Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's fun content, sure, but if you run it for 3 hours a night for a month will it still be fun? Remember this is the big content of the patch and it's gonna need to last until Shadowlands while still being entertaining. If people could endlessly grind runs it would be really boring after a few weeks. I do think two attempts a week is a bit low, maybe one per day would have been good, but then people would just complain that they have to log in every day or they fall behind so who knows.

I've done it on 5 characters so far, and been enjoying it on all of them, but I'm also kind of glad I'm not required to grind it for hours on each alt practicing the best routes for different specs and such.

They should have capped rewards, not entrances (i mean... they already capped the cloak upgrades). The entrance currency only exists to legitimize the assaults honestly

Did 4 visions, only got loot from the first, learned about the bug afterwards.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Did 4 visions, only got loot from the first, learned about the bug afterwards.

Sigh.
    sure you didn't forget to pick up the quest ? In my guild, every single raider is at rank 5. Not a single bug, and you had 3 bugs in a row ? Not saying that it didn't happen. Just sounds strange to me

I got the cloak upgrades, the chest at the end is supposed to drop a guaranteed piece of loot also.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    I don't see why we can't run more visions if we want to... Cloak upgrades are capped anyway...
    This ^^ Who cares how many attempts we can have per week when starting next week you can only upgrade the cloak like 1 rank a week. Let people explore and challenge themselves endlessly if they want. The ratio for coalesced to vessels is horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the cloak upgrades, the chest at the end is supposed to drop a guaranteed piece of loot also.
    I only got a piece of loot from my first vision.. I've completed it 4 times now.. What am i missing lol.

You're missing 3 pieces of loot, just like me!

How do we know we're supposed to get loot? Perhaps it was just 100% drop on the PTR and not meant to be that way on live.

Pretty sure it's not 100%.

I did enough to get to rank 5 and only got a piece of gear from the first and last run

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometus View Post
    My wifes boyfriend and me are having a great time farming 200 dailies for one try, I don't know what you mean
    You had me there for a sec.

after 3 days of uldum+vale dalies im left feeling totally burned out.. and ive never felt burned out of the game before.

flying around in circles for hours looking for rares etc. is horrible game design (imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Papahirn View Post
    How do we know we're supposed to get loot? Perhaps it was just 100% drop on the PTR and not meant to be that way on live.
    Or they just had gear drop cranked up on ptr becouse they wanted people to get as much gear as possible for testing purpose.

I agree that the visions would be way more fun if I could just run them with no risk to losing out on weekly progression. Make the keys unlock loot/progression, but let me run them for fun - with no reward.

Mage Tower was great that way. Sure, it cost an entrance fee, but it was so low that you could easily spent an entire evening honing your tactic to get it done. And it still wasn't easy (I did the tank one first, immediately when it came out). I would often give up frustrated from my own stupidity, not because the game told me I couldn't go anymore - just to come back an hour later, to try again.

Taking risks and testing myself, and slowly improving, is what really makes such activities fun. But not if its only 2-3 times a week, and even less if I have to play those attempts absolutely safe to not miss out on progression. Sure, I can take risks in a couple months when my cloak is 15, but even then, with such a limited amount of tries per week there is very little time to learn and improve, since there is always such a huge gap between attempts. And by that time, I'll already be through the progression and miss out on much of the "learning".

I hope they learn this for Thorgast, so that we can actually have fun in there. Every other activity I can practically spam as much as I want, learn and practice until I succeed, either with uncapped loot (ie. M+ end of dungeon chests), or with capped loot (Raid, M+ weekly), but it doesn't tell me that I can't go anymore. Well, raid bosses did that in the past, but thats an era long gone. Why approach solo content so differently?

And even outside of solo, if I've already spent my keys, I can't help friends to run. This also goes against the entire flexible lockout design everything else uses.

Even better, just get rid of keys, and let the first kills a week just give you loot/progression. First Thrall, first side-bosses respectively. That way it matches raid lockout behavior, first kill of any boss gives you rewards. No need to bother with the key nonsense at all. Make the currency do something else, or just get rid of it. But I suppose its too late now. Just don't repeat it with Thorgast.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2020-01-17 at 05:53 PM.

I suppose that's possible too, but one piece of mediocre sub-raid loot from an event you'll probably be doing 3x/week isn't unreasonable as a catch-up mechanism. The assaults all drop them too.

"Practice" visions are a good idea for sure.

I suppose that's possible too, but one piece of mediocre sub-raid loot from an event you'll probably be doing 3x/week isn't unreasonable as a catch-up mechanism. The assaults all drop them too.

"Practice" visions are a good idea for sure.
    It goes up to 475 when you add in everything (extra boss kills, the masks or whatever)

Thanks op. A good point to not sub this patch. I can't stand those timed things.

Good point-- I really do think it's a bug, and should be 100% droprate.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only for the first vision of the week (which stupid if you ask me because you might get further on subsequent runs and thus be eligible for higher itemlevel drop).

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    It's only for the first vision of the week (which stupid if you ask me because you might get further on subsequent runs and thus be eligible for higher itemlevel drop).
    Do you have a blue post link? It didn't work that way on the PTR, and players are supposed to do more than one per week. What if later on in the week you group up with friends and do a 5 mask run, you don't get any loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    It's definitely not only the first, because as I said I got a piece from my 5th run last night.

It is possible that the first is a 100% drop though and the rest are decreased perhaps.