Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What's the rep gained you get with the dailies?

WQs as it is give pitiful rep, and refresh through out the day "encouraging" you to login often, where as dailies in the past were more generous and you didn't have to wait for the next batch of WQs to get the most out of the day for rep.

If they made all regular WQs reset like dailies with a 24 hour rotation I'd be happy with that... but as it is I prefer dailies.
    nah i far prefer the "just go do like 8-12 wq every 3 days" then 4 every single day
    the old daily system it usually meanti f you did EVERYTHING you got more then if you just did a full days worht of WQ right now.
    but emisarries made you gain a massive amount at once. meaning overall it takes about the same amount of time, but you can do all your quests at once every 3 days, instead of havign to do a few every single day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    If world quests didn't have such a ridiculous reset timer and were more interesting, I'd like them.... but their reset time is atrocious and they're more bland than regular quests. To hell with your bear-ass collecting and bad-guy killing Blizz, grow up.
    you know world quests are literally the exact same thing as daily quests, but you have to pick them up, and turn them in right..?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-16 at 03:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I think OP is confusing the emissary reward with the WQ system. WQs are just a hubless daily system. The Emissary gives you an additional reward for completing WQs in a zone every few days.

The Nzoth Invasion system works identically to this. There may still be an emissary day for Vale and Uldum, but it wouldn't be needed.

I personally prefer the Daily hubs system.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree but only because of the extra travel and time taken to check you got them all. It does make hubs feel more like hubs however. If only they'd just paint them on the map with a fat blue exclamation mark for where to find them in the same vein as they do world quests. Ie. remove the blue mark when you've picked up or done them all.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I think OP is confusing the emissary reward with the WQ system. WQs are just a hubless daily system. The Emissary gives you an additional reward for completing WQs in a zone every few days.

The Nzoth Invasion system works identically to this. There may still be an emissary day for Vale and Uldum, but it wouldn't be needed.

I personally prefer the Daily hubs system.
    there is no emisarry day for vale or uldum, and looking at rep, yeah they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I'd agree but only because of the extra travel and time taken to check you got them all. It does make hubs feel more like hubs however. If only they'd just paint them on the map with a fat blue exclamation mark for where to find them in the same vein as they do world quests. Ie. remove the blue mark when you've picked up or done them all.
    They do...
    the dailies are marked on your map with a big blue exclamation mark....

Like this (already done the invasion ones so i just have these to show)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is no emisarry day for vale or uldum, and looking at rep, yeah they are.
    Why, I believe you get a significant amount of experience from Invasions, which reset weekly (which would be the same as emissary timing wise).

What's the rep gained you get with the dailies?
    Depending on the era, Dailies have been known to give between 120-500+ rep per quest. Note the higher value ones tended to be during periods when dailies were more heavily restricted, like TBC having tons that gave 300+ but you could only do ten of them a day... and some of those factions only had like 2 quests available at times.

WQ's can vary in how much rep they give, 75 being the minimum and the highest topping out around 300~

Overall, I think this sort of washes out since there remains the amount of WQ's you can do for a given faction isn't so limited as some factions before. We all remember stuff like Isle of Thunder or the Landfall campaign and how they had like 10~15 quests to hit up every day, but we might not remember the 5 or less options like Anglers or August Celestials. I mean, logging in at some point in the day and clearing out all teh WQ's in a zone might actually be a significant amount more rep than some daily quest equivalent.. depending on the day (especially if it's an emissary day).
    WQs as it is give pitiful rep, and refresh through out the day "encouraging" you to login often, where as dailies in the past were more generous and you didn't have to wait for the next batch of WQs to get the most out of the day for rep.
    I think this has to do with some perspective. Dailies didn't have any real benefit to paying more attention than knocking them out and moving on. You [b]could not[/c] work the system to your advantage at all beyond clearing the objectives faster. They really just set a hard minimum on expected advancement.

I personally prefer how some of the WQ stuff lingers beyond a day so I can push on some days and leave others sitting and not feel a great need to knock them out asap. Only real change I'd like to see would be less RNG on emissary, like some way to choose who I want to work with on a given day.

edit:

also note, the current dailies for the new factions in 8.3 seem to give 75 rep as well... and you might only get 3 quests... this isn't a daily vs. WQ issue but the devs decision on how much rep we get per event
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2020-01-16 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Dead horse answer from an unimaginative drone.
    It's the real answer. Since your complaints are about fundamental parts of the game, it stands to reason that maybe you should look inside yourself and ask if this game is the right one for you.

If you want a different answer, ask a different question. I'd wager you didn't want anything but validation, but validating others' whining isn't my business. I much prefer to help them to see what they can do to change that situation.

