Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's definitely a rat, it's got the naked tail. Perhaps red eyes would have completed the look with the white fur

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    It's not the incentives, it's the fact they're taking away unique potential assets from everyone and going, "You want this? Pay up now long term." for it instead of offering them as in game rewards.

They could make a system where you get a token every 6 months of sub time and you can hit up a vendor to buy something you want, but doing it this way ensures you stay subbed even if they have a content drought. You're locked in for 6 months even if the put out literally no content. It's exploitative behavior, taking advantage of FOMO, all for greed's sake, not to reward players.
    Ok Comrade.
    It is not a unique asset. It is a reskin. Nothing was taken away. There is already an in-game reward that has been there for years.

Your idea has some merit but also some flaws. Rewarding a token for every continuous 6 month period has the same effect as what they did, but actually being greedy. You're sick of the game, about to let your sub lapse but then you get an email "1 more month and we give you the mount token". That's 6 times worse. That is pure manipulation. At least the way blizzard does it is "hey man, subscribe for 6 months and we give mount". It's a lot easier for people to reject because the cost is higher. But I do like the token idea. "Subscribe for 6 then you can choose one of these 7 mounts!". Especially at the beginning of a patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Look at the terrible fucking Blizzcon Yeti suit that is now an in-game cosmetic. That was them testing the waters is my guess. We're about to see a whole bunch of dumb, lore breaking cosmetics.
    About to see? They have had lore breaking cosmetics since the trading card mounts/pets we have been seeing them for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    See how I don't just make baseless claims and back my claims up with reasoning, personal opinion and facts? You should try it.
    no facts, just assumptions and opinions, which you sure are entitle to have
    AND YET when people do exactly the same just in opposite direction, they are stupid and wrong... hypocrisy at its finest

technicaly you do get 2 new m+ dungeons (mechagon), and visions and assaults, reputation, new raid ofc, so the content of expansion IS EXPANDED, however you try to twist it, as all of the previous patches content IS STILL VERY RELEVANT (well bcs of titanforgine removal arathi warfront cease to be relevant as you reach higher ilvl)... or did every patch before add to every goddamn feature? bcs afaik it did not...

Nothing against them adding incentives for subs, but that mount is horrendous, geez.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree, it looks more like a lab mouse. I'm still not getting it, I was just surprised when I actually played the video and saw it had wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Maybe not but Ratstallion looks way better. This mount doesn't even look like a rat.

tis a rat.

also white rats exist. alot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laboratory_rat

White rats and mice look pretty close, but the bigger back end points it to being a rat more then a mouse.
    but rendark i feel like you have never seen a rat other then the generic dirty brown gross rat and never seen a mouse other then the generic tiny brown farm mouse or tiny white lab mouse.
    they are pretty similar, and rats can as you can see come in white, but the mount is obviously closer to the rat then mouse.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-17 at 07:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I'm still paying wow sib with diablo III money, a free mount is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    So that's the new tactic to keep subs up, Offer rewards for long time subs. Sneaky.
    Don't you mean... squeaky ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a stupidity test

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    It's a stupidity test
    i got it for free so does that mean i fail or succeed?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why? What is wrong with offering incentives to subscribe or stay subscribed?
    Probably because you are already paying for a subscription? Your rewards should be designed in the game to keep you playing, not just have an account that you maybe might log in when you're not playing classic or anything else more exciting. That's what we call a paywall.

No worries, it'll be up on the store in a few weeks anyways. Just desperate measures to look good for Chinese investors.
    We both know you're wrong, I'm just louder than your quiet conscious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Probably because you are already paying for a subscription? Your rewards should be designed in the game to keep you playing, not just have an account that you maybe might log in when you're not playing classic or anything else more exciting. That's what we call a paywall.

No worries, it'll be up on the store in a few weeks anyways. Just desperate measures to look good for Chinese investors.
    Do you celebrate christmas, saint patrick's day, or easter?

who cares? its just yet another mount. At this point one would think that people got bored of it and stopped buying them. There are so many in the game and they all do the same thing(run/fly), nothing extra than that(Except long boi, mammuts & Yak).

For the people that buys it; yeah good for you! I dont really care what you spend your money on. BUt why spend it on this? Quickly enough its yet another forgotten mount in the neverending list of mounts.

Sooner or later people will find just a mount boring and Blizzard must find new stuff to sell for real money. Wonder what that could be.. if we ever could get a hint......

