Poll: alright who's looks better as Wonder woman?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Come on man, Lynda Carter was like Miss World USA, is this even a serous question? Gal Gadot is a beautiful woman, but Lynda Carter is a once a generation beauty.

Look at that waistline. She was made to fit the classic WW outfit. Those legs. Those eyes. Those lips. She's a Goddess come to life.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit, seriously, people! Snubbing Lynda Carter!? >:O

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize Gal Gadot is a stick outside of shooting season and Lynda Carter's body looked naturally as she was with routine exercise, right?
    It's not much of a surprise, often people go with new no matter what...for many new often means better. Even when the new things suck people will say the new things are better simply because they're new. (Not saying Gal or the new WW sucks, just making a point)

She won Miss Israel 2004. I'll be honest, I had to look it up, but Lynda Carter was also Top 15 Miss World, which in terms of these beauty pageants does place her above Gadot. Regardless, I find Lynda Carter's beauty much more unique than Gadot who again, outside of movie shooting season looks like the average beautiful woman, whereas Lynda Carter had a poise and body that didn't quit.
    according to Gal, she deliberately threw her miss universe competition because she didn't want to win Miss Israel in a first place. https://pagesix.com/2017/08/24/gal-g...verse-pageant/

But what about Palicki?

Lewl
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-01-17 at 02:10 AM.

No.
    Palicki did a fantastic job as Mockingbird however.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    My argument is that Lynda Carter is not a pop culture icon because she is no longer widely-known outside of her niche fanbase, and then is known mostly as a figure in history. The same as other examples of people who were inconic in their era but are now merely historic figures because they aren't relevant to the modern era of pop culture - Mozart, Ben Franklin, Andy Warhol, Madonna, Pamela Anderson.

I do think she is largely forgotten because of the success Gal Gadot has had with the Wonder Woman mantle, much the same as Matt Salinger has been overwritten by Chris Evans with regards to Captain America. It seems like you're having trouble separating yourself from the fandom here and that's why you keep mentioning people like George Reeves not being forgotten. Just because a person's fans still remember them doesn't mean they are actually relevant to pop culture anymore (and could thus be considered pop culture icons). George Reeves is all but completely forgotten in current pop culture - he has no current relevancy or recognizability to the general population.

Pop culture icons aren't only remembered by their fans - the whole point is that they have such an impact on social culture that they become basically synonymous with that era. But the nature of this fact is that unless their legacy lasts and keeps actively being impactful they will not remain pop culture icons. For example, there will come a day when Schwarzenegger is essentially a footnote in film history rather than the quintessential action hero - we can already see it happening, though he is actively trying to stay relevant. He's not a pop culture icon anymore, even though he still has a lot of fans out there. Flash back to the 80's though and he was a household name even for people who had never seen most of his films. Now imagine that a bunch of actually successful Terminator films had come out in the 2000's with a different lead than him - this would have either caused him to fall further back into the shadows or brought him more to the fore - it's impossible to say which. What is sure though is that other people taking on his iconic role would impact his direct influence on pop culture.

A different example is Jack Nicholson. The quintessential Joker for many, definitely a pop culture icon - right up until Heath Ledger took his title away. This doesn't detract from Nicholson's performance, nor does it reduce his fanbase. What it did do though was start to replace him as the general household name for The Joker. Ledger's Joker became the Joker of the era. It was the portrayal referenced in other mediums and genres, and the one appearing in all the sitcoms that poach pop culture for easy laughs about widely recognizable characters and people.

It can be hard to acknowledge that pop culture icons fall out of relevancy if you are a fan of theirs, but it's the nature of these things. It's also important to remember that just because someone isn't relevant to modern pop culture it doesn't mean their work and legacy is irrelevant, nor that they should be discarded. It simply means that they do not drive the pulse of the current zeitgeist anymore - they still have a role to play but they aren't in the driver's seat. And in some ways that's a good thing, because it allows for a broader range of influences in the long run.
    All right, I was saddled to try to rebuke that, but it wouldn't have been a disputable point and I get yours now.

Between those two images, Gal Gadot.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on man, Lynda Carter was like Miss World USA, is this even a serous question? Gal Gadot is a beautiful woman, but Lynda Carter is a once a generation beauty.

Look at that waistline. She was made to fit the classic WW outfit. Those legs. Those eyes. Those lips. She's a Goddess come to life.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit, seriously, people! Snubbing Lynda Carter!? >:O

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize Gal Gadot is a stick outside of shooting season and Lynda Carter's body looked naturally as she was with routine exercise, right?
    Gal has the superior face, in those pictures, I don't know Lynda Carter

After 10 seconds googling, comparing Gal Gadot in OP to this picture

Lynda Carter is prettier but that's not the topic of the thread, he said as wonder woman and Gal still has it there.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-01-17 at 02:33 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    they both look good, but what amuses me about the whole debate is when Gal was first cast, people complained that she is too skinny, not muscled enough, etc etc.... while talking about how much better Linda Carter looked... while they essentially have the same exact body type. including very slender arms and legs with little to no definition on Linda. (and if you are not realizing that Linda Carter is wearing an actual corset? I'm very sorry to enlighten you, but she is.)

