Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    So you're saying "the vote" happened before I backed them 6y ago?
    That or because you weren't an original backer you aren't a true backer and thus don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    So you're saying "the vote" happened before I backed them 6y ago?
    there was a vote after the kickstarter hit its goal to put more stretch goals and increase the scope of the game, it was maybe around mid 2014 that is happened not 100% sure on the date so you either were not paying attention of backed afterwards.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You can't just hand wave that away.
    Wanna bet? I mean we both know you can't do that....but...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    trailers put the year on all the time and have nothing to do with when its being released, its you who is completely wrong.
    Right so when I watch trailers and they put on a ~2021 tag at the end, that just means that they really love the year 2021, not that they are planning to release their fucking game in 2021. Jesus.

there was a vote after the kickstarter hit its goal to put more stretch goals and increase the scope of the game, it was maybe around mid 2014 that is happened not 100% sure on the date so you either were not paying attention of backed afterwards.
    I checked my RSI emails and there is no mention of it, but yeah, I found a vote to keep adding stretch goal rewards, that didn't las long as they stopped adding them 4 months later.
    Anyway, I don't think it matters much since they clearly can't deliver stuff on time. Which is kinda frustrating because with each passing year my itch to play SC diminishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Wanna bet? I mean we both know you can't do that....but...

- - - Updated - - -

Right so when I watch trailers and they put on a ~2021 tag at the end, that just means that they really love the year 2021, not that they are planning to release their fucking game in 2021. Jesus.
    and the trailers were launched the same year that is at the end of the trailer, not the next year or 2 after it was revealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post

There is a fucking reason why this time I'm using that specific term you bloody lettuce, if you don’t want to acknowledge a year or a specific quarter of a year as a “date”, fine, but it’s still a fucking time window, which is actually far more generous than a specific date, that still they managed to miss.

"having a year at the end of a trailer has nothing...", yeah dude, video games companies are well known to just throw random ass years at the end of trailers to video games that they previously fucking delayed multiple times just for the sake of it… it’s clearly me who’s in denial around here. Gtfo.
    the trailers were launched the same year as it says at the end and there is only like 2 trailers like this anyway, the last mention of a SQ42 release was back in 2015 so your still bringing up irrelevant things after 5 years, game was changed a few times deal with it, but its still a game in development any mention of release is subject to change.

Your bringing up the same irrelevant things that are well out of date and not even discussing the game itself, its just a pointless endless cycle going back and fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    snip.
    its the end of the year trailer for 2016, it doesnt say coming 2016 or anything of the sort, so it is you who is talking nonsense and we already knew it was going to take a few years as we can judge by whats been coming in the PU patches. The date at the end of a trailer does not prove that its a release date especially when its released the same year or within months of a new year, if it said coming 2016 then you would have a point but you dont.

its the end of the year trailer for 2016
    ...no, the trailer was released in October 2015, he even has the date highlighted. Apparently it came from CitizenCon 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk

That's the direct link. It comes right after the credit roll, traditionally where launch dates/windows go, and if that's not the year they anticipated SQ42 to release in...why include it?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...no, the trailer was released in October 2015, he even has the date highlighted. Apparently it came from CitizenCon 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk

That's the direct link. It comes right after the credit roll, traditionally where launch dates/windows go, and if that's not the year they anticipated SQ42 to release in...why include it?
    a release date is a specific date set not just saying a year or giving a general window, they probably could of have a handful of SQ42 episodes released in 2016 if they wanted, they also switched to a modular system sometime after 2015 and tech they had been working on had been ready to implement. A release date is irrelevant until its actually released, games are constantly pushed back, SC will come when its ready.

a release date is a specific date set not just saying a year or giving a general window, they probably could of have a handful of SQ42 episodes released in 2016 if they wanted, they also switched to a modular system sometime after 2015 and tech they had been working on had been ready to implement. A release date is irrelevant until its actually released, games are constantly pushed back, SC will come when its ready.
    You are like the only one that is making up this nonsense that the date at the end of a trailer isn't a projected release date. Why are you being so difficult about something? If I see a game trailer come out tomorrow and at the end of it it says "2020" what does that tell me? Its me the damn game is releasing in 2020. They don't have to put "This game is releasing Dec 4th, 2020". In BOTH cases the game is assumed to be out 2020, one of the two dates just happens to have the EXACT day of the release.

I really wish you'd stop beating this dead horse, it is getting old.

I've never said there were dates, but they've repeatedly given windows, including in this trailer which implied a 2016 launch.

Yes, games get pushed, but the fact remains that SQ42 is years behind their initial windows, and are years behind subsequent target windows too. Delays happen, but when the delays are this long and frequent it speaks to either production troubles or poor project management leading to wildly inaccurate timelines.

trailers put the year on all the time and have nothing to do with when its being released, its you who is completely wrong.
    This is fun. So, what does that date at the end of the trailer mean, then?

Missed this - what trailers?

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Come on, we all know they're just putting their favorite year in the future at the end. Mine is 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've never said there were dates, but they've repeatedly given windows, including in this trailer which implied a 2016 launch.

