Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warmode bonus removed, Blizzard just killed warmode

If this isn't a bug then today is the day warmode died.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    If this isn't a bug then today is the day warmode died.
    If this is true, I'll shout out of joy. Pvp belongs into instanced content, and only instanced content. At least everyone is like minded there.

Another possibility: discontinue the pve bonuses in warmode, so that pve'ers don't feel forced to run around in warmode. They can keep the bonus XP for outdated content (for example, come shadowlands, for 1-50), while also disabling it for the current expansion.
    Last edited by ceall; 2020-01-17 at 05:42 PM.

Oh no, what will people do without 10% extra Coalescing Visions from dailies.

If the only reason anyone used Warmode was for rewards it sounds to me like Warmode has no place in the game in the first place. If people actually found it fun and thought it made the game better they would use it regardless of the benefits it gives.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Oh no, what will people do without 10% extra Coalescing Visions from dailies.
    25%, it was working yesterday.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If the only reason anyone used Warmode was for rewards it sounds to me like Warmode has no place in the game in the first place. If people actually found it fun and thought it made the game better they would use it regardless of the benefits it gives.
    This, a hundred times this. Also, good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

25%, it was working yesterday.
    that might be why they turned it off, huge "bonus" to coalescing visions to one faction could be too much of a benefit

Hopefully it's true.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The evil is vanquished.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    that might be why they turned it off, huge "bonus" to coalescing visions to one faction could be too much of a benefit
    If this isn't a bug and they just killed warmode, there will be an exodus of world PvPers cancelling their subscriptions like hasn't been seen since WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    If this is true, I'll shout out of joy. Pvp belongs into instanced content, and only instanced content.
    Uh no it does not. It’s not World of Raidcraft. War is everywhere, especially the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Probably a bug, but I hope it's not. I hate feeling like I'm gimping myself by not wanting to engage in pvp - warmode should be purely about pvp, it shouldn't help you in anyway
    Wow apparently you are unable to comprehend that the bonus existed for a reason, because PVPers would be GIMPING themselves by playing warmode without an extra reward.

If this isn't a bug and they just killed warmode, there will be an exodus of world PvPers cancelling their subscriptions like hasn't been seen since WOD.
    yeah, no...
    most PvPers do instanced pvp and dont give a fuck about warmode...

Can someone post on the WoW forums to inform them and ask if this is intentional? My account is unable to post there.

I highly doubt Blizzard will care about the 5 people who would quit over this change. Though to be 100% honest I would be utterly shocked if 5 people quit because of this.

Good thing it was a choice. I've played in Warmode for nearly all of BFA, and 99% of my experience with the other faction is we simply ignore each other, because we don't give a fuck about pvp in WoW and just want the bonus rewards - then you get the other types of players who will do nothing but attack you and follow you until they find someone else to chase - PVP shouldn't give bonuses for PVE, it should just be a choice you make. Yes, enabling warmode gimps you a bit - but that's a choice you make by engaging in PVP
    I was having tons of fun world PvPing in the vale yesterday, like waiting at the underground boss while shadowmeld and killing them when they engage so they can't complete the quest line lol.

Good thing it was a choice. I've played in Warmode for nearly all of BFA, and 99% of my experience with the other faction is we simply ignore each other, because we don't give a fuck about pvp in WoW and just want the bonus rewards - then you get the other types of players who will do nothing but attack you and follow you until they find someone else to chase - PVP shouldn't give bonuses for PVE, it should just be a choice you make. Yes, enabling warmode gimps you a bit - but that's a choice you make by engaging in PVP
    Pretty much this. Warmode is 95% bonus abilities with faster progression, and 5% actually people PvPing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    If this is true, I'll shout out of joy. Pvp belongs into instanced content, and only instanced content.
    Sorry...world PvP has been around since vanilla and there is no reason it should be forced into instances. Or did you forget the game is called "World" of "War"craft?

Exactly, because you care about the PVP. Most people engaging in Warmode don't - surely them having no incentive to enter Warmode would make the experience better for you? Because then you'd only encounter like minded players who are willing to fight back/ engage in wpvp
    No the bonus should exist so that it's equally efficient as playing with warmode off.