P.S. Linda Carter is the iconic wonder woman. she is definitely not forgettable. Gal Gadot is also fantastic, in a different way. they both represent wonder woman of their times. they both fit ongoing comics of their time.
    Linda Carter has bigger breasts. I think was the main complaint of Gal Gadot not looking like Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How is this even a question? Gal Gabot walks all over Lynda Carter, she looks like a decently-hot mom down the street, while Gal is a damn supermodel lol
    Id argue Gal looks dangerous, while Lynda looks like shes about to do a magic trick at a kids party.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    according to Gal, she deliberately threw her miss universe competition because she didn't want to win Miss Israel in a first place. https://pagesix.com/2017/08/24/gal-g...verse-pageant/
    I'm not going to call her a liar, but she looked pretty damn happy winning first place Miss Israel. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Lynda Carter is prettier but that's not the topic of the thread, he said as wonder woman and Gal still has it there.
    Even though I wasn't even alive in the 70's, I still find Lynda Carter to be the definitive Wonder Woman, thus far, and Gal Gadot hasn't surpassed her despite being in a great film. Lynda Carter embodied Wonder Woman, much like Christopher Reeves embodied Superman, without being ripped like Henry Cavill. That's just my opinion though, and why I think Lynda is the superior Wonder Woman.

Ironically, I don't think Michael Keaton is the definitive Batman, to me that would be Christian Bale. Not just for the simple fact Bale was part of a great trilogy, to me he embodied Bruce Wayne, and Batman better than all of his predecessors.

Gal Gadot is a very good Wonder Woman, even the warrior princess/amazon that Lynda Carter never played, but to me she isn't the be all end all, just the possible best we have right now. I don't think I'm biased, but when I look at her next to Lynda Carter, she doesn't jump out at me as particularly gorgeous and infallible in the role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Bridget Goudz

I don't know whether to buy some testosterone or fall in love.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not wading into Gadot v. Carter. Both were great in their roles.

I am gonna say I really wanted to see Gina Carano in the role.

Gadot's certainly the better actress, for emotional range. But with Carano, you've got physicality; not only is she stacked, but she knows how to fight.

Would've made for better fight scenes, IMO.

Plus, unlike the folks linking cosplayers, legitimately a Hollywood actress at this point in her career.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-01-17 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Lynda Carter photo looks like she’s about to perform in a circus.
    In the circus in my heart.

The retro Wonder Women looks like a low budget Halloween costume. She doesn't even look like celebrity material.

I'm not going to call her a liar, but she looked pretty damn happy winning first place Miss Israel. lol

there is this thing where you get caught up in a moment. and then you look back and go... oh.. crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Linda Carter has bigger breasts. I think was the main complaint of Gal Gadot not looking like Wonder Woman.
    I quite distinctly remember complaints about her not being muscled enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Gadot's certainly the better actress, for emotional range. But with Carano, you've got physicality; not only is she stacked, but she knows how to fight.

Plus, unlike the folks linking cosplayers, legitimately a Hollywood actress at this point in her career.
    Gina Carrano could have made for a great Injustice Wonder Woman, i think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Sorry, are we talking about who had to work harder or who made a more indelible and long-lasting impact on pop culture? Because life isn't fair, but that's beside the point.
    True but point being she has real obstacles in her time that went against her where as now she is being recognized and honored especially by the current gen wonder woman.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Why has nobody brought up the obvious Cathy Lee Crosby? She was the ORIGINAL Wonder Woman from 1974!!! That was a whole year before Lynda Carter portrayed her on the small screen.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Why has nobody brought up the obvious Cathy Lee Crosby? She was the ORIGINAL Wonder Woman from 1974!!! That was a whole year before Lynda Carter portrayed her on the small screen.

My 9yr old self had such a crush on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

No reason, she is a valid entry, however she looks even less like Wonder Woman from the comics than Gal Gadot.

I mean it would be like asking how come nobody ever critique's Fantastic Four 1994

I think the answer is pretty obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't know I don't completely disagree but she would have to ditch the Bob Haircut, so how would she pull off Long hair either like Gadot or Carter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG][/IMG]

Exactly this is NOT about who's hotter, just who would makes the better Wonder Woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I think of all the criticisms this is probably the worst.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I think of all the criticisms this is probably the worst.
    Considering the creator of her based her appearance on the woman he and his wife were fucking and all the orgies and bondage he was into I'd say breast size is a pretty valid criticism.