Yes, games get pushed, but the fact remains that SQ42 is years behind their initial windows, and are years behind subsequent target windows too. Delays happen, but when the delays are this long and frequent it speaks to either production troubles or poor project management leading to wildly inaccurate timelines.
    the game was changed, origionally was going to have around 10 ships to start with now its well over 10 times that, landing on planets was not going to be as free as it currently is with the new planet tech they have implemented, just building that many ships alone is many years of work, its not a release date until they release something, they may of had some of SQ42 planned for being ready but there is no information backing it up, there are only 2 trailers that i could find that even have a year on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    if it meant a release year then why did the website not mention a 2016 release at all.

They didnt release star marine until dec 2016 and that gameplay would play a major role in SQ42
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-17 at 01:46 AM.

if it meant a release year then why did the website not mention a 2016 release at all.
    I didn't ask you what you thought it didn't mean. You've already said that. Over and over and over.

I'm asking you what it means. What does "2016" at the very end of a trailer mean? For what reason was that date put there?

the game was changed, origionally was going to have around 10 ships to start with now its well over 10 times that, landing on planets was not going to be as free as it currently is with the new planet tech they have implemented, just building that many ships alone is many years of work, its not a release date until they release something, they may of had some of SQ42 planned for being ready but there is no information backing it up, there are only 2 trailers that i could find that even have a year on them.
    Yes, I'm aware. But again, that's not a blanket excuse. Because do you know what? Almost every developer would love to have the funds and time to infinitely expand their game, but they can't and don't. Partially because budgets/timelines are a thing that they have to work with, which apparently CIG is immune from, but also because there are tons of internal dangers to letting projects grow out of control.

Having the ability to expand and grow a game is great, don't get me wrong. But knowing when to say, "That's enough for now, let's finish what we started and plan for the future that follows." is just as, if not more, important.

They didnt release star marine until dec 2016 and that gameplay would play a major role in SQ42
    https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/10/10/...ayed-into-2017

Dude, just give it up and accept that they've announced, and missed, multiple launch windows. It's not the end of the world or the end of the game. They fucked up, and it seems they've learned from it because they're far more cagey with announcing any dates. Is that because they're more confident that backers don't need dates to keep throwing money at them? Maybe. Is it because they realized that they weren't doing themselves any good and want to make sure that any dates they announce will stick? Maybe. It's not a good or a bad thing either way, it's just a "thing".

Roberts himself is on record multiple times saying "releasing end of this year, or early next year"......... I cba looking it up, but there's a nice meme compilation of it, I'm certain it's been linked in this thread before, maybe 200 pages back.

Stop being in denial.

Go to Spectrum or reddit, make a post with your ridiculous claim and see how many agree with you.

It's borderline unbelievable you would actually push this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Care to Elaborate on that one?
    Private servers, modding, VR support etc

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Do you actually play it, or do you just repeat what others say?
    What is it wiith defenders and passive aggressiveness? Yes I play it, I've been a backer since 2014. There have been plenty of delayed patches "to give the backers the polish and quality they expect" that still release buggy as hell. Just look at 3.8 and how buggy that is, 30K errors all over the place, rubber banding everywhere, NPCs doing all their weird shit, doors and elevators still being death traps etc.
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-01-17 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Private servers, modding, VR support etc
    Sources on that?

I mean Especially sources where they said: "Isnt coming". Because without that you are just claming stuff.
    Just because there is no Talk about a Feature, doesnt mean there is no Point.

To elaborate on that:
    Private Servers, there is no need to Talk about that.
    Modding, would need Private Servers, so there is even less need to Talk about.
    VR Support, dunno only I ever heard was that they want it, thus, I guess at some point its getting in. At least i´ve seen it beeing used. But again I would wager its a very very low Priority.

What is it wiith defenders and passive aggressiveness?
    Its just a Question, it serves no Purpose to talk with people who dont play/test the game about ingame Issues,
    and only hop on the hate Propaganda.

I've been a backer since 2014.
    Doesnt matter.

There have been plenty of delayed patches "to give the backers the polish and quality they expect" that still release buggy as hell. Just look at 3.8 and how buggy that is, 30K errors all over the place, rubber banding everywhere, NPCs doing all their weird shit, doors and elevators still being death traps etc.
    In that case: Wait till its done. If you cant handle Bugs and Performance Issues in an Ongoing project, stay away from it. Do yourself a Favor.

In more Detail:
    Just look at 3.8.0 and how buggy that is:
    Major Patches always bring new Bugs, gamebreaking and minor. Thats why there are Minor Patches. I know of no game that is an Exception to that.

rubber banding everywhere, NPCs doing all their weird shit:
    Doesnt suprise me, they just with that Patch added a huge feature/mechanic to the Servers that messes with all that. There is only so much you can test on small TestServers. That is not one of them.

So, 2/3s of what you are complaining about is pretty much to be exptected.

Anyhow, I´m going to not bother this thread anymore. I´m going to have fun with the Project instead.