10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Apparently the re-download is all in the service of these overall updates, which I'm totally fine with. Fresh download is frustrating, but it's a small price to pay for improved performance and, eventually, patching.
    I'm willing to bet the patching itself won't be improved. As far as I know, they keep saying the patches will just be smaller. I wish their patching system would be overhauled completely. It's got to be one of the worst out there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I'm willing to bet the patching itself won't be improved. As far as I know, they keep saying the patches will just be smaller. I wish their patching system would be overhauled completely. It's got to be one of the worst out there today.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/56681

Apparently it's supposed to come with this big first patch. I hope it does, because their patching system has been hot-garbage since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/56681

Apparently it's supposed to come with this big first patch. I hope it does, because their patching system has been hot-garbage since launch.
    I hope so too. I absolutely hate how the game patches. I'd love to see them be able to do the whole "play while you install" thing that other games like WOW and SWTOR do. None of this Download a 12MB file and spend 10 minutes to patch that into a 23GB file. Ugh. Fingers crossed that these performance tweaks work. So far, I haven't experienced anything improved from their first attempts.

Pretty underwhelming announcement for my taste, but then again I never played any of the single-player ES games and I have no interest at the moment to do so. However, from the POV of ESO as an MMO, there was nothing that I saw in terms of acknowledging that massive class changes every 3 months are a ball-ache for the players and they will stop it. On top of that, there will be more main story going into the DLC dungeons that are already too hard for casuals like myself, without an indication of either massively reducing their normal level difficulty or offering a solo mode for experiencing-the-story purposes. And to top it off, they are bringing two of the worst implement concepts ever from WoW, archaeology and legiondaries, even though I do accept that we haven't seen anything about their implementation.

The only thing that got my interest is the gothic style of the new zone and the "massive" underground portion of it. And that's it. Hopefully they'll have more positive details coming out before the release.

mythic items from antiquities sound a bit like VMA/master/asylum weapons for the more casual solo player TBH. so I'm ok with those. I'm also a weirdo who generally enjoys archaeology in wow, and it sounds like antiquities is going to have a bit more of a minigame variety to it, so I guess we shall see.

dungeons being tied to story again is pretty much what I have expected, so for the moment, I'm reserving judgement on how difficult they are until we see them on pts. but... I 100% understand and share the complaint :/ unfortunately.

kinda intrigued by vamp rework and most Lyris, Rigurt and Gabrielle makes me happy.

that physical CE though,,, holy mother of overpriced....

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

that physical CE though,,, holy mother of overpriced....
    Expected something else from them? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Can someone explain the pricing of the game to me? If I want access to all content (like simply buying an expansion and paying the sub for wow would give me) - what do I need to pay for? It seems there's so many paywalls for ESO
    If you go to the store now, there are 3 things to buy: 1) ESO standard which gives you the base game plus all the expansions minus the current one (Elsweyr), 2) the current expansion, Elsweyr and 3) the next expansion Greymoor. So in a way it's like WoW.

The difference is the DLC (think of them like major patches in WoW). You either buy them separately one-by-one and keep access to them forever OR pay sub (ESO plus) and have access to ALL of them while being an active subscriber. ESO is B2P so you can buy just the base game/expansions and play for free.

I hope this makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Can someone explain the pricing of the game to me? If I want access to all content (like simply buying an expansion and paying the sub for wow would give me) - what do I need to pay for? It seems there's so many paywalls for ESO
    what Fkiolaris said.

to make it even simpler - you buy https://account.elderscrollsonline.c...eymoor_edition and subscribe - and you get acess to all the current content, PLUS upcoming expansion when it comes out.

there is no point in not pre-ordering right now, cause just buying Elsweyr which is current content (think BFA) with all the prior expansions - costs exactly the same as preordering (I know it sounds kinda strange, its just incentive they give to people to might as well preorder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Expected something else from them? :P
    I mean... true. I just guess not to this degree. they didn't even add art book oh well, GmG gave me 18% off on digital preorder, so.. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, there is currently ESO plus free trial going on

what Fkiolaris said.

to make it even simpler - you buy https://account.elderscrollsonline.c...eymoor_edition and subscribe - and you get acess to all the current content, PLUS upcoming expansion when it comes out.

there is no point in not pre-ordering right now, cause just buying Elsweyr which is current content (think BFA) with all the prior expansions - costs exactly the same as preordering (I know it sounds kinda strange, its just incentive they give to people to might as well preorder.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean... true. I just guess not to this degree. they didn't even add art book oh well, GmG gave me 18% off on digital preorder, so.. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, there is currently ESO plus free trial going on
    Eh, everytime i see this thread i want to give ESO another go but just cant :P

Something in me doesnt vibe with them as a company so i dont even want to give game a pass. And i hate their monetization of it :P

10+ Year Old Account

Something in me doesnt vibe with them as a company so i dont even want to give game a pass. And i hate their monetization of it :P
    Its worth looking into at least.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There goes any chance of seeing Winterhold before the great collapse. Players have been asking for a wizard/Winterhold oriented chapter for ages, and instead they go with Solitude which is the most boring out of all the main Skyrim holds. Oh well...

honestly, its more or less same as WoW, just with more options that muddy the waters a bit. but at the core its buy a game, subscribe and you are basically covered. don't even need to buy expansions if you don't mind waiting a year to play them, since there are no level increases, so you can do end game just fine, just not the latest trial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    There goes any chance of seeing Winterhold before the great collapse. Players have been asking for a wizard/Winterhold oriented chapter for ages, and instead they go with Solitude which is the most boring out of all the main Skyrim holds. Oh well...
    as I said to my GM - i'm hoping they are saving Winterhold for the story DLC within that 1 year of content cadence. so here's to hoping?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its worth looking into at least.
    I played it, most recent with necro class etc. But just something is off. I dislike their combat system and limitations but i know i can work around it. Just something is off, can pinpoint it.

