So Trump and everyone else in the administration it seems are criminals. You can't be an honest person and continue supporting Trump knowing everything we know so far. And there's more to come on just the Ukraine issue.

Can't wait to see what other kinda shit explodes all over the GOP and Trump before election day.

Republicans you had your chance. You could have nominated a decent person instead of Trump. You would have gotten everything you wanted and a much better shot at controlling government past 2020.

You had your chance to dump Trump after he won and it became clear he is an incompetent criminal. He's given you plenty of reasons to remove him from office.

You now have yet another chance. Use this impeachment trial to remove him. Salvage whatever the fuck you possibly can not just for 2020, but the long term damage that's being done to the party. The GOP is losing millions of voters for generations.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2020-01-16 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How much more evidence do those dumb fucks in the Senate GOP need to convict?
    That depends on how much direct involvement they've had in Trump's crimes.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    That depends on how much direct involvement they've had in Trump's crimes.
    I hate to take the other side here, but it seems as though it's really the House Members that have gotten themselves caught up in the actual mess. The GOP Senators seem to be getting extorted for their vote and complicity in covering up multiple felonies.

Enough to actually turn their base against him even if they are actively lying and running from the fact. And if they are directly involved or one of their friends, not even that most likely.

Trump could butt rape a 12 year old boy on an internet live stream in front of a large open window, in full public view. So long as Fox refused to show it and Trump called it fake news, his base (That they need) would continue to to support him all while calling the pictures fake and attacking the child saying he was lying and he was asking for it and so long as they were doing that, those politicians will support him.

The ONLY way they turn on him is if it gets to the point it penetrates their bubble so much that protecting him actually costs them more votes than holding him accountable. They whored out their respect for the standards under Obama, they furthered it and sold out their respect for rule of law, the constitution and even the nation under Trump.

It's all about power for them at this point, they won't turn on him till he costs them more power than he gains them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    What a day and it's nearly gun.

I bet Trump woke up with the idea that the GOP was going to bat one out of the park for him.

Im counting 3 Ls so far:

Parnas interview
    Ukraine report
    GAO report

I no longer care how fast the GOP exonerates him, he'll forever be an orange stain in the books.

He's probably going to be impeached again if the House can help it.

Thwart would be on an infraction rampage if he was still a mod

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Thwart would be on an infraction rampage if he was still a mod
    I would recommend we don't discuss it. Things are better and more fair, lets be happy for that instead of getting in trouble for discussing it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I hate to take the other side here, but it seems as though it's really the House Members that have gotten themselves caught up in the actual mess. The GOP Senators seem to be getting extorted for their vote and complicity in covering up multiple felonies.
    I hope they call his bluff and agree to subpoena Hunter Biden. And then I hope Hunter Biden does what all the Trump dick sucking douchebags have done and tells them to shove the subpoena right up their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    I hope they call his bluff and agree to subpoena Hunter Biden. And then I hope Hunter Biden does what all the Trump dick sucking douchebags have done and tells them to shove the subpoena right up their asses.
    No. Because that just feeds their narrative. It's not about what Hunter Biden has to say, it was never about that. It's all about the theater of it, and letting them get clips "grilling" Hunter Biden to use for campaign videos and to show Trump how much they love him. And if he were to ignore the subpoena it would just make the argument for Trump officials to ignore them have more weight and undercut Democratic criticisms.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should show up with a recording on tape that says "the Senate investigation showed neither my father or I did anything illegal. I'm here to honor the subpoena, not to be berated for ratings. " and just play it as a response till the GOP get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No. Because that just feeds their narrative. It's not about what Hunter Biden has to say, it was never about that. It's all about the theater of it, and letting them get clips "grilling" Hunter Biden to use for campaign videos and to show Trump how much they love him. And if he were to ignore the subpoena it would just make the argument for Trump officials to ignore them have more weight and undercut Democratic criticisms.
    Oh I agree, and I'm not confused about what it's really about. It's wrong and disgusting, much like them. But I'm all for taking away Paul's ability to use him as a cudgel, provided Biden refuses to honor the subpoena. And all those things you want to prevent them from doing, they'll do anyway, no matter what actually happens.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    He should show up with a recording on tape that says "the Senate investigation showed neither my father or I did anything illegal. I'm here to honor the subpoena, not to be berated for ratings. " and just play it as a response till the GOP get the point.
    Yes. This. Precisely.

I think avoiding the subpoena would be bad - it would create another ridiculous "both sides" issue. Doing the above would be perfect.

Trump tried to kill the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act back in 2017.

Wait? Trump actually knew a policy? It does have to do with corruption, well him not being able to commit corruption. Still impressed that whoever or however it got in that brain, came out.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say I'm feeling giddy with each new revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And of course every Republican in the article is saying "we'll look into it, but it doesn't matter." Can't shake their faith in Trump one bit, for he is all and he is lord.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Wait? Trump actually knew a policy? It does have to do with corruption, well him not being able to commit corruption. Still impressed that whoever or however it got in that brain, came out.
    Let's settle down a bit, shall we. Trump didn't know the policy, he just perked up when her heard the name, and managed to put two and two together.

(tongue-in-cheek there above just in case that wasn't clear on the first part )

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Will copy/paste this from something I posted on Facebook.

"If he really tries to call the Biden's to try and shut this down and the Biden's have any brains at all, all they have to do is repeat these points.

1) Ousting the prosecutor was done with bipartisan congressional and international support for not actually going for corruption. Which stops that in it's tracks.

2) Biden didn't get a private company to hire him, unlike Trump hiring them directly. Which blows up in the Republicans face.

And if they go to Crowdstrike, point out they are a US based company and the server was cloud based to debunk them.

Or just cut to the chase and point out they are repeating debunked Russian conspiracy theories and repeatedly ask them what relevance they have to the investigation as they aren't Trump, they never communicated with Trump, and had no part in Trumps actual decisions to withhold aid or to attempt to extort them.

Quite literally, just repeat this the entire time and at that point, all they can do is stop asking them questions and try and grandstand at which point they can follow up after their time is up by pointing out publicly they did not ask them anything or refute any of the charges."

Yes. This. Precisely.

I think avoiding the subpoena would be bad - it would create another ridiculous "both sides" issue. Doing the above would be perfect.
    I know I've linked the article several times, but nothing will change unless Republications start getting a taste of their own medicine (and it will continue never ever mattering what Democrats actually do or don't do--they will still make any claim or tell any lie): https://www.vox.com/2018/5/1/1725886...trump-election

Maybe it's the wrong call, whatever, but I'm really fucking sick of their perpetually unchecked shit. And I'm also tired of the whole defensive crouch "but if Democrats do X, then they'll just do Y" thing--they've been teaching us for years they'll do Y anyfuckingway.