Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Ok, you are just not even arguing, you are just throwing out accusations as proof. No point in having a conversation with somebody who isn't even trying.
    I provided a very long list of the people attacked by Putin and his allies... enjoy!!!

Yes, but that is technically legal.
    "Technically legal", in the same way that Republicans trying to gut the authority of incoming Democratic governors was "technically legal".

In that it is if you stretch the law (though most of their attempts have been swatted down by the courts), but in this it's clearly Putin looking to circumvent checks put in place specifically to counter this kinda of long-term holds on power.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I provided a very long list of the people attacked by Putin and his allies... enjoy!!!
    You have dead people + accusations, but you threw proof out the window.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Technically legal", in the same way that Republicans trying to gut the authority of incoming Democratic governors was "technically legal".

In that it is if you stretch the law (though most of their attempts have been swatted down by the courts), but in this it's clearly Putin looking to circumvent checks put in place specifically to counter this kinda of long-term holds on power.
    Put in place by drunk ex-soviet communists like yeltsin, and I doubt any of them even read the whole thing, since it's too much copy-paste, instead they should have taken their time to create a constitution for Russia, not simply some other country's one..

Americans worked on theirs, argued back n forth, took their time
    Russia, does copy paste...

Yep, lots of accusations, and the British government sure believes it. Enjoy all those murders!!!

I agree, it's a shame Putin keeps having journalists and political enemies murdered.

- - - Updated - - -

Put in place by drunk ex-soviet communists like yeltsin, and I doubt any of them even read the whole thing, since it's too much copy-paste, instead they should have taken their time to create a constitution for Russia, not simply some other country's one..

Americans worked on theirs, argued back n forth, took their time
    Russia, does copy paste...
    Wait so dictatorship and one ruler is more democratic? You mean to tell me that democracy is the true communism?

5+ Year Old Account
    Yep, lots of accusations, and the British government sure believes it. Enjoy all those murders!!!

I agree, it's a shame Putin keeps having journalists and political enemies murdered.
    The British? Interesting you ignored what I wrote about the skripals a few posts back, u didn't enjoy that vx-gas vs novichok info?

Speaking about Britain, a nest of Russian criminals n oligarchs protected by London...hell, you even have islamic terrorists there wanted for terror attacks against civilians in Russia...What about the biggest oligarch of them all, Berezovsky, as soon as he started talking about wanting to go back to Russia he suddenly was 'suicided'...and that not one accusation was pointed against Russia, which is unusual for england being anti-russian enemy, tried to write it off as suicide nothing to see here, move along..

So, I don't care what the british believe, they are biased af against russia, in bed with nasty oligarchs, terrorists etc, very happy to accept all those stolen billions (Roman Abramovich) from the russian people into the british economy..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Wait so dictatorship and one ruler is more democratic? You mean to tell me that democracy is the true communism?
    Where did you get dictatorship from? Seriously don't put words in my mouth. As for communism, u just throw random words into the conversation, get lost.

The British? Interesting you ignored what I wrote about the skripals a few posts back, u didn't enjoy that vx-gas vs novichok info?

Speaking about Britain, a nest of Russian criminals n oligarchs protected by London...hell, you even have islamic terrorists there wanted for terror attacks against civilians in Russia...What about the biggest oligarch of them all, Berezovsky, as soon as he started talking about wanting to go back to Russia he suddenly was 'suicided'...and that not one accusation was pointed against Russia, which is unusual for england being anti-russian enemy, tried to write it off as suicide nothing to see here, move along..

So, I don't care what the british believe, they are biased af against russia, in bed with nasty oligarchs, terrorists etc, very happy to accept all those stolen billions (Roman Abramovich) from the russian people into the british economy..

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get dictatorship from? Seriously don't put words in my mouth. As for communism, u just throw random words into the conversation, get lost.
    Oh, I rather enjoyed the Russians trying to say they totally didn't have a guy murdered, even though the mountain of evidence shows that they did.

Loved. Every. Word.

It's a shame Putin is a power-hungry dictator who murders political enemies.

Who would u put in power in the kremlin?
    Lets export the Trumps, Russians seem to overwhelmingly like him for soooooooome reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I rather enjoyed the Russians trying to say they totally didn't have a guy murdered, even though the mountain of evidence shows that they did.

Loved. Every. Word.

