Poll: alright who's looks better as Wonder woman?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A silly debate. They are both good Wonder Womans for the periods the shows/movies are in. The right person for the right time.

That said, I'd love to see what Gina Carano can do in the role but I think it would be hard for her to pull off a "Mediterranean" accent that Gadot naturally has.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I could never get behind the diaper bottoms look.
    Sadly, you have to blame 70s television and the censors of the day. That was the best that could be done and still deemed "moral".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Sadly, you have to blame 70s television and the censors of the day. That was the best that could be done and still deemed "moral".
    Speaking of, Burt Ward kept having his pants censored because of how visible his dick was in the Robin tights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lynda Carter, cuz her character amazon is based on greek (european) mythology.
    Gadot is middle eastern..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Linda Carter has bigger breasts. I think was the main complaint of Gal Gadot not looking like Wonder Woman.
    Its a valid criticism, name is wonder woman, not wonder boy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Greek women are far more likely to look like Gadot than Lynda Carter.
    Yep, and as much as I think Lynda Carter was a good match to the comic as it was drawn, it's sort of a case of whitewashing.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Greek women are far more likely to look like Gadot than Lynda Carter.
    Post classical greece got invaded by asia a lot, arabs, ottomans etc

But the character amazon is from before that, so carter does fit better.

I think u mean gadot looks more like modern greek women. But amazons isn't based on modernity last i looked.

5+ Year Old Account
    And why do you think classical Greek women would look very white with rounded features? You do know where Greece is located geographically right? And really, beyond skin color, just look at that nose. Then go look at ancient Greek sculpture.
    Yes, it's in europe, where do u think? South America?

Lol statues...fyi they weren't realistic, unless u think greek men look like statue of david...
    Realism in art is something modern...

For example pharaohs didn't look like their statues, but rather how they wish people would think them as.. They were idealized versions, nothing to do with reality.
    There were exceptions, like pharaoh Akhenaten, but they were few..
    Compare to what came before n after Akhenaten, realism was no priority.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-01-17 at 10:37 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Eh I live in Greece. Yes it's in Europe. Southeastern Europe (and Eolian and Ionian Greeks were in Asia Minor so not in Europe). Just the amount of sunlight we naturally get makes it unlikely anyone would look that white. Also the statue of David is not Greek (It's Michelangelo and dated in the early 1500s). Most classic Greek sculpture depicts gods, leaders and athletes so they are reasonably idealized. Heck Wonder Woman is Athena who was always depicted with a very prominent nose (and was not even supposed to be beautiful).
    Heck the Anglosphere considered Greece and the rest of the Balkans the Near East.
    Let me explain better.

Italy.

Gadot would look closer to a Sicilian than a Northerner Italian.
    Lynda Carter would look closer to a Northerner Italian than a Sicilian.
    People look darker in Sicily cuz they were occupied by arabs, north africans, ottomans etc, it's not just about the sun, but the people, that's why descendants of 1st british australians don't look like aboriginals, sun doesn't change people that easily...

Ur greece is on border between europe n asia, why u think after 2000 years of people passing through that modern greeks would look like those from antiquity, is a bit weird...

Wonder Woman is supposed to look like classical greece, not modern greeks.

I like them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    70s style just looks campy...
    Wonder Woman was intentionally campy.

Which makes the comparison silly really - it's like saying who is the better Batman, Christian Bale or Adam West? They're totally different interpretations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Ottoman isn't a race. The ethnicity of ancient Greece is pretty complicated, Ionian Greece was heavily intermixed with Anatolia for example, it's safe to say they had a range of skin tones. The "races" of the ancient world don't really resemble those of today, insofar as they exist at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a valid criticism, name is wonder woman, not wonder boy...
    Not all women grow up to have big breasts...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I could never get behind the diaper bottoms look.
    I believe the TV show was mostly going for a classic Wonder Woman costume, particularly the one from the 1940s, she had baggy shorts until the 1970s.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2016/10/21/...t-anniversary/

Apparently they were considered scandalous in the 40s lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Linda Carter is like your friend's sexy mum who likes to show a bit of leg when her kid has their male friends round - a little campy and a little teasey, and very hot. Gadot is like a cosplaying Instagram model - technically physically very attractive but kind of bland and vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Why has nobody brought up the obvious Cathy Lee Crosby? She was the ORIGINAL Wonder Woman from 1974!!! That was a whole year before Lynda Carter portrayed her on the small screen.

I often wondered if this costume was meant to be a compromise between classic Wonder Woman and the early 70s "Diana Prince, superspy" era.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I mean it would be like asking how come nobody ever critique's Fantastic Four 1994
    Would be a fair entry if the question is "which film had the best Dr Doom" lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I always wanted someone like Gina Carano to play her, but I don't know if she could act the role right.

- - - Updated - - -

But the character amazon is from before that, so carter does fit better.

I think u mean gadot looks more like modern greek women. But amazons isn't based on modernity last i looked.
    I mean, it's a comic book barely based on any sort of mythology. But if you want to be really stupid about history, amazons would be Scythian. So basically like, Kardashian brown.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I mean, it's a comic book barely based on any sort of mythology. But if you want to be really stupid about history, amazons would be Scythian. So basically like, Kardashian brown.
    Scythia was north-east of greece/thrace, north of caucasus, basically eastern europe. Then Lynda Carter would fit even more.

Kardashians are Armenian, which is south of caucasus, in Asia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not all women grow up to have big breasts...
    But her name is wonder woman, not average woman.

I don't see anyone complaining about the superman's various actors don't look like the average dude..or like a fat gamer...guys just aren't that touchy about better looking men, don't have ego crushed, don't complain superman should be less buff etc.

But women are emo when it comes to women with glorious boobs, so hollywood cater to their fragile egos, while casting shredded dudes without fear of backlash.

Its 2020, when are women start getting over other women having fancy bewbs??
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-01-17 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Gal Gadot's look but I don't have any negative feeling's on Lynda Carter. Though it's funny the amount of bullshit people would come up to justify their preference for Carter.

As little as I can stand her "acting" and the movie itself, I'd have to go with Gal Gadot.

Scythia was north-east of greece/thrace, north of caucasus, basically eastern europe. Then Lynda Carter would fit even more.

Kardashians are Armenian, which is south of caucasus, in Asia.

- - - Updated - - -

But her name is wonder woman, not average woman.

I don't see anyone complaining about the superman's various actors don't look like the average dude..or like a fat gamer...guys just aren't that touchy about better looking men, don't have ego crushed, don't complain superman should be less buff etc.

But women are emo when it comes to women with glorious boobs, so hollywood cater to their fragile egos, while casting shredded dudes without fear of backlash.

Its 2020, when are women start getting over other women having fancy bewbs??
    Pff, Scythians at the time originated from basically north of Iran. Learn some history, guy that wants people white as the driven snow in every role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lynda Carter is no doubt the most iconic and she IS Wonder Woman to most. but for me Gal Gabot is probably the closest and best Wonder Woman in cinema. Which is funny because when she was originally cast I was very critical but she proved me wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Lynda Carter is no doubt the most iconic and she IS Wonder Woman to most. but for me Gal Gabot is probably the closest and best Wonder Woman in cinema. Which is funny because when she was originally cast I was very critical but she proved me wrong...
    I agree on both points.
    I was also critical of Gal...but she was the best thing in that "Dawn of Justice" movie.