Like the world and the lore, actually was kinda junkie for ESO in morrowind times.

- - - Updated - - -

honestly, its more or less same as WoW, just with more options that muddy the waters a bit. but at the core its buy a game, subscribe and you are basically covered. don't even need to buy expansions if you don't mind waiting a year to play them, since there are no level increases, so you can do end game just fine, just not the latest trial.

- - - Updated - - -

as I said to my GM - i'm hoping they are saving Winterhold for the story DLC within that 1 year of content cadence. so here's to hoping?
    Yeah but i have hard time giving them money :P Always compare it to wow and if it would not be better to sub for wow instead.

I played it, most recent with necro class etc. But just something is off. I dislike their combat system and limitations but i know i can work around it. Just something is off, can pinpoint it.

Like the world and the lore, actually was kinda junkie for ESO in morrowind times.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but i have hard time giving them money :P Always compare it to wow and if it would not be better to sub for wow instead.
    honestly, as far as lore and combat, its basically preference. I'm the other way, I enjoy WoW well enough but not enough to pay out of my actual pocket. which is why I've been playing a lot less lately - just about ran through my gold stash/tokens and the thought of paying cash for it is.. eh... not as a monthly thing and not as preorder.

ESO combat IMO has a lot of issues, but whenever I hop into WoW for a month, I keep wanting to move around more, dodge, roll, sprint out of things, block, etc and just.. can't. like... even the fact that i can only interrupt every 8 or so seconds is so vexing :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We'll get another zone that ties into the story. What's the most likely Skyrim zone for that to be?
    Probably Morthal/Hjaalmarch since the story is centered around vampires and Movarth Piquine is there. Maybe he was already around in the ESO timeline, he's supposed to be ancient. Morthal is also just south of Solitude, makes perfect sense imo.

They can work Winterhold into anything magic related but i'd prefer if it was a full chapter and not a small DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hmm most speculation expects Morthal to be part of the Chapter tbh.
    It's possible, but given the screenshots it will probably cover the Haafingar hold.

and this looks like Blackreach

Who knows, maybe this chapter will be a lot bigger than the previous ones.

Why do you have a hard time giving them money?

If you wanted to be subbing to and playing WoW you would be there and not here looking for another potential game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Why do you have a hard time giving them money?

If you wanted to be subbing to and playing WoW you would be there and not here looking for another potential game to play.
    Because i dont like rampart greed. Also i like to be well informed of my options. And if the game is worth less subbed that wow it is simply not worth for me, because wow for me is highest value per $ spent (no invasive item shop, not much going into it to be honest, like 0.00001% of overall content, compared to eso where everyone single mount other than basic horse can only be obtained via item shop).

Would also lurk to see if they changed some mechanics that i really dislike. :P

Because i dont like rampart greed. Also i like to be well informed of my options. And if the game is worth less subbed that wow it is simply not worth for me, because wow for me is highest value per $ spent (no invasive item shop, not much going into it to be honest, like 0.00001% of overall content, compared to eso where everyone single mount other than basic horse can only be obtained via item shop).

Would also lurk to see if they changed some mechanics that i really dislike. :P
    What about ESO makes you think it's rampant greed? Because it sells a lot of things in the store? What about the model seems unfair or super greedy to you?

As a sub in ESO you get access to everything except the most recent expansion, which is the same as WoW.

WoW charges for cosmetic mounts and items as well.

With your ESO sub you get store currency which can be used for the mounts, or anything else in the store.

The only thing in the store that's not cosmetic (besides the content you get along with a subscription) is the Warden class, which came as part of the Morrowind expansion, but since the Morrowind expansion is free as part of a sub it now has to be purchased, but as stated before you can use the coins you get from subscribing to get it for "free" if you want. The Necromancer class comes with the purchase of the Elsweyr expansion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    What about ESO makes you think it's rampant greed? Because it sells a lot of things in the store? What about the model seems unfair or super greedy to you?

As a sub in ESO you get access to everything except the most recent expansion, which is the same as WoW.

WoW charges for cosmetic mounts and items as well.

With your ESO sub you get store currency which can be used for the mounts, or anything else in the store.

The only thing in the store that's not cosmetic (besides the content you get along with a subscription) is the Warden class, which came as part of the Morrowind expansion, but since the Morrowind expansion is free as part of a sub it now has to be purchased, but as stated before you can use the coins you get from subscribing to get it for "free" if you want. The Necromancer class comes with the purchase of the Elsweyr expansion right now.
    Loot boxes, freemium buisness model, being b2p game with f2p asian item shop, being b2p with paid expansion, with sub, with item shop AND with dlc.

Sure, subbing give you most of that and currency to spend on asian item shop (except raw power boost).

Wow charge me for TWO items (toys, from 500 obtainable in game) couple of mounts (from 500 obtainable in game) and couple companions (from literally thousand in game to obtain...) - do you not see the difference? Im willing to give wow money because they have much more consumer friendly monetization. They dont employ trick "wanna be cool? pay up" like eso with costumes, mounts and lion share of overall cosmetics.

And as i said before in this very thread over and over, paying for sub in ESO aleviate most of those because you get all dlc, great perks like crafting bag etc, money to spend on item store. Both games give me nearly everything for the price of sub, just wow is way more consumer friendly and therefore much, much more worth for me to sub for them. I can also pay with gold for sub which is awesome if that somebody cup of tea - i payed for that when money were rough commodity.

ESO bombard you with constant inconvenience unless you pay for sub (for instance that fucking pop up window of the store...) which is another thing that frustrate me about it.