Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Valeera and the 8.3 Cutscene

so why is valeera in horde embassy in 8.3 cutscene? She helping both factions?

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    so why is valeera in horde embassy in 8.3 cutscene? She helping both factions?
    She's the one that delivers the news to the horde champion that both sides are meeting and agreeing on things. So essentially she's the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    She's the one that delivers the news to the horde champion that both sides are meeting and agreeing on things. So essentially she's the messenger.
    I see that, she sided with the horde, but is it just me or does she blend in/look better alongside horde characters in orgimmar compared to when in stormwind amongst alliance characters? I watched both cutscenes and she looks like more natural/believable in horde territory amongst horde characters but looks so out of place and odd in Stormwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I see that, she sided with the horde, but is it just me or does she blend in/look better alongside horde characters in orgimmar compared to when in stormwind amongst alliance characters? I watched both cutscenes and she looks like more natural/believable in horde territory amongst horde characters but looks so out of place and odd in Stormwind.
    She is very out of place in Stormwind, and the people there are very prejudiced against her. She is however very loyal to Anduin due to her close connection to his father, and serves as a secret courier (and spy) of his in Horde territories.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    She is very out of place in Stormwind, and the people there are very prejudiced against her. She is however very loyal to Anduin due to her close connection to his father, and serves as a secret courier (and spy) of his in Horde territories.
    Yes she is prejudiced there (god knows why she still sticks around there still) but also visually and aesthetically, she looks and feels better among Horde characters. I watched both cut-scenes like 5 times and she looked so out of place in Stormwind but in Orgrimmar, she blended in so much better with the Horde leaders. If I was new to World of Warcraft, I'd probably think she was a Horde character just by seeing her in the Horde embassy sitting there amongst the Horde council.

Another thing I do not understand is that she is an uncrowned champion and shadow, yet she is without a bodyguard, why didn't she bring Vanessa Vancleef along with her for personal protection while travelling to Orgrimmar?

What is kind of funny is that the Horde KNOWS she is anduins personal spy and yet allows her to walk freely in Horde territory. Lol

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao you can leave the secret part out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What is kind of funny is that the Horde KNOWS she is anduins personal spy and yet allows her to walk freely in Horde territory. Lol
    I mean now? the only people who should be in hiding were against Anduin.

If it were a human messenger/envoy instead of a blood elf, the Horde would have executed them on the spot or thrown into prison or fed to the wolves, so it was pretty smart of Anduin to send his blood elf envoy. Valeera fits in better within Horde territory than Mathias Shaw lol.

But in all seriousness, I think that now with Sylvanas being dethroned from the Horde, Valeera really cares about the Horde's well-being, I think deep inside she loves the Horde and sees them as her family, yet she did not have this opportunity to express this before because she rejected Sylvanas. She seems a lot more comfortable with the Horde now (especially with Thrall, Baine + others etc leading it) than she was prior. In Stormwind she gets treated like crap, in Orgrimmar no one treats her with prejudice, sure, some horde members do frown because she is considered a spy of Anduin but little do people know that her loyalty is to Anduin only not the Alliance, so as long as Anduin is not threatened, I don't see why she can't side with the Horde and aid them? Or does the fact she protects Anduin bother the Horde so much that they are not willing to accept this blood elf? Anduin is not a bad person and doesn't want to bring upon bloodshed and war upon the people of the Horde. I don't see why any Horde member would be against Anduin or wanting him dead...He literally silenced Tyrande when she was begging for retribution against the Horde. It's clear Anduin is not the enemy of the Horde. He never was and never will be. He was enemy of Sylvanas only and even then he still wanted to make peace with the Banshee but failed. I don't see why anyone on the Horde would want Anduin dead, only fanatics or Sylvanas supporters probably. The kid is so pacifist that he wanted to make peace even with Garrosh. Anduin is a man of peace and if you love peace, you wouldn't want him dead.
    Last edited by gurutikka; 2020-01-17 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Lmao you can leave the secret part out of it.
    Well, you can now, yes. But prior to the armistice she was pretty undercover.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If it were a human messenger/envoy instead of a blood elf, the Horde would have executed them on the spot or thrown into prison or fed to the wolves, so it was pretty smart of Anduin to send his blood elf envoy. Valeera fits in better within Horde territory than Mathias Shaw lol.
    naw. Post Saurfang death kumbaya.. the horde lost a lot of it's edge... like all of it really. Most the people that might kill humans on sight got locked up in chains or stood down.
    Anduin is not a bad person and doesn't want to bring upon bloodshed and war upon the people of the Horde. I don't see why any Horde member would be against Anduin or wanting him dead...
    anduin isn't the problem in that regard. It's the company he keeps. Shaw and SI:7. Genn has a history of not really following orders. Jaina has had a bloodthirst streak that put Sylvanas to shame (until Teldrassil at least). Alleria has been poking at bullshit trying to poach hordies over to the alliance. And now Tyrande is out there making a bid to become the new bitchqueen.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you can now, yes. But prior to the armistice she was pretty undercover.
    Think it would have been obvious back at the battle for the undercity following the Wrath Gate incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Think it would have been obvious back at the battle for the undercity following the Wrath Gate incident.
    Her presence goes pretty unremarked on, though. Then again, the Battle of Undercity was a pretty hectic occurrence with a lot of wheels in motion, so she was probably still pretty under everyone's radar.

