Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I got both the dreadwake and the sylverian dreamer mounts automatically, even though they said it was "subscription" as well.
    i got 6 months and dreadwake using tokens, did not get the dreamer mount required setting up a sub, tokens did not get it for me, only gametime
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-01-16 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Faq. U. Blizzard.
    Faq your Chinese overlord.
    And most of all FAQ all the WoW yes-men idiots. We spit shame you
    I'm confused, was there a question you wanted to ask?

LMAO wtf , alright imma head out

I did it for the sylverian dreamer and end up only playing the azshara for a month not doing this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    This is what is called a "Free gift with Purchase". Estée Lauder came up with it. I would like to take a moment to welcome everyone whining in this thread to 1946.
    A subscription is paying to access their game servers and future content updates. You have already paid a box purchase price on the expansion. There are no future content updates coming until Shadowlands. This has been confirmed with the lead designer in an interview. Which also requires another minimum $60 investment.

It's really not hard to see what they're doing here. They didn't need to set up a 6 month promotion for this mount, they could have just sold it for $25 in the cash shop as normal.

But no - they know 8.3 is light on content so they're trying to lock as many people in as possible. This is basic scumbag strategy and the addicts eat it up.

whenever i see a new storemount i hear "REEEEEE" in the distance

can I buy 6 months of game time with blizzard bucks and get this?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    A subscription is paying to access their game servers and future content updates. You have already paid a box purchase price on the expansion. There are no future content updates coming until Shadowlands. This has been confirmed with the lead designer in an interview. Which also requires another minimum $60 investment.

It's really not hard to see what they're doing here. They didn't need to set up a 6 month promotion for this mount, they could have just sold it for $25 in the cash shop as normal.

But no - they know 8.3 is light on content so they're trying to lock as many people in as possible. This is basic scumbag strategy and the addicts eat it up.
    But it IS in the cash shop. That is 100% an option. Not to mention, it's a cute rat...not some super cool new dragon or w/e.

Literally the only reason to "fall" for this, is because you want to. Or you're already on the 6month sub. Not really anything "dirty" happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    not really, you do EXACTLY the same you "blame" others for - judging the content after couple hours...
    how can you say will not enjoy the visions in a month or two, if they are designed to get different and more challenging over time?

btw, you said there are only invasions and visions -there is also everything else that was before, like m+, pvp, islands, warfronts... but sure, lets ignore that, its not like whole point of patch ist to EXPAND the content, rather than replace it...
    I said "probably not". Do you know what probably means?

I am basing my assumptions off of every other patch in BfA which has had shit reward structures and incredibly shit class design.

Once we complete the Heroic Raid which will "probably" take 4-8 weeks then I'll be done with the patch.

The Visions get easy and old really quickly once you start filling out the research tree and/or getting gear. It's nothing like the Mage Tower as it isn't different on different specs or classes.

Let's be honest here. Islands and Warfronts suck. Are people still arguing they don't? Lmfao. You also didn't get any NEW islands or NEW warfronts added. Mythic+ is the same as it always was with no new dungeons added but hey at least the new affix is better than 8.2 right? Where's the EXPANDED content?

Visions don't get "different and more challenging over time". They are literally the same every time. You can activate a mask to add an "affix" to make it harder. But it's the same damn content. Also.... They get easier over time, with a tech tree that is time-gated and corruption resistance on the cloak and new gear.

See how I don't just make baseless claims and back my claims up with reasoning, personal opinion and facts? You should try it.
    Last edited by DemonDays; 2020-01-16 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ojblade View Post
    can I buy 6 months of game time with blizzard bucks and get this?
    Nope doesn't work with bnet balance. Sucks balls. Token subs are second grade citizens yet again (Sylvarian dragon also didn't work with tokens / bnet balance, only ship did).

Exactly what I've predicted they would do for 8.3 LMAO and suckers will still fall for it. And look at the thumbs down for that video lol

I hate it when they pull mounts completely illogical out of wows lore. I understand most of the mounts but ones like this rat really pisses me off. Thats like some p2w-f2p mmo tactics, putting some badass, cute etc out of world creatures as mounts. I pass on this one.

No, access is separate from the game. Sorry (not really) that this little fact completely detracts the narrative you want to present but facts, like the Honey Badger, don't give a shit.

Oh, and Shadowlands requires $40. They've returned to the old pricing scheme and dropped the boost.

Yeah, they're incentivizing giving us cheaper per month subscription rates. If you don't want it for free then pay $25 for it later from the shop or don't buy it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i got 6 months and dreadwake using tokens, did not get the dreamer mount required setting up a sub, tokens did not get it for me, only gametime
    I just talk to a GM said no go on the game time with bnet balance.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

They are literally doing that right now -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Wouldn't help you, it's for SUBS only, the ones you buy with credit card, not GAME TIME. Only boat was for game time which you buy with gold, the dragon and this rat thingy are subs only, so if you're buying game time with gold you're out of luck.
    I got the dragon by buying the '6 month bundle' for the promotion using B-net balance, that I got from game tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I hate it when they pull mounts completely illogical out of wows lore. I understand most of the mounts but ones like this rat really pisses me off. Thats like some p2w-f2p mmo tactics, putting some badass, cute etc out of world creatures as mounts. I pass on this one.
    Well, I mean it's not even the first giant rat mount and they introduced previous zodiacs as well. Between the dog and the pig, this one actually makes more sense, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why? What is wrong with offering incentives to subscribe or stay subscribed?
    These mounts could be tied to in-game events and holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    No, access is separate from the game. Sorry (not really) that this little fact completely detracts the narrative you want to present but facts, like the Honey Badger, don't give a shit.

Oh, and Shadowlands requires $40. They've returned to the old pricing scheme and dropped the boost.

Yeah, they're incentivizing giving us cheaper per month subscription rates. If you don't want it for free then pay $25 for it later from the shop or don't buy it at all.
    It's $60 AUD. Sorry(not really). The price didn't drop for us. I recall paying $60 or $70 for the game WITH a boost previously. Now I don't get that.

They're anticipating mass un-subs. 8.3 has very little content and BfA is already a failure. It's quite obvious they pulled all development off BfA. Lack of content in 8.3 and no 8.3.5 patch? Hmmmm.

@Kiri I mean no attack on blizzard. really their art team is great. It is just not my taste. Like I hate all those collaboration events in many smartphone games. The characters that appear has no place in the games world. Something like this mount. I understand their reasoning and I try to look at it in a positive way, like a cultural thing, going universal etc not OMG ACTIBLIZZ GREED. As people suggested I think these mounts should be tied to quests for lunar festival. Mehh, anyway, enjoy your rodent people.

btw dem downvotes on youtube lol. understandable.