Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Really? The Korrak challenge made up for everything, I think. Now "all" my alts are max level.
    I did the same on 11 of my characters in Korrak, which was a lot of fun but

Go do the legendary quest chain a few times then get back to us on how you feel about keeping those alts progressing...
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2020-01-17 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Is it only negative that people who have spent more time (and over a longer period) have a significant advantage over those just stepping in?
    I realize people feel differently about this, but personally I think that time is a very valuable currency in an MMO if it's done right, and WoW appears to have lost its way in this regard. I firmly believe that those who started earlier and put in more time (a combination of both) should have an advantage, and that you should only be able to catch up to some extent with alts. Do you disagree?
    The problem isn't about alts. It's more about returning players.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole patch kills alts, unless you are playing wow the whole day.

It is a shame, the daily quests alone take far too long to complete, that if you can even complete them... They clearly did it on purpose to keep people engaged longer but this is gonna result in the opposite..

It is already tedious to farm essences on alts, now you also need to go through this madness? Just make more things account bound. Don´t know but the game should be more time friendly and less time demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The whole patch kills alts, unless you are playing wow the whole day.

It is a shame, the daily quests alone take far too long to complete, that if you can even complete them... They clearly did it on purpose to keep people engaged longer but this is gonna result in the opposite..

It is already tedious to farm essences on alts, now you also need to go through this madness? Just make more things account bound. Don´t know but the game should be more time friendly and less time demanding.

What have you been smoking? Doing uldum, vale, lesser vision wont take any longer then 45-60minuts. A game should be time demanding. Time -> reward. Essences litterly take less then 3 weeks to obtain in all epic variants. Sure it requires some time but if you dont have the time, stay playing 1 char. I dont want people geared to the teeth and what not with only spending 5 minuts a day. That ridiculous

Doing this on 1 alt each day because on main it's fuck all to do. AP is a joke.
    Three good epic pieces, new essences, legendary cloak and AP thrown after you. What's not to like.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-01-17 at 02:17 PM.

Patch 8.3: Visions of N'dlessgrinding

7+ Year Old Account
    To problem to me its not the initial long quest chain... its farming Coalescent for the alts for keeping the Cloak updated...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    To problem to me its not the initial long quest chain... its farming Coalescent for the alts for keeping the Cloak updated...
    This won't be as big of a problem, considering they're timegating the max rank of the cloak. That way if you do 2-3 visions every week you'll already catch up next week.

I took one alt through the intro quests, and even with the scenario skips it really took a long time. Blizzard needs to do better, 8.3 is going to last until October or later, it needs to be alt-friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I did the same on 11 of my characters in Korrak, which was a lot of fun but

Go do the legendary quest chain a few times then get back to us on how you feel about keeping those alts progressing...
    Not sure I will this time. I don't need 15 well-geared alts if there is no time limited reward system like the mage towers to give me an incentive.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Why play an alt if you don't want to play the same content on a different character? That's kinda what alts are, a "new game". WoW isn't a game with 36 specs for your character, it's a game where you choose your class.
    FUCKING YES!!!! This so much.....it doesn't make sense for a new character to have all the achieves or mounts that your main character does....because they are DIFFERENT CHARACTERS.....

so glad you said this....*clapclapclapclapclap*
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

If the longest part of those quests are the Invasion and you don't like it, I have a little new for you, you gonna do that every week... If you don't like it, you don't deserve an alt. An alt is not a off-spec of your main character, it's a new character, you need to work to get it geared...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Why play an alt if you don't want to play the same content on a different character? That's kinda what alts are, a "new game". WoW isn't a game with 36 specs for your character, it's a game where you choose your class.
    Exactly my train of thought. I think the complaints are coming from the players that want to skip all the leveling and story and jump right into dungeons and raiding. I'm the exact opposite. I play through the game again on alts because a new class is fun but have no intention of doing serious end game content with them.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Patch 8.3: Visions of N'dlessgrinding
    8.3 is the least grindy stuff they released since WoD.

You literally just have to play the game as normal to get your stuff done.

The only thing that can be considered grindy is if you need at least lvl 75 on your neck on several alts come next reset.
    Last edited by babyback; 2020-01-17 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I took one alt through the intro quests, and even with the scenario skips it really took a long time. Blizzard needs to do better, 8.3 is going to last until October or later, it needs to be alt-friendly.
    Kinda ironic that you think it takes too much time and at the same time mention it's a long long time until next expansion comes out isn't it? If you have 10 alts that is 20 hours tops to do the questline, which is nothing when we bring the drought into the mix.

If you think about it, if the patch is gonna last 10 months, using 1-2 hours on an alt for the questline is a good thing. I am doing 1 alt every day now. The questline got good value and replayability because it provide decent gear, lots of AP, new essences and legendary cloak for every character you do it with. You don't really want to skip the rewards that comes from the required assaults in the questline. Think about the mini and major assault only can be done three times a week(2 mini, 1 major). Meaning, you got so much time to drag several characters through it.