10+ Year Old Account

But in all seriousness, I think that now with Sylvanas being dethroned from the Horde, Valeera really cares about the Horde's well-being, I think deep inside she loves the Horde and sees them as her family, yet she did not have this opportunity to express this before because she rejected Sylvanas. She seems a lot more comfortable with the Horde now (especially with Thrall, Baine + others etc leading it) than she was prior. In Stormwind she gets treated like crap, in Orgrimmar no one treats her with prejudice, sure, some horde members do frown because she is considered a spy of Anduin but little do people know that her loyalty is to Anduin only not the Alliance, so as long as Anduin is not threatened, I don't see why she can't side with the Horde and aid them? Or does the fact she protects Anduin bother the Horde so much that they are not willing to accept this blood elf? Anduin is not a bad person and doesn't want to bring upon bloodshed and war upon the people of the Horde. I don't see why any Horde member would be against Anduin or wanting him dead...He literally silenced Tyrande when she was begging for retribution against the Horde. It's clear Anduin is not the enemy of the Horde. He never was and never will be. He was enemy of Sylvanas only and even then he still wanted to make peace with the Banshee but failed. I don't see why anyone on the Horde would want Anduin dead, only fanatics or Sylvanas supporters probably. The kid is so pacifist that he wanted to make peace even with Garrosh. Anduin is a man of peace and if you love peace, you wouldn't want him dead.
    Valeera lack of loyalty to the Horde did not appear with Sylvanas, even when Thrall was Warchief, she was a gladiator (prisioner) for Rehgar, so she doesn't really have a good option on any of the factions, she likes the Alliance more cause she fought alongside Varian as a gladiator and become close friends before he took the crown back.

Also what make her look more in place with the Horde, is the whole color of her clothes, red + green are not really Alliance colors

Well yeah, we aren't at war any more, and Baine Bloodhoof is in Stormwind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I'm still wondering who thought the Gladiator Slave ring made sense?

[QUOTE=mickybrighteyes;52026551]naw. Post Saurfang death kumbaya.. the horde lost a lot of it's edge... like all of it really. Most the people that might kill humans on sight got locked up in chains or stood down.

The Horde should be executing anyone who is a threat to the Horde, not just races that aren't affiliated with their faction i.e humans dwarves. With Nzoth becoming a threat, he will send void cultists to Orgrimmar. Might I suggest, capture these void cultists and feed them to the wolves. This is the best way to deal with Nzoth's cultists. Nzoth's cultists aren't a specific race, they are humans, dwarves, orcs, undead, etc who all are the enemy of the Horde. Not only Horde but also Alliance.

Wow you have a huge fanfic going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Valeera lack of loyalty to the Horde did not appear with Sylvanas, even when Thrall was Warchief, she was a gladiator (prisioner) for Rehgar, so she doesn't really have a good option on any of the factions, she likes the Alliance more cause she fought alongside Varian as a gladiator and become close friends before he took the crown back.

Also what make her look more in place with the Horde, is the whole color of her clothes, red + green are not really Alliance colors
    I personally think she is more comfortable with the Horde and is only acting as a spy for Anduin because she pledged loyalty to his dad. It's just my opinion but I think she feels more at home in Orgrimmar than in Stormwind where she faces prejudice.

She's Anduin's pet which somehow means she's not Alliance, just the pet of the leader of the Alliance.

Don't ask, none of her story makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    She's Anduin's pet which somehow means she's not Alliance, just the pet of the leader of the Alliance.

Don't ask, none of her story makes sense.
    Actually it makes complete sense. She was a very close friend of Varian during his time as Lo'gosh and stayed that way even after he became king. Because of this she considers Anduin basically a part of her family, a nephew, much like Jaina does. But she is and remains a Blood Elf (hence why she has trouble being accepted by the Alliance hierachy in general) and is also a member of the Uncrowned which consists of criminals mainly (Tess being very secretive about it, not even telling her dad).

And because she is a Blood Elf she can move in Horde circles a lot easier then any other Alliance spy, thus she works for the House of Wrynn (not necessarily the Alliance) in secret. She also shares Anduin's wish for peace though, since she is of course stuck between two chairs. Apparently only very select people on the Horde side know of her true allegiance, people that Anduin trusts, so Valeera was also the one to ask Jaina to meet with Baine.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    anduin isn't the problem in that regard. It's the company he keeps. Shaw and SI:7. Genn has a history of not really following orders. Jaina has had a bloodthirst streak that put Sylvanas to shame (until Teldrassil at least). Alleria has been poking at bullshit trying to poach hordies over to the alliance. And now Tyrande is out there making a bid to become the new bitchqueen.
    Jaina being worse then Sylavans?

Oh my... I don't even... the length people go to make Sylvanas look better is unfathomable by now... I was thinking of writing details why that is ridiculous, but I figured there is no point.
    You know very well that Sylavans has slaughtered villages and blighted whole cities way before Teldrassil, not to mention that she enjoyed innocent farmers being tortured to death in her blight experiments. To say that Jaina has done anything even remotely as bad, is simply dishonest. And to say it beforehand, no, the Purge of Dalaran was not on the same level, no matter what fanfiction the Horde has build up about it.