Welcome to the real world, where insults and denial of the truth don't change the truth unless you're a politician.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    you do know dailies reset every....day, right?
    as in, if you missed them you still missed them
    yeah but some world quests don't last the full day. that being said i like the world quest system and hope they keep it, mixing it with daily quests is also good

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Why, I believe you get a significant amount of experience from Invasions, which reset weekly (which would be the same as emissary timing wise).
    not even the slightest bit close sadly.

I have done literally everything to do since the patch came out, today nad yesterday, and this is where i am.
    also im human.

and i have gotten 63 7th legion paragon caches this expac.

not even the slightest bit close sadly.

I have done literally everything to do since the patch came out, today nad yesterday, and this is where i am.
    also im human.

and i have gotten 63 7th legion paragon caches this expac.
    The invasions give a big chunk of rep just like emissaries do. There's just less rep available in general.

That said, 7th legion is a bad example. There is a disproportionate amount of 7th legion world quests. There's about 3 times as many as the other reps in addition to the war campaign and warfronts giving 7th Legion rep. It might be a more useful comparison to use Wavebalde Ankoan or Champions of Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    The invasions give a big chunk of rep just like emissaries do. There's just less rep available in general.

That said, 7th legion is a bad example. There is a disproportionate amount of 7th legion world quests. There's about 3 times as many as the other reps in addition to the war campaign and warfronts giving 7th Legion rep. It might be a more useful comparison to use Wavebalde Ankoan or Champions of Azeroth.
    Well i got flying 4 and a half days after the 8.2 patch came out.
    which means it took me almost 5 days to get rustbolt and waveblade to revered...

here we are end of day 3, and im at a third through friendly...

Well i got flying 4 and a half days after the 8.2 patch came out.
    which means it took me almost 5 days to get rustbolt and waveblade to revered...

here we are end of day 3, and im at a third through friendly...
    Which simply means there is less rep rewards for the factions in question, not that you don't get significant rewards for the invasions. Major gives 1.5k with the zone's faction, minor give 500. There's also various other activities and rares that give extra faction, like Sun King Nahkotep for 500, or the minor events which give 50 a pop(which are functionally WQs, just with no world map or questlog entry).

I would get rid of world quest, and make the world itself replayable at endgame level. Means, you could re-quest full regions with having good rewards from completing quest chains. On your own pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I hate it too, honestly. Especially in Vale. If there is one thing I don't fucking want to be reminded of in a MoP zone, it's daily quests.
    Yep.

They put daily quests in our old daily quest zone.

Blizzard: WELCOME BACK TO THE GRIND BITCHES
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yep.

They put daily quests in our old daily quest zone.

Blizzard: WELCOME BACK TO THE GRIND BITCHES
    Plus the whole "no portal" thing. It is so annoying getting to the zones. I already don't want to travel there. The heart chamber can teleport people from anywhere in the world but not us. Nope we aren't important enough. The gateway to horrific visions would have been perfect to tie into an invasion zone portal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Plus the whole "no portal" thing. It is so annoying getting to the zones. I already don't want to travel there. The heart chamber can teleport people from anywhere in the world but not us. Nope we aren't important enough. The gateway to horrific visions would have been perfect to tie into an invasion zone portal.
    Portal in stormwind to vale, jade forest, pretty close.
    Portal to uldum.

or just set your hearth to vale, cause then you have a portal to stormwind, and you can just heart to vale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Portal to uldum. or just set your hearth to vale, cause then you have a portal to stormwind, and you can just heart to vale.
    I know how to get there. Time spent doing a travel shuffle is time spent not enjoying the game. It doesn't need to be instant but it just needs to be smart. Uldum doesn't even have a portal out. Imagine doing Arathi and Darkshore world quests and rares if you had no portal. They would be annoying. It is also made worse by the story teleporting but not allowing us to.

Mother needs to slap Magni till he learns to group teleport.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Portal to uldum.

or just set your hearth to vale, cause then you have a portal to stormwind, and you can just heart to vale.
    Don't forget that Silithus is right next to Uldum anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I really really really wish Blizzard didn't bend the knee on the stupid complaints about world quests. That was such a GREAT system. You could skip progression for up to 3 days and not fall behind because the quests would stay lit. Ever since people whined about world quests, they added back the freaking dailies with the blue exclamation point which means we need to play EVERY DAY or fall behind.

That had to be the most idiotic complaint ever. Can we PLEASE revert that? An emergency patch? Something? Now I gotta travel to the middle of pandaria and then to the middle of uldum every day. Its ridiculous.

World quests only PLEASE.

And I know we still have them, but theyve been demoted. We have to play every day now for full progression.
    Most world quests reset daily you low iq dimwhit... This is an improvement as there are a total of 6 dailies instead of what like 50... Morons multiply by the day.

Totally agree with OP. World quests are so much better than dailies. You just fly around and complete various objectives, and you pick which ones to do.