Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Films or shows you would LIKE to see rebooted?

Alien Nation show based on the same name, both were pretty awesome but unfortunately being ahead of their time didn't last nearly long enough in my opinion.

Fist time I saw this trailer I got chills.

The first video is the Movie Trailer the 2nd is the TV show intro.

Films or shows you would LIKE to see rebooted?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Stargate. Better yet new seasons

Various cartoon network shows from back in the 90-early2000s. Dexter's lab, Johnny Bravo for example. Though I'd rather see same level of respectful treatment as the new samurai jack and Duck tales than say... The powerpuff girls.

None. I don't want my memories trampled by retarded directors.

Santa Clarita Diet.

3+ Year Old Account
    Xena, in a much darker and bloodier version that dares going where the original didn't. You know in 2020 they'll love going deep in that lesbian stuff that was always just a hint back then.

None. We don't need more reboots, remakes, or sequels.

Space Above and Beyond

I'd love them to make the follow up film or series to Dredd with Karl Urban. It's one of my favorite films, but it was a commercial failure in the box office which is a real pity. As I understand it the marketing wasn't great and it released with several other popular films that detracted from its ticket sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Xena, in a much darker and bloodier version that dares going where the original didn't. You know in 2020 they'll love going deep in that lesbian stuff that was always just a hint back then.
    With streaming services I bet they could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Ever see Spartacus? Xena gets fingerblasted by a slave before her husband bangs her.

Anyway, I'd like to see a streaming service redo Highlander - not the series the original movie.

I'd like to see the movie split into three movies; first movie McCloud goes into battle, dies and then gets trained by Ramirez, it ends after McCloud's wife dies and Ramirez is lost in the tower. Second movie is McCloud poncing about through the ages. Visits the near and far east, the new world, makes friends and takes heads, keeps almost meeting the Kurgan. Third movie is The Prize, takes place in New York, friends we've made in the second movie die, in some cases he even needs to fight friends, final fight with the Kurgen.

Also cast Idris Elba as Ramirez. It would make a lot more sense for him to be a Moorish Spaniard from Egypt, which is what Sean Connery's character was.

Nothing really. Not that I have an irrational hate for Remakes, more so that when an appropriate movie is chosen, Remakes lose a bit of what was good in those movies.

If I had to make a list of things I'd like to see keep their tone but be updated;
    Batteries Not Included
    Nosferatu
    The Birds
    The Abyss

Edit:
    I'd also like to see a legit Dante's Inferno movie, not movies like As Above so Below or Jacob's Ladder, but an actual Dante's Inferno movie complete with schlock. I want it to be true to it's source material and be almost literal.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-01-16 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reboot shit that doesn't hold up, or which had potential and didn't QUITE pull it off.

The Last Starfighter is my #1, but that's already being sequeled.

Some other 70s/80s-era things we could do with a reboot of;
    Disney's The Black Hole
    Repo Man

Slipstream
    I'd say Flight of the Navigator, but it's so perfectly done that I think they'd ass it up, even if it's dated.
    Silent Running
    Colossus: The Forbin Project might be an interesting one to remake, since the concept would take us in different ways today than it was meant in 1970 (but drop the subtitle).
    Logan's Run
    Dark Star

Remake that kind of stuff. Not classics. You just make people angry. When you take a 10/10 and remake it as even an 8/10, everyone gets pissed. If you took a 5/10 and remade it as an 8/10, that's a big win.

Quote Originally Posted by General Guderian View Post
    Stargate. Better yet new seasons
    They did that with SG: Universe.

People hated it.

And that's why nobody's touching Stargate.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Space Above and Beyond
    Wow...okay.
    We should have at least seen what a martian looked like...

---------

Sarah Connor Chronicles...but I know that'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blodia View Post
    None. I don't want my memories trampled by retarded directors.
    Same. I can't think of a single film or TV reboot in recent memory that was actually good.

I guess there is NuBSG, but that was almost twenty years ago.

There was a show way back..late 70s early 80s. It probably wasn't any good but it seemed to focus on an ancient Egyptian priest/teacher that came into the modern world (tall blonde guy). It useually has a theme of learning "something" ending up with either him using his superior strength, or focusing sunlight into a heat beam. (melting a firearm or something) I specifically recall him saying an air conditioner using "positive ions" alluding to him knowing advanced tech.

Can't remember what the show was called. (Memories Keep bumping into "Manimal" and "Automan")

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They did that with SG: Universe.

People hated it.

And that's why nobody's touching Stargate.
    People hated SGU because it wasn't Stargate.

Stargate is fun, light hearted action adventure story about modern soldiers romping through a space opera.

SGU wasn't that. It was a brooding, nihilistic story about everybody being cramped on board a horror spaceship. Everybody hates each other. Hardly anyone in the cast is unlikable. We hardly get to explore new worlds, only seeing glimpses of aliens from afar and never getting to interact with their culture.

Imagine if the Star Trek TNG reboot wasn't TOS 2.0, but a horror story in space.

That's what happened with SGU. That's why SG1 and SGA fans rejected it.

A Stargate reboot can be good. It just has to actually be Stargate. Then again, MGM has monkey's for brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    There was a show way back..late 70s early 80s. It probably wasn't any good but it seemed to focus on an ancient Egyptian priest/teacher that came into the modern world (tall blonde guy). It useually has a theme of learning "something" ending up with either him using his superior strength, or focusing sunlight into a heat beam. (melting a firearm or something) I specifically recall him saying an air conditioner using "positive ions" alluding to him knowing advanced tech.

Can't remember what the show was called. (Memories Keep bumping into "Manimal" and "Automan")
    How about a guy in a wheel chair who in his nightlife doubles as M.A.N.T.I.S

It was one of the most original shows ever produced and actually pretty good that tanked in the ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    People hated SGU because it wasn't Stargate.

Stargate is fun, light hearted action adventure story about modern soldiers romping through a space opera.

SGU wasn't that. It was a brooding, nihilistic story about everybody being cramped on board a horror spaceship. Everybody hates each other. Hardly anyone in the cast is unlikable. We hardly get to explore new worlds, only seeing glimpses of aliens from afar and never getting to interact with their culture.

Imagine if the Star Trek TNG reboot wasn't TOS 2.0, but a horror story in space.

That's what happened with SGU. That's why SG1 and SGA fans rejected it.

A Stargate reboot can be good. It just has to actually be Stargate. Then again, MGM has monkey's for brains.

And from the jist of what I have seen explained here that is exactly what they are doing in Star Trek: Picard

Invasion.. never understood why that didnt get a second season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Same. I can't think of a single film or TV reboot in recent memory that was actually good.

I guess there is NuBSG, but that was almost twenty years ago.
    Off the top of my head for reboots/sequels years later with a new cast;
    Westworld
    Dredd 2012 (with Urban)
    Mad Max: Fury Road
    Godzilla (2014)
    True Grit

Way more, probably.