Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Nah I hope they remove wq completely. For some reason it feels way better to pick dailys and hand them in after I'm done. I prefer just 1 or 2 zone pick dailys and hand in instead having to fly from fp to fp to do wq
    same with me form some reason I much prefer the daily system of WQ, maybe it's the lack of "CHAMPION! quickly we need your help" popping up every 10-20 seconds, or it's the fact that Daily quest can tell a mini story (A la Molten front or IoT) and not always just be a one off system (assaults help this a bit but even then the keystone quest just feels like a slightly longer WQ), or the actual feeling of interacting with the world instead of that voice in my head telepathically adding money to my bags... I will say the Naj system of adding both is probably the best middle ground, but given the choice I feel like I enjoy the daily system more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Totally agree with OP. World quests are so much better than dailies. You just fly around and complete various objectives, and you pick which ones to do.
    Trouble is they cant really tell a story with them, you can never have something like island of thunder or the or molten front unless where to deeply change the WQ system

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Trouble is they cant really tell a story with them, you can never have something like island of thunder or the or molten front unless where to deeply change the WQ system
    the dailies didn't really tell the story those examples... the rep gated normal quests did. Isle of Thunder might actually be a better example of the shift toward world quests with the varied dailies it offered. Or maybe you're referring to the gated method of having to work through the 'dailies' in a specific order as how they pushed a story? If that's the case, I'm not sure how many people really enjoy railroading that much.

Honestly, I feel like an event like the War of Thorns is a good way of telling stories. Questlines mixed with WQ events unlocked upon completion, and maybe make some of those quests gated via rep or in game events.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Don't forget that Silithus is right next to Uldum anyway.
    Yeah, or just like fly over...

5+ Year Old Account
    Wait no emissary awards for the new reps..... blizzard why?!!?

15+ Year Old Account
    That is easy. Have WQ unlock after doing the new stage story quests. Unlock each stage based on Emissary. So 4 world quests a day for whatever time gate they want to get to the next stage. They could easily have it be its own emissary block as well. So it really is just a daily time gate with the benefit of being able to do 3 a day. Nothing much has to change about the WQ system.

Just a separate Emissary pool. All of the old systems were just time gates that had one off quests supported by dailies. So its easy to do the same now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

same with me form some reason I much prefer the daily system of WQ, maybe it's the lack of "CHAMPION! quickly we need your help" popping up every 10-20 seconds, or it's the fact that Daily quest can tell a mini story (A la Molten front or IoT) and not always just be a one off system (assaults help this a bit but even then the keystone quest just feels like a slightly longer WQ), or the actual feeling of interacting with the world instead of that voice in my head telepathically adding money to my bags... I will say the Naj system of adding both is probably the best middle ground, but given the choice I feel like I enjoy the daily system more.

- - - Updated - - -

Using dailies (i.e. doing the same thing over and over) to tell a story is just clunky and dumb IMO. I always despised the times they tried to do that. The story should be told through a one-time, linear questline, or else through things like dungeons and raids. Repeatable world content and story should stay separate.

Like Diablo 3, you complete the campaign and then unlock bounties and rifts as your endgame repeatable content, which aren't part of the story. Trying to mix them always just feels awful to me.

You can just not play. I made that decision in October.

World Quests are better though. Looks like I made a good decision.
    Last edited by muto; 2020-01-18 at 06:15 AM.

The whole thing with dailies in 8.3 is pretty weird. The rewards they give are very poor, and the quests themselves aren't even tied to any achievements or any other progression. I skipped them yesterday already and it seems this might become a habit for me. Not sure what they were going for with all of this

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The whole thing with dailies in 8.3 is pretty weird. The rewards they give are very poor, and the quests themselves aren't even tied to any achievements or any other progression. I skipped them yesterday already and it seems this might become a habit for me. Not sure what they were going for with all of this
    Enjoyment. Do them if you want to or skip them if you don't. Things don't need some deep complex reason. It helps to draw some people in to aid others with rares, events, pvp, etc. Gets them grouping maybe. You really only have to be doing the minor vision daily so you can get your 1k essences. That helps for doing extra horrific visions in the week. Or right now getting up to cloak 6
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."