Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    A mythic raider still had atleast 445+ ilvl baseline and you would only need +10 proc to get to ilvl cap(455). So even if a lfr raider has that one piece of 455 the rest of their shit is probably still about 420-430.
    I understand that.

It's the principle behind titanforging. The chance it procs is extremely low from experience. Legion was nuts with titanforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I agree, there's nothing wrong with TF, except the whiners (who mostly are gear whores).
    The whole point of wow is to obtain BIS gear and top the charts and destroy people. Titanforging only makes things worse. I am a gear whore because I enjoy out gearing and 1v3ing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Why not. How does it harm anyone if an lfr player somehow decked out in full mythic gear.
    Assuming titanforging always procs, everybody would have the same gear and same power. It would be absolutely boring and demoralizing. For instance, I want to be that player with shadowmourne as a warrior, walking around like a badass one shotting undergeared people. Everybody would look at me and go, "Wow, that guy has all the gear!", or something.

I used to watch Klinda videos, and man those were the good days. Warriors were insane with shadowmourne and BIS heroic gear!

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And they do. Do the actual math.
    I should be more specific, assuming titanforge always procs, it's 100% lottery, no effort required. In theory, if you ran just LFR, you COULD titanforge all of your gear (except weapons and azerite). But the chances of that are astronomically low.

It's the principle behind titanforging, I hate it. You can disagree with me all you want, toss statistics and shit, but my opinion hasn't changed one bit.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2020-01-17 at 01:01 AM.

So wait are people glad titan is gone....but okay with corruption?....it's the same damn thing just with a negative to it and ui element.....lol
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I understand that.

It's the principle behind titanforging. The chance it procs is extremely low from experience. Legion was nuts with titanforging.

The whole point of wow is to obtain BIS gear and top the charts and destroy people. Titanforging only makes things worse. I am a gear whore because I enjoy out gearing and 1v3ing players.

Assuming titanforging always procs, everybody would have the same gear and same power. It would be absolutely boring and demoralizing. For instance, I want to be that player with shadowmourne as a warrior, walking around like a badass one shotting undergeared people. Everybody would look at me and go, "Wow, that guy has all the gear!", or something.

I used to watch Klinda videos, and man those were the good days. Warriors were insane with shadowmourne and BIS heroic gear!

I should be more specific, assuming titanforge always procs, it's 100% lottery, no effort required. In theory, if you ran just LFR, you COULD titanforge all of your gear (except weapons and azerite). But the chances of that are astronomically low.

It's the principle behind titanforging, I hate it. You can disagree with me all you want, toss statistics and shit, but my opinion hasn't changed one bit.
    You dont know how much of a baddie you sounds saying dumb shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    As another mythic raider, not all of us are this entitled to having "special loot". Titanforging was appropriately removed because it was bad for the game, period. Nothing to do with mythic raids.
    It was bad for the game because it made getting baseline loot feel awful. That's just an objective fact. This isn't about being "entitled" it's about never being done. It's about baseline loot being shit because it didn't rng roll 5 or 10 ilevels higher.

And you're very blind if you think titanforging going away doesn't have something to do with mythic raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

\

And this is the prime example of mentality issue, you DONT need to get best gear and titanforged was nerfed in BfA, twice in legion, once in BfA.
    Azerite cannot titanforge, while tier sets could.

Hardcore players don't give a shit about gear as long as it's good enough to clear bosses. Look at method, they are clearing raids in week 1. They don't have even close to BiS gear nor they are furiously farming it afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a gamble and lottery, this is simply stupid comparison because in lottery not everyone gets rewarded. While with titanforging you do get rewards but it may not be best possible for you. You STILL get it. And I am not talking about drop RNG, we are discussing titanforging alone.

Want better rewards? Go higher. Got a lucky roll, good for you.

Lottery is currently corruption because you want infinite stars, ANY item with it will be better than max ilvl you can get. And better by high margin.
    You know guilds like method and limit hardcore split raid the entire tier specifically to gear up for the next tier, right? Do you think they're split raiding mythic for the joy of it?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I don't understand the hate titanforging got. It's so boring going into a m+ or raid knowing it's impossible now to get an upgrade. It's gonna be so lame getting the same item level every run and you gear out your character in a few nights of m+.

Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.

Yea yea this forum will be full of "git good" "join a mythic guild noob" and all that bullshit but I much prefer m+ because you only need 4 more people and can do it whenever which suits me as a full time worker on a weird time zone and your mythic loot still gets the cool xmogs and mounts ffs. Now I have to raid mythic to be competitive in content I wanna do. Lame
    465 in a +15 in is not decent enough for you huh? 475 in Weekly Chest with RNG ...Thats mythic level.
    Last edited by rips; 2020-01-17 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    You dont know how much of a baddie you sounds saying dumb shit like this.
    Takes one to know one.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    You know guilds like method and limit hardcore split raid the entire tier specifically to gear up for the next tier, right? Do you think they're split raiding mythic for the joy of it?
    Of course because higher level gear makes progress easier, needless to say it's not even close to "bis". Not because they want gear as their goal, they want world first. And gear is just a tool for them.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    So wait are people glad titan is gone....but okay with corruption?....it's the same damn thing just with a negative to it and ui element.....lol
    Corruption is far worse.

Bad luck with Titanforging wasn't going to put you behind that much. Bad luck with Corruption and you're now sucking up the bottom of the DPS. While people who were lucky are doing 20-30% more damage than you just because they got lucky.

How Blizzard thought Corruption was a good idea is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Ahahaha 25%
    4k at lev 1 minus 25% = 3k = STILL TURBO OP
    14k at lev 3 minus 25% = 10k = HOLY SHIT UBER TURBO MEGA OP

There you have it, have fun with corruption cause titanforging was bad

mommy that guy got 2% larger ice cream than me, he doesnt deserve it
    (a rich kid shouting at poor kid in amusement park while having S10 in his pocket and wearing gucci clothes)

So what the owner of the ice cream parlor does (blizzard) ? Gives 3 big ice creams to poor kid for free. Enjoy.

I really really really really really hope blizzard slaps even more RNGForging system in shadowlands. I really hope they do.
    It will be a gigantic dickslap in the face to community, and community deserves it.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-01-17 at 04:12 AM.

Of course because higher level gear makes progress easier, needless to say it's not even close to "bis". Not because they want gear as their goal, they want world first. And gear is just a tool for them.
    Ok - but they are farming gear. You claimed those guilds were not farming gear after clearing them week one. They're doing that for titanforges and gg gear for next tier.

So the claim you made was incorrect. The only reason MOST raiders farm gear is to make prog easier. They want BIS gear going into next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Ok - but they are farming gear. You claimed those guilds were not farming gear after clearing them week one. They're doing that for titanforges and gg gear for next tier.

So the claim you made was incorrect. The only reason MOST raiders farm gear is to make prog easier. They want BIS gear going into next tier.
    No, my claim was correct. Even before titanforging those guilds were farming furiously first 1-2 weeks to get best possible in that timeframe gear. Not best in slot.
    Their goal was was clearing raid as fast as possible and gear was just a tool for that.

You don't even need to confirm that as they are simply stacking best classes when they can - EVEN if those alts have subpar gear compare to their main.
    Because they do understand math, that is the whole magic here.

Did they care if their warlocks on Uu'nat had worse gear than their mains? Nope because they knew, thanks to this, they can slap one more dps and one healer out.
    Look at their gear on first kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    lol

It needs way more than a 25% nerf. Even with the 25% nerf it's still almost twice as much damage as the next corruption for most specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    You're arguing based on the assumption that gear is a reward. Many players like myself and pretty much everyone I know do not think of gear as a reward in any way. Gear is only a tool you need in order to get actual rewards.
    If you dont care about gear then why do you care that titanforging is removed? Checkmate.

Only blizzard would remove titanforging and replace it with something even worse.

No, my claim was correct. Even before titanforging those guilds were farming furiously first 1-2 weeks to get best possible in that timeframe gear. Not best in slot.
    Their goal was was clearing raid as fast as possible and gear was just a tool for that.

