Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    I do hope we see the Unshackled again even if we never get them as an allied race.

I really enjoy having Neri and Poen around and I think it'd be a shame for them to be stuck in Nazjatar forever.
    I have some good news for you then. They show up in 8.3 at the Durotar shores. You can see them here:
    https://imgur.com/KNI3uGY
    https://imgur.com/YIgTW2f
    https://imgur.com/eTYxyAr

It looks like blizzard is having them help the horde similar to wildhammers and since they will probably be a custom option, it is practically the same as if they become an allied race. Minus gilgoblin druids, racials and heritage armor. But there is all ways to mitigate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Vulpera were foreshadowed since before BfA. The thread implies that there was some dillema which one will become the allied race, lol
    not saying you're wrong, but how?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    When all these weird playable races came before Ogres, Arakkoa, High Elves, Naga, Furbolgs, Broken Draenei and Ethereals... Losing faith in Wow. All people that have played since the beginning Knows what i mean.

I am happy for Zandalari trolls, Nightborne, Dark Iron Dwarves and Maghar orcs tho. They had a spot among the ones with history.
    Please stop trying to speak for people other than yourself. I’ve been playing since 2005, and I don’t give a shit about ogres or naga.

Vulpera are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    not saying you're wrong, but how?
    I won't say that it was foreshadow before BFA, but since the start of BFA (or a little before that) we already have the Vulpera Brewfest banner and stuff, and since BFA started, we already had a comment from any of the Undead Guards in Dazalor pointing the possibility of them as an AR (If you ask one of the Undead Guards where the Vulpera emissary is, they are going to ask if Sylvanas asked you to bring them into the Horde, unsure if that dialogue was changed now)

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they'll make Gilbin a special skin to Goblins, I see Blizzard are adding more skins (eg Wildhammer Dwarf to Dwarfs, hype)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    I have some good news for you then. They show up in 8.3 at the Durotar shores. You can see them here:
    https://imgur.com/KNI3uGY
    https://imgur.com/YIgTW2f
    https://imgur.com/eTYxyAr

It looks like blizzard is having them help the horde similar to wildhammers and since they will probably be a custom option, it is practically the same as if they become an allied race. Minus gilgoblin druids, racials and heritage armor. But there is all ways to mitigate this.
    Yeah, i saw this not long ago, and i was wondering if they are going to get the Wildhammer treatment? (become a Goblin costumization option in the next expansion), i personally like the idea, just hope that all those small groups that end up shoved into costumization option still get some love (maybe a couple of dungeons with items based around those races -so they get something like Heritage armor even if its not exclusive for that race-)

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    When all these weird playable races came before Ogres, Arakkoa, High Elves, Naga, Furbolgs, Broken Draenei and Ethereals... Losing faith in Wow. All people that have played since the beginning Knows what i mean.

I am happy for Zandalari trolls, Nightborne, Dark Iron Dwarves and Maghar orcs tho. They had a spot among the ones with history.
    That's because it's easier to reuse already polished rigs and animations than having to recreate / create new ones for unique races. The ones that you mentioned that AREN'T unique and just reskins, that's just Blizzard saving them for another time if they ever really want to make more allied races. As much as I want Naga - they are going to be a race all on their own if we get it, not an allied race. Same for Arakkoa, or Ogres. They would have to re-animate these things to their standards for every other race and make them unique (Just like Demon Hunters were exclusive for this reason).

You have to look at Allied Races as a whole replacing what would've been one or two unique, well done races. Blizzard already stated that allied races were unique to BfA - and we won't be seeing them as often afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorched2Black View Post
    I feel like between the jinyu and the Ankoan a fish race, while perhaps might not have been the most desired choice, would certainly have been a more interesting one over gnomes 2.0
    I totally agree with this, and i personally do hope to see Ankoan + Jinyu become an AR in the future, i actually really like their looks, and if both are combined into 1 AR, then its going to bring enough costumization to it to appeal to more people (as Ankoan have a more savage look, while the Jinyu give more a peaceful feeling)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I won't say that it was foreshadow before BFA, but since the start of BFA (or a little before that) we already have the Vulpera Brewfest banner and stuff, and since BFA started, we already had a comment from any of the Undead Guards in Dazalor pointing the possibility of them as an AR (If you ask one of the Undead Guards where the Vulpera emissary is, they are going to ask if Sylvanas asked you to bring them into the Horde, unsure if that dialogue was changed now)
    I knew this much, but thank you. I was specifically curious about Azerate's claim that they've been foreshadowed since before BFA.

Goblins are the least played race in the game. Somehow I don't think "Goblins, but uglier, and stupider!" would get a lotta players...

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Goblins are the least played race in the game. Somehow I don't think "Goblins, but uglier, and stupider!" would get a lotta players...
    Which I always found curious, as I remember a lot of people crying for Goblins to be playable before Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Yeah, that's why i assume they are going to get the Wildhammer treatment and end up as an extra costumization option for the Goblins in the next expansion (though it will bother me a little cause they will get nothing extra for swimming but not a big deal)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Which I always found curious, as I remember a lot of people crying for Goblins to be playable before Cataclysm.
    Well sometimes people ask for races because they wish to play them but because they would make sense storywise an feel like they are already classic part of one of the factions

BTW I think the Pandaren are less played (if you separate them by faction), and of course, they are more played than all AR, but that's mostly because AR have more requirements to get and not because they are more popular

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Allied races are not luring anybody back for any significant amount of time.
    Absolutely correct, allied races are a thin paint job that most WoW players see as too shallow of an addition to the game to justify any time or money spent on them. Blizzard needs to stop doubling down on dumb fails and cash grabs to save there asses and get back to quality rpg experience, in game community and game play that focuses on what is fun and not on what will push people toward the cash shop.

U-goblins should just be a customization for goblins tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Cata goblins were greatly changed from WC2/3/WOW goblins. They went from cute little psychos to jersey shore ripoffs. Cute voice to the voice of a landlord in the Bronx. Their models being purposefully ugly didn't help either.

BTW I think the Pandaren are less played (if you separate them by faction), and of course, they are more played than all AR, but that's mostly because AR have more requirements to get and not because they are more popular
    Huh? Some of the allied races are CRUSHING Pandaren and the gobos. I think void elves and zandalari are like 3 times higher than pandaren.

Yeah, i saw this not long ago, and i was wondering if they are going to get the Wildhammer treatment? (become a Goblin costumization option in the next expansion), i personally like the idea, just hope that all those small groups that end up shoved into costumization option still get some love (maybe a couple of dungeons with items based around those races -so they get something like Heritage armor even if its not exclusive for that race-)
    Where did you see this out of curiosity? It hasn't been mentioned much. I like that idea also. I think the customization should requires some kind of achievement to unlock. For the gilgoblin one maybe something like must be exalted with unshackled or something like that.

Kind of irritating horde got an actual new race under the guise of an allied race, while alliance got gnomes again.
    I'm a thread killer.

Where did you see this out of curiosity? It hasn't been mentioned much. I like that idea also. I think the customization should requires some kind of achievement to unlock. For the gilgoblin one maybe something like must be exalted with unshackled or something like that.
    They said at Blizzcon that they want to expand character customization in Shadowlands and Wildhammer Dwarves were given as an example skin color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    I do hope we see the Unshackled again even if we never get them as an allied race.

I really enjoy having Neri and Poen around and I think it'd be a shame for them to be stuck in Nazjatar forever.
    I also really liked them. Much more than the Ankoan, who were basically fish-orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

They showed pictures of Wildhammer dwarves at Blizzcon.