Poll: alright who's looks better as Wonder woman?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I don't know I don't completely disagree but she would have to ditch the Bob Haircut, so how would she pull off Long hair either like Gadot or Carter.
    wig and/or hair extensions.

not that short haired wonder woman is not canonic. cause it is.

Wonder Woman has changed her look a LOT through the decades, depending on the era, etc

I love Gal Gadot but the retro one has great tits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Considering the creator of her based her appearance on the woman he and his wife were fucking and all the orgies and bondage he was into I'd say breast size is a pretty valid criticism.
    Hahaha you made me look that up, and DAMN holy shit, didn't know that about the creator, however we are talking about the comic book character.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Considering the creator of her based her appearance on the woman he and his wife were fucking and all the orgies and bondage he was into I'd say breast size is a pretty valid criticism.
    actualy, she was based on both the wife AND the girlfriend (Olive wasn't just someone they were fucking as you so crudely put - three of them were in a long term poly relationship) and when I say based on, i don't just mean appearance, I mean their personalities as well.

from images i could find, neither of them were all that chesty anyways. leave it to nerds to focus on the inconsequential details...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    wig and/or hair extensions.

not that short haired wonder woman is not canonic. cause it is.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Wonder Woman has changed her look a LOT through the decades, depending on the era, etc

Good point, but I think it would kind of come off as a re imagining kind of like they have done with Superman and for all the purist there are about sticking to source material I think the results of the poll are interesting.

actualy, she was based on both the wife AND the girlfriend (Olive wasn't just someone they were fucking as you so crudely put - three of them were in a long term poly relationship) and when I say based on, i don't just mean appearance, I mean their personalities as well.

from images i could find, neither of them were all that chesty anyways. leave it to nerds to focus on the inconsequential details...
    Yeah personality wise may have been the wife but looks was on the other woman. And being crude doesn't change any facts. And it doesn't matter if she was chesty or not the point is that Wonder Woman was and the very sexual nature of her creation. If you took the sex or feministic ideals out of her she wouldn't be the same character.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-01-17 at 04:18 AM.

Good point, but I think it would kind of come off as a re imagining kind of like they have done with Superman and for all the purist there are about sticking to source material I think the results of the poll are interesting.
    but that's the thing about purists. which image do you stick to? its not like Linda Carter is THE very original wonder woman either. original wonder woman wore this very frilly skirt and her hairstyle was ALSO different. then she switched to something resembling bike shorts that were longer then those of Linda Carter and at one point were almost to her knees. sometimes her belly was showing. sometimes... it wasn't. her original headband was very narrow. and so on and so forth.

so.. how far into purism do we go? Wonder Woman was reimagined so many times.. including by her original creators.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/won...h-the-years/2/

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah personality wise may have been the wife but looks was on the other woman. And being crude doesn't change any facts. And it doesn't matter if she was chesty or not the point is that Wonder Woman was and the very sexual nature of her creation.
    it matters when boobs are the only thing you focus on. when sexuality of her creation didn't have much to do with boobs and had EVERYTHING to do with bondage, lesbianism and feminism through the roof. (and given how similar wife and girlfriend looks, what makes you be so certain that it was one and not the other, rather then amalgamation of the two?)

and i'm calling people who are hyperfocused on boobs vs anything else - nerds. whether you count yourself in that number? that is up to you.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-01-17 at 04:19 AM.

but that's the thing about purists. which image do you stick to? its not like Linda Carter is THE very original wonder woman either. original wonder woman wore this very frilly skirt and her hairstyle was ALSO different. then she switched to something resembling bike shorts that were longer then those of Linda Carter and at one point were almost to her knees. sometimes her belly was showing. sometimes... it wasn't. her original headband was very narrow. and so on and so forth.

so.. how far into purism do we go? Wonder Woman was reimagined so many times.. including by her original creators.

- - - Updated - - -

it matters when boobs are the only thing you focus on. when sexuality of her creation didn't have much to do with boobs and had EVERYTHING to do with bondage, lesbianism and feminism through the roof. (and given how similar wife and girlfriend looks, what makes you be so certain that it was one and not the other, rather then amalgamation of the two?)
    Why would she have her breasts out if it wasn't important? Why wouldn't she look more like catwoman??? You take the sex or feminism or tits out of the equation and you get an entirely different character.

And again I only mentioned what I heard was a reason people complained I didn't say that was my own thoughts but thanks for trying to insult me and call me a nerd its such a good way to win an argument.

