Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Kinda crappy if you're selling since most recent listed items sell first. So for popular farm items like herbs you better hope someone buys it fast or yours gets buried.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the new AH is pretty nifty. It only took Blizz like what... 10 years? But I guess it's better late than never.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I agree i love it. Just need 2 things i miss from addons: To cancel all auctions by mass select and show a tooltip from a scan of the AH on items, to see how much it sells on the Auction House.
    Aka we need auctionator updated for 8.3...The AH sucks and is ridden with bugs...Auctionator is needed!!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Most people have used an addon since vanilla for ah
    Still had to scan all the pages, remember in Legion i spent 15min scanning, then after scan 75% of items were gone and i had to rescan and buying items took several minutes to confirm, "just gonna buy herbs before raid" could be a 15-20 min adventure.
    Im not subbed now, but i assume it was still shit before 8.3 on large servers.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Kinda removes the while 'auction house' aspect to it though? Now it's basically online shopping. Sure, it's a quality of life bonus, but I think it harms immersion and the RPG elements of the game. I think it could have been updated without changing that base functionality.
    I can't remember ever feeling immersed in the game world's commerce when swearing at XxxLegolasxxX for putting 500 stacks of 1 herb in the auction house to sift through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The 8.3 AH is a huge improvement over the baseline, which was largely unchanged since 2004. The new commodities market system was much needed, and linking into collections for xmog and so on makes a lot of sense.

Like other people noted, anyone who cared about the AH used an addon for the past 15 years. Auctioneer, Auctionator, and/or TSM. TSM is already updated and both Auctioneer and Auctionator are in-progress. So if you're someone who just used Auctioneer or Auctionator, the 8.3 AH is a pretty big step back. I particularly miss my shopping lists in Auctionator and the appraiser feature in Auctioneer.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Kinda crappy if you're selling since most recent listed items sell first. So for popular farm items like herbs you better hope someone buys it fast or yours gets buried.
    It's basically the same as before though, except without the constant 1 copper undercutting each time with the new sellers.

I like the ability to filter by appearances collected and the favorites list, those are going to see a lot of use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I dono how any one even enjoyed playing wow without either auctionator or auctioneer
    Not everyone uses the auction house lol. It's not even super necessary for 90% of the game

We have no way to tell for sure, but I'd bet that an overwhelming majority of the population uses the auction house.

Note I said the auction house, not auction house addons.

I dont think the changes are enough to call it "amazing". I think they did the basic things needed, but forgot to make it possible to have an easy way for those who trade a lot.

Kinda removes the while 'auction house' aspect to it though? Now it's basically online shopping. Sure, it's a quality of life bonus, but I think it harms immersion and the RPG elements of the game. I think it could have been updated without changing that base functionality.
    Yes, it does kind of remove the Auction House-ness of selling things like potions or whatever, sure. But very, very, very, very, very, very, very few people were ever using the AH as "intended" even when they were selling something like a high level piece of gear. People rarely ever bid on items, they'd just buy them out. Unless you had a very, very desirable piece of BoE gear or something.

As it is, people literally never bid on stacks of food or potions. This just removed that in favor of baked in buying out. Items like BoEs and stuff can still be put up for auction.

You're totally right, nobody bids on anything other than extremely expensive items, basically current patch raid itemlvl gear and mounts. Everything else is a buyout.

Yeah its amazing its currently not giving you gold for the items you've sold on EU at least.

I've sold 1 transmog helm, got 5k for it.

sold flasks/enchants/bombs/pots AH hasn't given me gold for them after 6 hours...

7+ Year Old Account
    Reading through this thread I can't believe how many people weren't using Auctionator and/or Auctioneer. No wonder so many of you hated the old AH. Paging through single stack items? LOL wtf people.

I don't mind the new AH too much. I miss some of the QoL features that Auctionator(providing a list of items in my bags that I could easily post) and Auctioneer(in particular tracking prices, dates, and various other sales related data) had.

Updated Auctioneer and Auctionator are coming though so hopefully the current lack of QoL they brought in the past will be available again in the future..... soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Yeah its amazing its currently not giving you gold for the items you've sold on EU at least.
    QA is obviously a problem in this patch.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...and-publishing

15+ Year Old Account
    What is immersive about clicking through multiple pages of a UI? What RPG is about role playing a UI?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    In the previous AH you'd just get undercut by one copper instead, and you still wouldn't get bought first. Same difference really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    In the previous AH you'd just get undercut by one copper instead, and you still wouldn't get bought first. Same difference really.
    While I suppose you are actually fundamentally correct, it's just weird when they've made something purposely use the FIFO method vs LIFO.

3+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck? AH were never an RPG element, their very existence is nothing more than a quality of life in the first place. The only way to make them immersive and RPG-ish is to let the players entirely run them, no NPC, no menu, no mail box teleportation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand something.

Has this new AH lessened or removed undercutting?