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Why would you celebrate saint patricks day anywhere but ireland?
    Good question. I do not celebrate and even had to check Wikipedia wtf is this holiday about.

why would you celebrate christmas anywhere but rome?
    Good question but what do Christmas has to Rome?
    I am pretty sure it is Christian/Catholic holiday (not talking about shopping, Sauta Claus, Christmas tree or other commercial shit).

why would you celebrate Easter unless your christian?
    Good question. I do celebrate that since i am from christian family and do not care if anyone else does that. It is their choice.

shall i go on?
    I like how you totally missed all the ones based on American culture/history like Halloween or Thanksgiving.
    These are sooo 'normal' that everyone should celebrate, right?...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Good question. I do not celebrate and even had to check Wikipedia wtf is this holiday about.

Good question but what do Christmas has to Rome?
    I am pretty sure it is Christian/Catholic holiday (not talking about shopping, Sauta Claus, Christmas tree or other commercial shit).

Good question. I do celebrate that since i am from christian family and do not care if anyone else does that. It is their choice.

I like how you totally missed all the ones based on American culture/history like Halloween or Thanksgiving.
    These are sooo 'normal' that everyone should celebrate, right?...
    1. surprised, saint patties is pretty big

2. / https://www.questia.com/magazine/1P3...stic-resources christmas started in rome, it had nothing to do with christianity originally, it was about drinking and partying, then the christians decided to make it about them to try and get people to be abit better.

3. alright well there you go.

4. Because i assumed you lived in america, as alot of the whine babies do, so why would i question american holidays to an american.
    but hey if you're not american, then hey, do you celebrate halloween or thanksgiving?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-17 at 07:42 AM.

1. surprised, saint patties is pretty big
    Not in my country.

2. / https://www.historytoday.com/archive...vent-christmas christmas started in rome, it had nothing to do with christianity originally, it was about drinking and partying, then the christians decided to make it about them to try and get people to be abit better.
    Again. I am not talking about commercial, historical or pagan things but pure religious.
    But honestly as a mature person i do not care much about religion anymore. It is tradition in my family to spend it together more that anything else.

3. alright well there you go.
    ???

4. Because i assumed you lived in america, as alot of the whine babies do, so why would i question american holidays to an american.
    That is the biggest problem of this forum...

but hey if you're not american, then hey, do you celebrate halloween or thanksgiving?
    No.
    Why would i celebrate holiday based only on US history on the other side of the world?

3+ Year Old Account
    I’m amazed that there’s so many people here that don’t like the rat. Regular rats suck, but Fancy Rats are ridiculously cute and are actually good pets.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

i got it for free so does that mean i fail or succeed?
    i know what you did there but it pisses me off from purely economic point of view

no you didnt get it for free you got it for 60 euro.

the fact that you would spend that 60 euro regardless doesnt make it free.

and yes im equally pissed when idiots say how they got "something " free or cheaper in shops when they overbought product X just to get 1 thing "free"

no you didnt get anything free you spend X amount of money on Y amount of product which of you needed really Y - Z amount and still given retailer profits due to how high margins on those products are.

and yes i know that thats exackly how world works - because this stupid human behaviour gives me nice juicy quaterly/yearly bonuses. but it doesnt change that it preys on people's stupidity and naivety coming from lack of understanding of business practices.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-01-17 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why? What is wrong with offering incentives to subscribe or stay subscribed?
    Nothing if the game has a lot content, then it's a nice loyalty bonus.
    A lot if it's done purely because they expect people won't be playing this patch very long and quit, then it's just money grubbing.

and well... this patch has been pretty light on the content. can't see why anyone who isn't a serious raider would put up with it for more than a few months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i know what you did there but it pisses me off from straight economic point of view

no you didnt get it for free you got it for 60 euro.

the fact that you would spend that 60 euro regardless doesnt make it free.
    I am already subbed to the game, i logged in and had it for free.

yes if it required you to go buy a new sub then yes, but i am already subbed, they already have me, its the "Rewarding new customers over current customers" they are rewarding both.

i was already subbed, i logged in and got the mount. i didnt go and buy it then go "i also get a free mount i guess i will buy 6 months!"
    i was already buyying 6 months, and the mount got added on after the fact.

if i go to the store, and buy a cheeseburger and they give me a second for free after the fact, that cheeseburger is free, end of story.
    if i go to the store and they say "hey buy 1 cheeseburger get one free!" then i buy the cheeseburger, yes that second one is not free, cause they used the allure of the free cheeseburger to get me to buy the first, in reality is "2 cheeseburgers, each 50% off"

But i literally got the rat for free, the rat did not allure me in with its "free" ness to get the 6 month sub, i literally just got it for free, for having a 6 month recurring going.

i spent 0$ on it.

joining a club cause if you pay 15$ a month you will get a free thing every 3 months is not free.
    but joining a club, then suddenly without your prior knowlege getting a free thing after 3 months. that is free, cause you already bought the prodect without needing it.