It's a shame Putin is a power-hungry dictator who murders political enemies.
    The skripals are alive, Machismo, who are u referring to even? Berezovsky? There is no way Putin would murder someone he could strong-arm to spill all his dealings with London, and London is the most to loose should he go to Russia, he wrote a letter begging Putin permission to return to Russia, doesn't sound like a guy planning to suicide himself or Putin would be the last to prevent him (his information really) from coming to Russia.

I'd believe eipstein killed himself before i'd believe berezovsky killed himself.

Anyways, you are just throwing wild accusations, ignore counter-points, simply do one-liners, there's no actual back-n-forth discussion with you...I don't put people I dislike on ignore, that would be a long list, but people who just waste my time n add nothing, zero, to discussion, is just not worth my time.

The skripals are alive, Machismo, who are u referring to even? Berezovsky? There is no way Putin would murder someone he could strong-arm to spill all his dealings with London, and London is the most to loose should he go to Russia, he wrote a letter begging Putin permission to return to Russia, doesn't sound like a guy planning to suicide himself or Putin would be the last to prevent him (his information really) from coming to Russia.

I'd believe eipstein killed himself before i'd believe berezovsky killed himself.

Anyways, you are just throwing wild accusations, ignore counter-points, simply do one-liners, there's no actual back-n-forth discussion with you...I don't put people I dislike on ignore, that would be a long list, but people who just waste my time n add nothing, zero, to discussion, is just not worth my time.
    Well, Putin has killed a lot of people, they all mix together.

What a shame.

Enjoy that list!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who would u put in power in the kremlin?
    Trump. He wants to be a d̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ dictator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the key element that Putin is doing here is removing Medvedev from power. Regardless of how things play out from it shows that Putin never saw Medvedev as his successor and indeed he really wasn't up to the task. The person he appointed in his place is likely going to be next president of Russia, though in a weaker state.

Will Putin remain in power as Prime Minister after that? Perhaps, or perhaps he'll step down and remain as an elder statesman who intervenes only in difficult situations.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Not even close. Actual, non-bullshit number is about 14 years, 1 year less than Merkel.
    Putin has been the de facto autocrat/ruler of russia since the last couple years of yeltsin's presidency. So about 22 years. The titles of president and PM in russia have effectively been a fiction since he officially took the PM job in 99. Merkel doesn't have near the amount of power putin has, hardly a real comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z209GZzTF_E
    (i know it's not a great source but he did go through the effort of compiling information that I wouldn't have bothered to do)

like I was telling Mr. Triggered, this is the same shit that Netenyaho is up to, the same shit that Trump is up to, the same shit that Putin is up to.
    money money money money. and being in charge of a standing army and nuclear arsenal if anyone objects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Putin has been the de facto autocrat/ruler of russia since the last couple years of yeltsin's presidency. So about 22 years. The titles of president and PM in russia have effectively been a fiction since he officially took the PM job in 99. Merkel doesn't have near the amount of power putin has, hardly a real comparison.
    Wasn't talking about Putin there, m8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohtlmtlm View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z209GZzTF_E
    (i know it's not a great source but he did go through the effort of compiling information that I wouldn't have bothered to do)

like I was telling Mr. Triggered, this is the same shit that Netenyaho is up to, the same shit that Trump is up to, the same shit that Putin is up to.
    money money money money. and being in charge of a standing army and nuclear arsenal if anyone objects.
    Everyone wants to stay in power, the difference between Putin, Trump and Netanyahu is that Putin can just go ahead and order it to happen overnight and change laws at his whim (which is precisely what he did), while Trump and Netanyahu have to obey the law in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone wants to stay in power, the difference between Putin, Trump and Netanyahu is that Putin can just go ahead and order it to happen overnight and change laws at his whim (which is precisely what he did), while Trump and Netanyahu have to obey the law in the end.
    the laws are getting in the way of their corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtlmtlm View Post
    the laws are getting in the way of their corruption.
    Yes they do and that's a good thing, unlike that Russia clown show where laws exist only for the unwashed masses that don't have the money to bribe their way out of it or power to do whatever they want.

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, Putin has higher popularity figures than trump netanyahoo put together, and his party united russia has lots of seats, it's perfectly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    months late on that

[video=youtube;09ZCJnf-qMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ZCJnf-qMw[video]
    I can't even be mad anymore, I just put my head in my hands and cry inside for a moment, then wait for the next disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    China and Russia sure are chomping at the bit to centralize their power to just a handful of individuals to wield power with an iron fist.

hmmm... Why did the people rise up and overthrow the previous Chinese and Russian governments, again?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.