Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Ive been thinking about something. If witnesses are made available and the republicans get the names they want. Could they not then convict but not remove if there was corruption by Biden to save face as yes he did something wrong but then turn around and say no removal because he did it for the good of the country?
    No, I believe if they convict, it's automatic removal. They can acquit, and then censure Trump if they wanted to do something officially to say he did something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    No, I believe if they convict, it's automatic removal. They can acquit, and then censure Trump if they wanted to do something officially to say he did something bad.
    So then there is still an out for the senate to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    So then there is still an out for the senate to save face.
    There is no out because Trump says his call was perfect and he will not take anything short of complete "vindication". The easy out was the Clinton model admit you did something wrong and say well we have an election in a few months the American people should decide but Trump insist he did nothing wrong.

Ken motherucking Starr? Really? I guess he does have impeachment experience, but him and Dershowitz...the White House is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Not that it matters, most Republicans seem to have made up their minds anyways and don't even want to entertain this new evidence.

Or have Parnas testify.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There is no out because Trump says his call was perfect and he will not take anything short of complete "vindication". The easy out was the Clinton model admit you did something wrong and say well we have an election in a few months the American people should decide but Trump insist he did nothing wrong.
    True. Its going to be a fun year either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ken motherucking Starr? Really? I guess he does have impeachment experience, but him and Dershowitz...the White House is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Not that it matters, most Republicans seem to have made up their minds anyways and don't even want to entertain this new evidence.

Or have Parnas testify.
    Yep. Ken motherfucking Starr. Fucking shameless unmitigated lawless pieces of shit, all of them.

I'm glad Trump hired the guy who defended Epstein as well, though.

I'm sure Q-anonymous will see all kinds of connections and turn on him.

Or not, because they'll find a way to rationalize it by most likely arguing that Trump "flipped" him or some nonsense.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    We can part ways on this one. I get where you're coming from, sincerely, but Hunter Biden having to testify would be an absolute travesty of justice. One more quote from that article:

"We’re in the midst of a slow-motion unraveling of democracy in this country. If we don’t return the favor with some of this procedural war stuff, the only other option is to continue watching the other side do it. That’s not an acceptable option in my opinion."

We're a bit ahead of ourselves here anyway, but in the context of Rand Paul threatening Republicans who would dare vote to call witnesses, which in theory I'm all for (by all means, make them take hard votes that make them more vulnerable), it may be all that's needed to nix any willingness to call witnesses at all, as intended.
    We might part a bit, but not by much. I could not agree more with you that the Democrats needs to unleash hell on the GOP, fighting by the GOP rules and ignoring a lot of the "principles" that have dragged them down. The Democrats need to imagine the worst thing McConnell could do, be ready for it, then go 10x worse.

We HAVE to take the White House this year. Taking the Senate would also be nice. But Trump's ideology of con-man mob crime family must be stopped. To this day I cannot understand why people continue to back him - why any reasonable thinking person that is - voting for him in 2016 I can excuse, begrudgingly, but not now.

As our little friend Malarky (what an appropriate name) continues to point out, it takes a strength of willful ignorance along with a dash of idiocy and head-in-the-sand to back Trump at this point. And in doing so, there will be no reprieve is casting them out.

To the more specific point, however - if Hunter is subpoenaed he should go, but only after the other witnesses testify. And if that plays out the way I describe, he should answer just the way @D Luniz suggested: [Hunter Biden] should show up with a recording on tape that says "the Senate investigation showed neither my father or I did anything illegal. I'm here to honor the subpoena, not to be berated for ratings. " and just play it as a response till the GOP get the point.

In their thirst for ignorance and idiocy, the Trumpkins have forgotten that the Bidens were already investigated, but the U.S. Senate, under the helm of the GOP, in 2017 - and they were exonerated.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We might part a bit, but not by much. I could not agree more with you that the Democrats needs to unleash hell on the GOP, fighting by the GOP rules and ignoring a lot of the "principles" that have dragged them down. The Democrats need to imagine the worst thing McConnell could do, be ready for it, then go 10x worse.
    Hah! Yes, agreed.