10+ Year Old Account

I see what you mean but the source material is the comic. For the most part I think Lynda Carter nailed it the best. Although I am not a purist, I think she looks like the comic book.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would she have her breasts out if it wasn't important? Why wouldn't she look more like catwoman??? You take the sex or feminism or tits out of the equation and you get an entirely different character.

And again I only mentioned what I heard was a reason people complained I didn't say that was my own thoughts but thanks for trying to insult me and call me a nerd its such a good way to win an argument.
    Wonder woman has breast, it's part of her anatomy because she is human, they are certainly not out there anymore than superman.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I do think she is largely forgotten because of the success Gal Gadot has had with the Wonder Woman mantle, much the same as Matt Salinger has been overwritten by Chris Evans with regards to Captain America. It seems like you're having trouble separating yourself from the fandom here and that's why you keep mentioning people like George Reeves not being forgotten. Just because a person's fans still remember them doesn't mean they are actually relevant to pop culture anymore (and could thus be considered pop culture icons). George Reeves is all but completely forgotten in current pop culture - he has no current relevancy or recognizability to the general population.
    That's not an effective comparison by any capacity. Matt Salinger starred in ONE Captain America movie released in 1990 that was never released in theaters and was BARELY released in VHS. There were scant few VHS rental shops that even obtained a single copy. It was that much shit. That bad. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that remembers it was even talked about, let alone completed. Where as TV's Wonder Woman ran for 3 seasons and was very successful. So, not sure why you are comparing the two.

I see what you mean but the source material is the comic. For the most part I think Lynda Carter nailed it the best. Although I am not a purist, I think she looks like the comic book.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder woman has breast, it's part of her anatomy because she is human, they are certainly not out there anymore than superman.
    Superman covers his entire chest, wonder woman just covers her breasts. If it wasn't an important part of her designed she would have a more S&M outfit that covers more of her body.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Gina Carrano could have made for a great Injustice Wonder Woman, i think
    Honestly? I think she would have been perfect for a Kingdom Come Wonder Woman (See below). I think Lucy Lawless would have also made an amazing Wonder Woman in the early 2000s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Superman covers his entire chest, wonder woman just covers her breasts.
    Well their anatomy is in different areas. her breast are completely covered, no cleavage in both Gadot and Carter, which I think is pretty refreshing, what they are wearing is form fitting and functional. Hell there isn't even any cleavage. It doesn't get more tame than that.

and i'm calling people who are hyperfocused on boobs vs anything else - nerds. whether you count yourself in that number? that is up to you.
    Lol nice job editing your insult to make it sound like you are talking about other people and then saying If I count myself in that number its up to me. You don't have to worry I didn't report you for being a snide jackass.

Well their anatomy is in different areas. her breast are completely covered, no cleavage in both Gadot and Carter, which I think is pretty refreshing, what they are wearing is form fitting and functional. Hell there isn't even any cleavage. It doesn't get more tame than that.
    Are they as covered as Catwoman? Ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Honestly? I think she would have been perfect for a Kingdom Come Wonder Woman (See below). I think Lucy Lawless would have also made an amazing Wonder Woman in the early 2000s.

I will not argue with that. I think Lucy was actualy at one point considered for wonder woman. don't quote me on it, but I think there was talk about it, especially since Xena is basically wonder woman but not in patriotic US colors.

me, i would have loved to have seen wonder woman as made by George Miller, but alas.. that didn't happen. Meghan Gale looked really good IMO.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-your-f...d-j-1823995450

it sounds completely bonkers, but these kinds of movies are the most fun IMO.

Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-01-17 at 04:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could never get behind the diaper bottoms look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

she looks like one of the reiterations of the comic book is what i'm saying. but there were other comic book looks. and even then, her costume is an interpretation of a comic book one, probably cause they couldn't figure out how to make that eagle work in its comic iteration https://comicbook.com/2016/10/21/won...t-anniversary/

Easy Linda Carter by a mile - looks way more like an Amazon.

Of course Gal Gadot looks better as not Wonder Woman

Of course - if we are looking at the quality of the photograph, or the popularity of the show - then Gal Gadot wins too.

But the question was specific and for that the answer is unquestionably Linda Carter.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol nice job editing your insult to make it sound like you are talking about other people and then saying If I count myself in that number its up to me. You don't have to worry I didn't report you for being a snide jackass.

Are they as covered as Catwoman? Ok then.
    Yes they are. Just as the Incredible Hulk is as covered for the purposes of this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I could never get behind the diaper bottoms look.
    Superman is literally in a onesie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes they are. Just as the Incredible Hulk is as covered for the purposes of this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Superman is literally in a onesie.
    OK? Doesn't relate to swamp butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.