is a lot easier than any other legendaries and I got 3 pieces out of it plus an esscence when I can equip it.

Very alt friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I swear you people will be bitching about having to go through the login screen to get to your free daily loot at some point.
    Whoah whoah whoah... What do you mean ' YOU PEOPLE'?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - no, just killed alts for raiding for the rest of the patch.

The issue is that you can't catch up on this one.. there is no AK for cloak level etc etc. So you don't get to bring a new alt into a raid in 2 months time. The cloak's corruption/sanity resist doesn't have an equivalent in pre 8.3 stuff. So what if your neck was a few item levels too low, or you didn't have the right essence or azerite power. That just stunted your dps/healing.

The cloak is going to be the MC fire resist gear for the raid apparently....
    I think you need to research better. Or at all. Blizzard has stated, reported on the front page of this very website you are being wrong in, that there are catch up mechanics for the cloak.
    why so mad bro

Doing the questline again on alts isn't that big of an issue for me.

What IS an issue however is how unnecessarry tanky the mobs are. As a 443 bala druid it's taking ages to kill a normal mob and they threw into that a casting speed debuff. I understand if I was undergeared, but this high ilev? It was tedious and unenjoyable cause the only thing I could think was "please no more mobs".

What's the point of being well geared?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Speaking of, where in the whole expansion questline do I need to be on my Alts before I can access any of this patches content?
    WQ unlocked for Naga isle.
    why so mad bro

Assaults are the most tedious parts though. Literally the worst design ever.

You need to comprehend that some people having an ability to do boring and uninteresting stuff repeadetely and asking for more of this doesnt automatically mean its a good and adequate stuff. Most of 8.3 design is pure trash. People's complains and criticism about them is legit.
    Then you shouldn't play an alt, the entirety of the new content is revolved around doing the assault, it effects your legendary cloak, it effects the reputation needed for both new reps, it's also required for 2 of the 3 new essences. So at the end of the day if "Assaults are the tedious part" then you shouldn't play the alt(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Doing the questline again on alts isn't that big of an issue for me.

What IS an issue however is how unnecessarry tanky the mobs are. As a 443 bala druid it's taking ages to kill a normal mob and they threw into that a casting speed debuff. I understand if I was undergeared, but this high ilev? It was tedious and unenjoyable cause the only thing I could think was "please no more mobs".

What's the point of being well geared?
    You know whats funny about that, I took a toon thru the quest line that was 374ilvl with a 42 neck, you want to talk about a rough experience. Every mob was a very slow kill and throw in a grp of 2-3 and I was practically in the single digits or dead every time.