I'm already preparing for the worse, and it's not just McRussia I'm worried about. Honestly, this recent tour of Parnas is bothering me to no end and smells rotten. He's saying and revealing everything on all the "liberal" sites... stuff I, of course love and expected to hear, but people like him usually are told to be silent by Lawyers, and people like him tend to end up suiciding by radioactive pills for doing what he's currently doing. But he's doing it - and doesn't seem scared one bit, and that scares me to no end... it makes me ask "What does he know that he's NOT telling us that's giving him this confidence?"

Likewise I'm already worried about Bolton testifying. He's been a die-hard Alt-Righter for a while now, and with his dream war with Iran almost bearing fruit I'm half-expecting him to turn face and lie about every one of his experiences.

https://lawandcrime.com/impeachment/...in-his-closet/

I think Ken Starr’s a lunatic. I really think that Ken Starr is a disaster. I hated the way the president handled it. He could have said, ‘Look, I don’t want to discuss it.’ I’ve seen politicians in New York that are scoundrels get away with that for years. ‘I don’t talk about my personal life.’ They’ve made a living off not talking about — he should have done that. Instead, he had to lie.

He had to lie. I’m glad it worked out the way it did. But it was a long and terrible process. I — I really think that Ken Starr was terrible. But I think the president handled it terribly. And it’s a shame, because he could have gone down as a very good and even great president. It’s a shame.
    Donald Trump, commenting on his just-hired impeachment defense lawyer, Ken Starr.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...hment-defense/

Even more people in Trump's orbit who don't claim they don't know who Lev Parnas is have pictures of themselves with a smiling Lev Parnas.

Today's guest: Former Florida AG who dropped an investigation into Trump University following a big donation from Trump, and current member of his impeachment defense team, Pam Bondi.

He sure gets around for a guy that nobody knows!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1ZG20W

I suspect that much of what’s been reported will ultimately prove wrong, but our obligation, my obligation as secretary of state, is to make sure that we evaluate, investigate. Any time there is someone who posits that there may have been a risk to one of our officers, we’ll obviously do that,” he said.
    THERE ARE FUCKING TEXT MESSAGES WITH HER PRECISE WHEREABOUTS AND SECURITY DETAIL, INCLUDING THE STATUS OF HER ELECTRONIC DEVICES.

Mike Pompeo is human garbage. This is not how he should be framing any response, which should have been immediate, strong, an unequivocal in how it views the severity of these allegations.

I'm legitimately surprised there hasn't been an internal revolt against him at Foggy Bottom, yet.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'm already preparing for the worse, and it's not just McRussia I'm worried about. Honestly, this recent tour of Parnas is bothering me to no end and smells rotten. He's saying and revealing everything on all the "liberal" sites... stuff I, of course love and expected to hear, but people like him usually are told to be silent by Lawyers, and people like him tend to end up suiciding by radioactive pills for doing what he's currently doing. But he's doing it - and doesn't seem scared one bit, and that scares me to no end... it makes me ask "What does he know that he's NOT telling us that's giving him this confidence?"

Likewise I'm already worried about Bolton testifying. He's been a die-hard Alt-Righter for a while now, and with his dream war with Iran almost bearing fruit I'm half-expecting him to turn face and lie about every one of his experiences.
    It is a little disconcerting that Parnas is running around giving up a lot of good information that is good for the United States' and shows Trump to be more of what we already knew him to be - almost like a little too good to be true, or does he have some yuge bombshell that is his insurance. Bolton wanting to testify as well bothers me because his audience (and paycheck) are those people he is purportedly wanting to tarnish with his testimony.

Is this high-end chess by McConnell? I don't think so, but I'm worried, too.

It is a little disconcerting that Parnas is running around giving up a lot of good information that is good for the United States' and shows Trump to be more of what we already knew him to be - almost like a little too good to be true, or does he have some yuge bombshell that is his insurance. Bolton wanting to testify as well bothers me because his audience (and paycheck) are those people he is purportedly wanting to tarnish with his testimony.

That right there! That's the best truncation for my worries as well. It's all too good and convenient... >_<

Also, we don't have Dump twitting to the high heavens about Parnas' character on Twitter like he has done with every single individual person who has publicly spoken out against him that got news.

to me it smacks of not wanting to be left holding the bag. so many people on so many levels of government are being implicated.