You don't even need to confirm that as they are simply stacking best classes when they can - EVEN if those alts have subpar gear compare to their main.
    Because they do understand math, that is the whole magic here.

Did they care if their warlocks on Uu'nat had worse gear than their mains? Nope because they knew, thanks to this, they can slap one more dps and one healer out.
    Look at their gear on first kills.
    Again - they're farming gear for the same reason all raiders are. Their gear on first kill tends to be super good too, because they split run heroic many times during week 1.

Do you think these people go into the world first race with shit gear? They're also spamming M+ constantly outside of raid as well for even more gear.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And again the "everybody who disagrees me is just crying for the sake of it". You understand that people are allowed to have multiple problems with the game, right?
    Again with the strawmanning.

I have zero problem with people disagreeing with me. What I do have a problem with is people who make loud demands, but when challenged to substantiate their problem they simply shout louder.

And you're the perfect example example of that. You haven't engaged with me on the argument. You just keep repeating assertions as if the "facts" speak for themselves. They don't (for example you claimed that T14 was the perfect gearing system as if it's some fact, but you had zero substantiation for why or how it was better than the current system). I get that in your mind it's very clear that TF is just a bad system. But if you cannot be bothered to put together a cogent argument for others to understand your thought process, it suggests that you haven't bothered to put enough critical thought into the issue to warrant your opinion being taken seriously. And that it is going to leave those of us who have thought it through, and can put it down for others to see, to assume that you're just whining.

Anyhow, you think TF was terrible for the game and you've moaned about it for a long time. I am simply stating, in the same spirit, how I think players who whine about things without thinking about them are terrible for the game. At least I am willing to engage in debate, considering what other have people have said. Nothing you have said in this debate leaves me to believe you are even prepared to show that same courtesy to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Good, now that you've shown that the best you can come up with is to insult me, I can assume that you have no actual argument.

No, I am not happy about it. Not because I think the removal of TF is going to have a massive effect on me, but rather because I think another decent system in this game has been sacrificed on the altar of pandering to whiny players who are probably just going to find something else to whine about now.

You are, of course, welcome to prove me wrong, but I have zero faith that any of the players who are celebrating the demise of TF will remain happy for long.
    It’s interesting that you perceived that as an insult. Heroic players are mediocre. It’s not an insult unless you make it to be yourself. If you have a problem with being mediocre then you should think about doing something about it. Words wont change your status but actions will.

My argument:

- Heroic raiders get heroic level gear with no exceptions.
    - Mythic raiders get mythic level gear with no exceptions.

What is your argument FOR titanforging?

The only people I feel bad for are the m+ players that push +25 keys. They deserve good gear.

But Heroic raiders get the gear they deserve: Heroic gear. If you want better gear than that, then you have to push your limit.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-01-17 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If you dont care about gear then why do you care that titanforging is removed? Checkmate.

Only blizzard would remove titanforging and replace it with something even worse.
    How presumptuous of you to checkmate without giving me a chance to retort first, arrogant.

I never said I don't care about gear, I said I view it not as a reward, but as tools I need to get actual rewards. I want to be able to kit out my character to the max, log out and only log in for mythic progress 2 days a week. And when mythic progress is done, I want to log out and come back for the next tier.

Titanforging makes me feel like I can always do more, can always run those extra M+, that normal or heroic run or, even LFR. I don't like that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    you serious bro?
    titanforging lost them a lot of subs
    Citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You know what those games allow you to do tho? Drop out and come back later with minimal investment to start anew. Which is where WoW failed with this. I briefly considered coming back to the game after Shadowlands was revealed (quit after Uldir) but seeing the amount of neck/essence grind needed, and the desire to play a different class to what I already had from Uldir and I just walked away. The run to catch up prohibits the 'drop in' playstyle that D3 and PoE allow.
    You've been handed a 35 neck for doing a quest since the Battle of Dazar'alor patch. And with improving artifact knowledge going from 35 to 60 would probably take one or two quests each. I was 70 before the patch and I've already added two levels and I haven't even finished the cloak storyline. How much more catchup do you want? Free 70 just for logging in? Add to it you're not getting account wide essences. Ion just had an interview about that and he was quite clear on his thinking.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.