Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Vision gameplay is great, the aquisition is horrible

So blizz finally did it, they made a fun decently challenging solo content, for the first time since legion mage towers. It has a lot of nubs to increase difficulty, there's the masks if you complete a full run, it even gives loot if someone doesn't do m+ or raiding (which is weekly gated to not be too spammy, as it should be). Sounds like something i wanna hop in as much as possible.

...and they completely fucked up how you get in there.

If i do all weekly and bi-weekly events, i get around 20k coalescomething visions. That's 2 attempts. In those attempts i can't feel free to explore and fail as i want, because i need to kill thrall 5 times for the current weekly cap to rank 6. Worse if i failed any of the runs due to trying to do the side objectives too early or just lacking experience.

Why? why limit players' time in whats possibly the only interesting solo content bfa has? Why not just let us go with it, and timegate/limit loot as you see fit? I think its already timegated, as are cloak upgrades, so why make the attempts so increadibly stringy? in Legion you could easily get 5+ attempts just from some world quests in broken shore in an hour's gameplay, and that was so good. Why not repeat that model? I wanna see how far i can get with each cloak upgrade, i wanna fail and try again, and i imagine a lot of people who like this sort of solo content want similar things. Why stop us through a boring grind with stringy dailies i'll probably never do?

Thank god sc2 co op exists, one game mode blizz still has that's fun for when you don't want a premade group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe so that you won't clear the whole bloody thing week one.

My wifes boyfriend and me are having a great time farming 200 dailies for one try, I don't know what you mean

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, the only awkward thing about it is the whole quest pick up. I bet there are plenty people who lost cloak ranks by just not picking up the quest, which is understandable really - people are not trained machines and it's a shame to lose upgrade this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    If i do all weekly and bi-weekly events, i get around 20k coalescomething visions. That's 2 attempts.
    Agreed with most, just wanted to correct you here, you get 30k, 5500x2 from small assaults, and 10? 11?k from the big one, and 2k+1k x6 from lesser visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometus View Post
    My wifes boyfriend and me are having a great time farming 200 dailies for one try, I don't know what you mean
    You're not meant to grind dailies and chests for that, they're mostly for the rep, the currency is just a bonus that will add up over time. Cape is capped anyway, so grinding like a madman won't help you.

And another thing which I'd suggest, especially if you haven't played PTR, is play your first visions on an alt. That way you can familiarize yourself with the whole vision, and once you go with your main, you will know what to do, and will be able to make better progress.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Well, at least there are no good rewards that you're missing out on
    I like the gameplay, but I suppose we just have to settle for the fun of the challenge and the sense of accomplishment. Kind of underwhelming next to the Mage Towers.
    Mother pus bucket!

My wifes boyfriend and me...
    Wut ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    You're not meant to grind dailies and chests for that, they're mostly for the rep, the currency is just a bonus that will add up over time. Cape is capped anyway, so grinding like a madman won't help you.
    People just can't help themselves but do that. They know it's a stinking 50 CVs and some measly 90 rep, but they still sit there and try to do that shitty 4 rares quest.

That's exactly how those treasure runs from keys of Lei Shen felt like at first. Like you have 5 minutes!~ get all the stuff you can, avoid baddies, and oh you have no idea what this layout is!

But it all got much easier with reps.
    Last edited by slime; 2020-01-17 at 01:47 PM.

I think they are afraid that we will get bored of it too soon, but I agree that giving the most important reward for not trying to do anything special is seriously punishing to people who want to explore the thing.
    There should be a couple of freebies each week that just allow you to get better without having to worry about screwing up your overall progression.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    That's exactly how those treasure runs from keys of Lei Shen felt like at first. Like you have 5 minutes!~ get all the stuff you can, avoid baddies, and oh you have no idea what this layout is!

But it all got much easier with reps.
    If you speak to Wrathion prior to starting the Vision (consuming your turn-in) you can actually see a map of the Vision's route and areas.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So blizz finally did it, they made a fun decently challenging solo content, for the first time since legion mage towers. It has a lot of nubs to increase difficulty, there's the masks if you complete a full run, it even gives loot if someone doesn't do m+ or raiding (which is weekly gated to not be too spammy, as it should be). Sounds like something i wanna hop in as much as possible.

If i do all weekly and bi-weekly events, i get around 20k coalescomething visions. That's 2 attempts. In those attempts i can't feel free to explore and fail as i want, because i need to kill thrall 5 times for the current weekly cap to rank 6. Worse if i failed any of the runs due to trying to do the side objectives too early or just lacking experience.

Why? why limit players' time in whats possibly the only interesting solo content bfa has? Why not just let us go with it, and timegate/limit loot as you see fit? I think its already timegated, as are cloak upgrades, so why make the attempts so increadibly stringy? in Legion you could easily get 5+ attempts just from some world quests in broken shore in an hour's gameplay, and that was so good. Why not repeat that model? I wanna see how far i can get with each cloak upgrade, i wanna fail and try again, and i imagine a lot of people who like this sort of solo content want similar things. Why stop us through a boring grind with stringy dailies i'll probably never do?

Thank god sc2 co op exists, one game mode blizz still has that's fun for when you don't want a premade group.
    Thank you for confirming that I should just wait for Torghast. Seriously, no sarcasm or shade, yours was the review I was looking for!

just realized its about speed again.. which sucks /sigh. can we get non-timer based content please.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Thank you for confirming that I should just wait for Torghast. Seriously, no sarcasm or shade, yours was the review I was looking for!
    Glad to help, and i pretty much agree with you. Tor'ghast (seemingly, hopefully) is not timed and supposedly meant to encourage exploration and repeated attempts. One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Maybe so that you won't clear the whole bloody thing week one.
    How would you? Its impossible to survive the insanity drain of the entire thing with a low ranked cloak, and even with a higher one its impossible to survive masks, and harder still with five masks.

You'd need to wait either way, but if they were generous with attempts you could see how good you can do and not alwsy tread on the safe side.

Back to 4chan with you.

3+ Year Old Account
    I lol'ed. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I both agree and disagree at the same time. It does feel like I would want to do them a lot, but I know that if I'm allowed to do that it will get boring faster or I'll be done with them too fast. I think the idea of being allowed to do them as much as we want would work if there was like 10 different versions, but we only have 2, so getting through them I suspect won't really be that long.

So I'm kinda backing off from my original wish of wanting to spam them. Instead I will unlock them on my alts and have my fun that way. It's not as cool as being able to do 10 different visions on my main, but then again, no content is perfect so I guess it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Wut ?
    I can't speak for how it is in "Sometus" case, But my Sister is actully in such a realtionship, She has 2 Boyfriends atm and they all live together in the same house and she brings both whenever there is an occasion, Like christmas or Thanksgiving.

So if she were to marry one of them the Sentence "My wifes boyfriend" would actully be correct if the husand said it.

I don't see why we can't run more visions if we want to... Cloak upgrades are capped anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I can't speak for how it is in "Sometus" case, But my Sister is actully in such a realtionship, She has 2 Boyfriends atm and they all live together in the same house and she brings both whenever there is an occasion, Like christmas or Thanksgiving.

So if she were to marry one of them the Sentence "My wifes boyfriend" would actully be correct if the husand said it.
    Polyamory: 25% of the time, it works, every time.