Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There are lots of people doing all of it... about half the mobs I get to are grey, mostly had to farm normal mobs to get progress - managed one elite, a couple of chests and that's about it.

The vale was FAR quicker - lots of events and rares and clickables.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah - but this time it isn't
    If you think an MMO should be alt friendly within 24 hours of a major content patch, you shouldn't be playing an MMO
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Its tedious, its long, its awfully buggy currently.
    Essences alone along with Nazjatar and Mechagon farm and rep farm were enough obstacles to face while gearing alts.
    8.3. quest line is like a final shot in the head.

Its an essential fix to make it skippable on alts for the most part.
    Not really.

8.2 content barring access to Essences killed alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    - It takes 2 hours on your first char to get a cloak you'll keep for several months
    - You can skip some parts, like the Mogushan Palace part
    - Every assault completion is quite fast if you don't want to complete every damn daily
    - The first horrific visions to upgrade the cloak (in which you just have to kill the boss) takes 2 minutes

Getting this legendary is INFINITELY faster than getting the cloak in MoP or the ring in WoD. If you can't be arsed to spend less than two hours on an alt for some back and forth running whille watching a stream/Netflix to get an item you'll keep till the end of the expac, you're so fucking lazy it boggles my mind.
    Can we get this on a t-shirt? Asking for a friend.

I think the alt hate from the devs is never going to change.

They want to pretend alts should mean repeating all gameplay, while people want it as additional class choice while preserving the achievements they made with other chars.

Tf you mean ? Alts have been dead since they introduced essences LOL.

8.3 is just burying the body.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Doing the questline again on alts isn't that big of an issue for me.

What IS an issue however is how unnecessarry tanky the mobs are. As a 443 bala druid it's taking ages to kill a normal mob and they threw into that a casting speed debuff. I understand if I was undergeared, but this high ilev? It was tedious and unenjoyable cause the only thing I could think was "please no more mobs".

What's the point of being well geared?
    Just to be clear, it sux at low ilvl too. I have done them everything from higher ilvl, midrange around 410-420, and all the way down to 380 - it ALL sux, tehy are just SUPER spongy and take forever to kill. The sad part is they do this so that in 6 months, when they THINK we will still be farming these dailies, the mobs dont just get 1 shot. Basically, its balanced around 470 ilvl or something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    You know whats funny about that, I took a toon thru the quest line that was 374ilvl with a 42 neck, you want to talk about a rough experience. Every mob was a very slow kill and throw in a grp of 2-3 and I was practically in the single digits or dead every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Just to be clear, it sux at low ilvl too. I have done them everything from higher ilvl, midrange around 410-420, and all the way down to 380 - it ALL sux, tehy are just SUPER spongy and take forever to kill. The sad part is they do this so that in 6 months, when they THINK we will still be farming these dailies, the mobs dont just get 1 shot. Basically, its balanced around 470 ilvl or something stupid.
    Yeah, I'm aware of the fact that on lower ilev it's even more ridiculously tedious, if not just hard.
    What I meant was that if I finish the patch on such a high ilev, I'm expecting the entry content of the next patch to be faceroll.
    I was also talking more about Halls of Origination quests (of which there are multiple).

I can't even imagine how it's going to be on a freshly dinged 120. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware of the fact that on lower ilev it's even more ridiculously tedious, if not just hard.
    What I meant was that if I finish the patch on such a high ilev, I'm expecting the entry content of the next patch to be faceroll.
    I was also talking more about Halls of Origination quests (of which there are multiple).

I can't even imagine how it's going to be on a freshly dinged 120. Yikes.
    Like i said, i have done it from HIGHER ilvl...

You have to do the necklace quests and the initial Nazjatar quests before you can even start the 8.3 questline, so it's extra painful for alts that hit 120 during Korrak's Revenge. I was considering changing mains but damn this is obnoxious trying to jump through the right programming hoops just to start playing the patch. And are essences seriously not account-wide? What a joke.

A partially-skippable questline that takes like 2 hrs for a legendary item is the least of your problems playing an alt in BfA

Go grind out Blood of the Enemy rank 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Go grind out Blood of the Enemy rank 3...
    If someone rolls an alt that needs blood of the enemy they are a masochist.

Alts haven’t been easy to get up to speed since MoP.

WoD = Garrison
    Legion = Artifact Power and Relics
    BFA = Azerite Power, Azerite, and Neck Relics

The only not alt friendly part of MoP was the legendary cape, but that was easily obtainable compared to the farm we have now.
    Last edited by muto; 2020-01-17 at 10:59 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Then you shouldn't play an alt, the entirety of the new content is revolved around doing the assault, it effects your legendary cloak, it effects the reputation needed for both new reps, it's also required for 2 of the 3 new essences. So at the end of the day if "Assaults are the tedious part" then you shouldn't play the alt(s).
    You still didnt comprehend but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    And even if there might be a daily that sucks like finding 4 rares in Uldum it is absolutely not worth doing it, a skipped daily won't hurt at all every few days.

If you are an heavy alt player you have time for this, too. No excuses for this BS.
    Pretty much. The reputation and coalescence visions gains are so minimal for each daily, that I don't bother doing them. Grinding was worth it in 8.2 due to flying and essences, but it's not in 8.3. If people have the mentality of "I MUST DO ALL THE THINGS EVEN THE MOST POINTLESS AND INEFFICIENT ONES BECAUSE I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF", that's a "you" problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in ma' days we walked half the continent on foot to turn in side quest for 20 silver...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished my third cloak questline, the longest part was the assault zones and skipping the Palace scenario helped a lot..

BfA have been murdering alts since day 1
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

just finished the quest chain for the cloak....annnnd it helped me quit the game again, thanks Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Which parts would those be? I just started on my alt and after doing the uldum assault I'm not sure if I should continue.
    As soon as you talk to Magni in Uldum the first time you are sent there. Turn in the quest to him and talk to him again. There is an I have already done this option.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    BfA have been murdering alts since day 1
    Really? The Korrak challenge made up for everything, I think. Now "all" my alts are max level.
    Mother pus bucket!