Parnas said Biden did nothing wrong. 0 chance he testifies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Parnas said Biden did nothing wrong. 0 chance he testifies.
    That's okay, we can just go and have him testify under oath in the House.

- - - Updated - - -

Or have Parnas testify.
    Just to clarify for those new to the impeachment proceedings: Ken Starr was the one fired from Baylor U for covering up rapes, while Dershowitz is Epstein's unapologetic friend and frequent flyer to Rape Island.

Can get a bit confusing, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That's okay, we can just go and have him testify under oath in the House.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify for those new to the impeachment proceedings: Ken Starr was the one fired from Baylor U for covering up rapes, while Dershowitz is Epstein's unapologetic friend and frequent flyer to Rape Island.

Can get a bit confusing, I know.
    Here's some info about Ken Starr to add to what you've said. Also Starr represented Epstein in court in the past just like Dershowitz did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_St...lor_University

Starr was the Duane and Kelly Roberts Dean and Professor of Law at Pepperdine University, when on February 15, 2010, Baylor University announced that it would introduce Starr as its newest president.[7] Starr became Baylor's 14th president, replacing John Lilley who was ousted in mid‑2008.[53] Starr was introduced as the new president on June 1, 2010.[54]

His inauguration was held on September 17, 2010, where Stephen L. Carter was the keynote speaker.[55] Within his first two weeks in office, Starr was "leading the charge" to keep the university in the Big 12 Conference for athletics.[56] Starr was additionally named chancellor of Baylor in November 2013, a post that had been vacant since 2005. He became the first person to hold the positions of president and chancellor at Baylor at the same time.[57]

In September 2015, Baylor's Board of Regents initiated an external review of the university's response to reports of sexual violence to be conducted by the Pepper Hamilton law firm. Baylor had been accused of failing to respond to reports of rape and sexual assault filed by at least six female students from 2009 to 2016. Former football player Tevin Elliot was convicted of rape. Elliot is currently serving a 20-year sentence after his conviction in January 2014.[58] Another student, Sam Ukwuachu, was convicted but has since had that conviction overturned and was retried, only to see it reinstated by the Texas Court of Appeals in 2018.[59] Pepper Hamilton reported their findings to the Regents on May 13,[60] and on May 26, the Regents announced Starr's removal as university president, effective May 31.[61]

The May 26, 2016, announcement of personnel changes by the Board of Regents said Starr was to have continued as Chancellor and also as a faculty member at Baylor Law School. Starr, however, announced his resignation as Chancellor on June 1, effective immediately. He told an interviewer that he took that action "as a matter of conscience." He said he "willingly accepted responsibility" and "The captain goes down with the ship."[1] He resigned his position as the Louise L. Morrison Chair of Constitutional Law in Baylor Law School on August 19, 2016.[62]

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Here's some info about Ken Starr to add to what you've said. Also Starr represented Epstein in court in the past just like Dershowitz did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_St...lor_University
    Man, I wonder how all the Q-anon folks are reacting to Trump packing his team with pedophile enablers. IS THE DEEP STATE FINALLY GETTING TO HIM?!

Man, I wonder how all the Q-anon folks are reacting to Trump packing his team with pedophile enablers. IS THE DEEP STATE FINALLY GETTING TO HIM?!
    why wouldnt the impeached president with a history of walking into teen girl's changing rooms get such lawyers?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    That right there! That's the best truncation for my worries as well. It's all too good and convenient... >_<

Also, we don't have Dump twitting to the high heavens about Parnas' character on Twitter like he has done with every single individual person who has publicly spoken out against him that got news.
    And that's another good point - Trump isn't going to town on this guy at all, yet. But we've also seen a tweet-rage hiatus before when damning evidence is released by an individual. If he stays true to form, and this isn't an elaborate set up, then we should see tweet-rage-in-Chief start up tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.

On the flip side, it was the Democrats who released the initial new evidence. Parnas is just icing on the cake with his interviews. This could be Pelosi engineering a fuck-ton more pressure on the Senate to allow witnesses and not get away with a quick trial. She is that good.