Heroic Difficulty Operation: Mechagon Awaits

Heroic Difficulty Operation: Mechagon Awaits
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Prince Erazmin leads a group of unlikely allies on a desperate mission into the heart of Mechagon. In a race against time, they must overcome King Mechagon’s army of mechanized monstrosities and defeat the mad genius before his doomsday device purges all organic life from Azeroth.

Heroic Difficulty Operation: Mechagon is accessible by using Group Finder (I), where players will find this mechanically marvelous dungeon split into two parts—the Junkyard and the Workshop. You’ll need to have an item level of 345 to be able to queue. Beginning January 21, those looking to amp up the challenge of this dungeon will also be able to take on Mythic Keystones.

Dungeon Bosses: 8 (Heroic split into 4 and 4)
    Difficulties: Heroic and Mythic
    Level: 120

Operation: Mechagon – Junkyard

King Gobbamak: Obsessed with hoarding dangerous technology found amongst the scrap, King Gobbamak sits upon a pile of doomsday weapons that he lacks the intelligence to operate or understand.

Gunker: After years of coalescing into a concentrated cesspool. Mechagon's toxic waste has gained malevolent sentience. With the sanitation systems disabled, Gunker is free to ooze across all of Azeroth.

Trixie & Naeno: Trixie and Naeno, two of Bondo’s top lieutenants, have a turbulent relationship. While Trixie prides herself on ruthless efficiency, Naeno is the embodiment of chaos while behind the wheel. The only thing they have in common is their penchant for senseless violence, which they enjoy dispensing on anyone foolish enough to wander into their territory.

HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit: Predator of the skies, the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit soars over the yard executing its prime directive, disintegrating all trespassers. With impenetrable armor and a lethal host of weapons, it annihilates all who are caught in its shadow.

Operation: Mechagon – Workshop

Tussle Tonks: Mechagon’s premier mechgineers test their mettle (and metal) by building customized combat robots. While these tonks typically battle each other for glory, they combine their efforts to repel foolhardy organic intruders who dare venture into Mechagon.

K.U.-J.0.: As the repository for the city’s refuse, the Under Junk is a prime target for gnomes from Bondo’s gang who intend to steal valuable mechanical components. While Trash Mistress Wendy Cogsworth ceaselessly sorts the city’s junk, her loyal guard dog, K.U.-J.0., keeps out unwelcome intruders—mechagnomes and adventurers alike.

Machinist's Garden: Beautiful and dangerous, Head Machinist Sparkflux's metallic gardens are designed for both recreation and retribution. With a flick of a switch, the idyllic scenery transforms into a death trap from which no interloper can escape.

King Mechagon: As maniacal as he is brilliant, King Mechagon despises all organic life. With his mechoriginator primed and ready, nothing stands in the way of his scheme to purge the curse of flesh from Azeroth and mechanize the entire world.

There’s a variety of loot just waiting to be pulled from the scrap in this dungeon full of mechanized monstrosities. Seek out your allies and join the discussion on the forums here.

first!

looks like fun

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    looks like fun
    agreed. I didn't really run this in mythic since I finished the mechagon quest in a run that was on the last boss already, so it's still new for me.

I believe there's a bug, I queued for the first half of the dungeon but it made me locked with the second part, in the group only me (fury war), an DK and an prot pally stayed after the end trying to do the second part, since it was locked to queue we just walked to the rest of the dungeon and we finished it in 3.
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64

Hey, cool. Now you can make a bad dungeon even worse.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

You can't deny the game has certainly improved a lot over the years - graphically.

Wait, is that.. is that the "cycle" from southpark?
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...agonboss03.jpg
    aka the entity? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Entity_(South_Park)

Do you get rep for clearing the dungeon?

15+ Year Old Account
    Was no one doing it on mythic and they wanted people to actually play it? I remember trying it a few times with random pugs, and we couldn't even kill the first boss without someone failing always. Or was it decided from the start that it will also come out on heroic later? Assuming it's harder difficulty than other heroics, what is the ilvl when compared to mythic?

should have came back when mechagon was released

but glad i will be finally able to do 6 months old content

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Was no one doing it on mythic and they wanted people to actually play it? I remember trying it a few times with random pugs, and we couldn't even kill the first boss without someone failing always. Or was it decided from the start that it will also come out on heroic later? Assuming it's harder difficulty than other heroics, what is the ilvl when compared to mythic?
    Yes, it was decided from the start. There was also a precedent with Kara dungeon (it was Mythic-only at first and then released as two heroic dungeons; it was also added to M+ rotation); this one follows the same pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Do you get rep for clearing the dungeon?
    Not as far as I know. Someone said they got some rep after killing a boss at one time, but overall you don't get rep for it. There is that questline you finish there, that MIGHT give rep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Yes, it was decided from the start. There was also a precedent with Kara dungeon (it was Mythic-only at first and then released as two heroic dungeons; it was also added to M+ rotation); this one follows the same pattern.
    Ah yes. That does make sense!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Julaes View Post
    I believe there's a bug, I queued for the first half of the dungeon but it made me locked with the second part, in the group only me (fury war), an DK and an prot pally stayed after the end trying to do the second part, since it was locked to queue we just walked to the rest of the dungeon and we finished it in 3.
    Yeah, I saw a hotfix repair for that this (Thursday) morning.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Hey, cool. Now you can make a bad dungeon even worse.
    Tell me who is forcing you to run it? Honestly we need less reeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in this site
    Last edited by munkeyinorbit; 2020-01-17 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    It, like Cathedral and Karazhan, were a step up in difficulty from the release mythics. I myself only did it once to complete the questline and didn't go back. I keep telling myself I need to for the essence but...
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It, like Cathedral and Karazhan, were a step up in difficulty from the release mythics. I myself only did it once to complete the questline and didn't go back. I keep telling myself I need to for the essence but...
    It's the best 5 man this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    It's the best 5 man this expansion
    Eh, my first run was a guild run and it was still super painful. I was the tank and it felt like I was boomeranging between full and almost dead all the time. I think I might be traumatized.