Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Most of my b.net friends play it now, and as one of the original players, you'd think I'd be drawn to it for ol'nostalgia's sake or because one of the many problems I'm dissatisfied with in live.

Yet, I can't bear playing it, tried a number of times. It is worse in nearly every way to live. The only thing it has over live is community. Somehow despite the brilliance that was sharding and xrealm (something I use to seriously suggest back in the day ), live has lost togetherness. It's hard to explain.

However, in every departement it is vastly superior to classic. Classes, races, system, art, functionality, the works.. all so much better. Live is far more engaging - the only regret i think is that you can't actually experience the entire expansion systems as you level through them. It would have been nice if Shadowlands gave you the systems that were in place during the expansion you lveelled. But that doesn't make practical sense as it'd be too confusing for players.
    So, TLDR: you don't like a game that other people like. That's truly an earth-shattering event.

Is it a blog?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Just overall disagree here. Retail community is garbage.

There is a big difference between "good" and "better than retail."

Moreover, a more complex rotation doesn't automatically equal a good rotation.

I never said the retail community is not garbage. I said it's better than it was before. So if it was turbo garbage before, it's simple garbage now, still better. Let's not act like Classic community is tolerable by anyone with a brain either. It's still the internet, still the same kind of players.

I never said the rotations in retail are more complex. The examples I mentioned show an absence of rotation. Spamming frostbolt and only frostbolt is disgusting and by definition not a rotation since it's the same skill non stop.

No need to put words in my mouth or try to read between the lines, there's no hidden message there, I said what I meant to say, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post

It was pointless, out of place and inaccurate the first time, even more so the second time.
    You're correct, all of your posts are this.

You're finally understanding.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    You're correct, all of your posts are this.

You're finally understanding.
    "no u"

I feel attacked, the authorities have been alerted.

Just overall disagree here. Retail community is garbage.
    Disagree completely, classic wow community is ridiculously toxic. Probably the main reason I don't play classic anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Gave it a go meself but stopped after a month -- was pretty much just a tourist though. Don't see the appeal of stagnating in old content forever.
    Same.i tried it and it was fun to visit. Maybe when it gets to wotlk, I'll give it another try but not before.

There are a million games out there that I don't like. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    There are a million games out there that I don't like. Who cares?
    this exactly.

I never said the rotations in retail are more complex. The examples I mentioned show an absence of rotation. Spamming frostbolt and only frostbolt is disgusting and by definition not a rotation since it's the same skill non stop.
    I agree. Luckily, there are more classes to play than just mage on Classic. I can tell you rogue rotation, while simple, is much more engaging than this "spam frostbolt" rotation that everybody on forums loves to act like is the only rotation in classic. I vastly prefer it to whack-a-mole whatever is lighting up that almost all retail rotations are these days.

3+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Luckily, there are more classes to play than just mage on Classic. I can tell you rogue rotation, while simple, is much more engaging than this "spam frostbolt" rotation that everybody on forums loves to act like is the only rotation in classic. I vastly prefer it to whack-a-mole whatever is lighting up that almost all retail rotations are these days.
    I don't know where this idea that all there is to retail rotations is "click the shiny button" comes from, but it doesn't come from people playing retail. And luckily for you, just like mage in classic, it's not the only thing there is. The shiny button is also not always the thing you're supposed to do when it pops. It's case by case, depends on the situation, at least it provides something more going on instead of simply having less to do in a system that is already extremely simplistic.

I don't really wanna bash on that subject forever but there's just no valid argument supporting the quality of rotations in classic. Classic players need to admit it's shit just like retail players need to admit LFR is shit. Both games have their strength and weaknesses, class rotations are one of the biggest flaws of classic.

I don't really wanna bash on that subject forever but there's just no valid argument supporting the quality of rotations in classic. Classic players need to admit it's shit just like retail players need to admit LFR is shit. Both games have their strength and weaknesses, class rotations are one of the biggest flaws of classic.
    No valid argument for a subjective opinion, huh?

3+ Year Old Account
    Pleonasm, opinions are always subjective.

I'm not talking about opinions, I'm talking about the fact that rotations are worst in classic. You're free to subjectively enjoy worst rotations, it doesn't make them not objectively worst if you enjoy them, it only means you have very low standard and if they are "not worst to you" it doesn't mean they are not worst in reality.

Apples are better than celeries, they give more nutrients, maybe you like the taste of celery more, it's still not as good as an apple in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not wrong, tbh. The rotations are one of the things I dislike about Classic as they are so damn easy and it's harder to separate the bad players from the good. There is still skill involved, just not as much as later iterations of the game. For me, that's one thing that Classic is missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I can't believe how much I've saved by switching to Geico!

Play a different game.

I'm not talking about opinions, I'm talking about the fact that rotations are worst in classic.
    I don't think you know what objective or fact means, pal.

Rotations are not worse in classic in my opinion.

it doesn't make them not objectively worst if you enjoy them
    That's exactly what it means because there is nothing objective about how good a rotation is.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    For me
    Indeed.
    Last edited by Mozu; 2020-01-17 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what it means because there is nothing objective about how good a rotation is.
    Well, I would argue that a rotation should have numerous buttons (with cd usage synced in) and require a decent amount of skill to perform optimally, and therefore make it a challenge to play at the top level and separate the best players from the poor ones. Would you not agree? I don't think Classic does that.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Most of my b.net friends play it now, and as one of the original players, you'd think I'd be drawn to it for ol'nostalgia's sake or because one of the many problems I'm dissatisfied with in live.

Yet, I can't bear playing it, tried a number of times. It is worse in nearly every way to live. The only thing it has over live is community. Somehow despite the brilliance that was sharding and xrealm (something I use to seriously suggest back in the day ), live has lost togetherness. It's hard to explain.

However, in every departement it is vastly superior to classic. Classes, races, system, art, functionality, the works.. all so much better. Live is far more engaging - the only regret i think is that you can't actually experience the entire expansion systems as you level through them. It would have been nice if Shadowlands gave you the systems that were in place during the expansion you lveelled. But that doesn't make practical sense as it'd be too confusing for players.
    The problem is that most of the things that make retail so great are in turn also a big part of what killed the feeling of 'togetherness'. It depends on what you value more, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Well, I would argue that a rotation should have numerous buttons (with cd usage synced in) and require a decent amount of skill to perform optimally, and therefore make it a challenge to play at the top level and separate the best players from the poor ones. Would you not agree? I don't think Classic does that.
    Right, all of those things are your opinion on what makes a rotation good. I do not agree with those things, as it turns out, and that's why "objectively good rotation" is not something that can exist.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Well, some people think Battlefield Earth is a great film. They are a clear minority, and if that is what they enjoy, so be it. Now, if they want to argue with other people that it is a far better film that most other films...well, that is just delusional.

And so it is with WoW. Retail is not better than, much less superior to, Classic. If you are looking for a solution, you need to first stop fooling yourself. Retail is not a superior game...it is a lesser game that you happen to enjoy. Next, you just need to start hanging out with others who like the lesser game. They are out there and they are probably not who you used to hang out with. And that's fine...form your "Battlefield Earth is the best movie" fan club and enjoy.
    Here is the funny part of all this - you are literally the guy who likes Battlefield Earth and you just cannot understand why everyone thinks you are crazy, as you flap on and on about what a great film it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, all of those things are your opinion on what makes a rotation good. I do not agree with those things, as it turns out, and that's why "objectively good rotation" is not something that can exist.
    In your opinion, can a rotation be objectively bad?