Now, if scenarios wasn't skipable, I would agree with you. But you can't really skip the assaults, it comes with character power. It's like skipping a raid boss with guaranteed loot. Ion himself explained this a bit in the latest interview. And I totally agree with him. Skip story, totally. Skip playable power progressing content, no chance. If we go deep here, it would be close to giving you gear and ap in mail in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    FUCKING YES!!!! This so much.....it doesn't make sense for a new character to have all the achieves or mounts that your main character does....because they are DIFFERENT CHARACTERS.....

so glad you said this....*clapclapclapclapclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Exactly my train of thought. I think the complaints are coming from the players that want to skip all the leveling and story and jump right into dungeons and raiding. I'm the exact opposite. I play through the game again on alts because a new class is fun but have no intention of doing serious end game content with them.
    One of you literally answered the post though. There's a good chunk of players that just enjoy replaying certain content on different characters.

I liked doing the Mage Tower challenge as all specs. Does that mean I suddenly enjoyed leveling up to get my rogue to 110? No.
    I enjoy gearing up toons. Does that suddenly mean I enjoy doing a ton of quests to be allowed to finally do M+? No.

It's ridiculous of a claim to go "Well you're playing an alt, that MUST mean you want to redo EVERYTHING again!"

The real issue here is that this isn't even something that's skill based to unlock. And for the most part, it's the same with essences (Besides maybe like, Visions of Perfection and the raid ones).
    It's just another tedious pointless waste of time to prevent you from getting to what you want to do.

And in this case, capes don't even drop anymore so it's not like you can just skip getting a cape to just do M+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Kinda ironic that you think it takes too much time and at the same time mention it's a long long time until next expansion comes out isn't it? If you have 10 alts that is 20 hours tops to do the questline, which is nothing when we bring the drought into the mix.

If you think about it, if the patch is gonna last 10 months, using 1-2 hours on an alt for the questline is a good thing. I am doing 1 alt every day now. The questline got good value and replayability because it provide decent gear, lots of AP, new essences and legendary cloak for every character you do it with. You don't really want to skip the rewards that comes from the required assaults in the questline. Think about the mini and major assault only can be done three times a week(2 mini, 1 major). Meaning, you got so much time to drag several characters through it.

Now, if scenarios wasn't skipable, I would agree with you. But you can't really skip the assaults, it comes with character power. It's like skipping a raid boss with guaranteed loot. Ion himself explained this a bit in the latest interview. And I totally agree with him. Skip story, totally. Skip playable power progressing content, no chance. If we go deep here, it would be close to giving you gear and ap in mail in comparison.
    Most of the scenarios aren't skippable. There's a grand total of like, maybe 2 that are.

It is annoying but it also makes me appreciate my main character and main alt more because actually taking the time to do these things means more. Towards the end of last tier I was doing a weekly 10 on like 8-9 characters and sure it's fun when you open the weekly chest but ultimately you're in a hamster wheel with many alts where you don't really get that much out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    One of you literally answered the post though. There's a good chunk of players that just enjoy replaying certain content on different characters.

I liked doing the Mage Tower challenge as all specs. Does that mean I suddenly enjoyed leveling up to get my rogue to 110? No.
    I enjoy gearing up toons. Does that suddenly mean I enjoy doing a ton of quests to be allowed to finally do M+? No.

It's ridiculous of a claim to go "Well you're playing an alt, that MUST mean you want to redo EVERYTHING again!"

The real issue here is that this isn't even something that's skill based to unlock. And for the most part, it's the same with essences (Besides maybe like, Visions of Perfection and the raid ones).
    It's just another tedious pointless waste of time to prevent you from getting to what you want to do.

And in this case, capes don't even drop anymore so it's not like you can just skip getting a cape to just do M+

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the scenarios aren't skippable. There's a grand total of like, maybe 2 that are.
    The two that is 80% of the scenarios are skippable. Those two that takes 1 hour back and forth are skippable. Only other of notice is the cloak, but here we are with what I am talking about. The cloak scenario rewards the cloak. It's pretty clear where blizzard draw the line. The chamber one takes literally 3 minutes.

So yes, most of the scenarios are skippable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    The two that is 80% of the scenarios are skippable. Those two that takes 1 hour back and forth are skippable. Only other of notice is the cloak, but here we are with what I am talking about. The cloak scenario rewards the cloak. It's pretty clear where blizzard draw the line. The chamber one takes literally 3 minutes.

So yes, most of the scenarios are skippable.
    The Mogu'shen vaults one isn't that lengthy. Mind you, I did it last night and didn't even realize it was skippable because I guess you had to talk to someone other than Magni so it can be missed.

But it's definitely not "80%".

The Blackwing Descent scenario still exists, and heading to and from and back to Halls of Origination still exists.

Lastly, you flat out said "If the scenarios weren't skippable...".
    And...they're not. Not all of them at least. So it kinda invalidates the point of saying "if they weren't".

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    What have you been smoking? Doing uldum, vale, lesser vision wont take any longer then 45-60minuts. A game should be time demanding. Time -> reward. Essences litterly take less then 3 weeks to obtain in all epic variants. Sure it requires some time but if you dont have the time, stay playing 1 char. I dont want people geared to the teeth and what not with only spending 5 minuts a day. That ridiculous
    As you said, it might take an hour. A normally functional adult can not spend 5 hours a day just on alts in wow, for example, and 5 alts in a pretty average now a days I ´d say.