Poll: Your desired Faction of assignment of Mogu/Lightforged Forsaken and Saberon?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There won't be more AR or BfA, let's start with that.

All other AR had asset's in game patches before being implemented, none of the options here do. And since it's pretty pretty likely most of the development is now on SL, I really doubt they are gonna take the time to introduce 2 more AR when there isn't even going to be a 8.3.5

As for the future, I do believe that LF Undead could be a possibility with all the lore introduced, and they could be pivotal on a light based expansion, but the lack of development as a group is worrying.

Interestingly, the introduction of the Rajani really opens the opportunity for them as they are mostly concept so far, most of their assets are reused, but conceptually they bring something entirely new, and after they fulfil their purpose, with much potential.

Saberon have a complete lack of set up. Sethrak will always be a good choice, it's a shame we didn't see them being introduced in Uldum to further flesh them out.

Saberon haven't played a role in this expansion at all. They also have no faction where you can grind reputation who represents them. Same goes for Lightforged Undead.

I think Mogu were planned at the start. But now that they won't do 8.3.5 their only chance is to come with the next pre event in my opinion. Maybe together with Ankoan / Jinyu.

Both of these factions have played a role in BfA and both have a rep faction. So i think Mogu for Horde and Ankoan / Jinyu for the Alliance. Aside from these two, i see no races left who could join the two factions in expansion.

But its also possible that Blizzard will just not bring them as Allied Races in my opinion. That would be a shame though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As i hate with all my soul the idea of LF Undead, i will skip it, when it comes to neutral races, well... i don't think they will happen, Blizzard pointed out that they didn't like the whole Pandaren thing and how it went, unless they gave that neutral race more physical differents from faction to faction.

Also, i would prefer for the Jinyu + Ankoan to join as an AR for the Alliance, they are both well presented and IMHO those 2 groups combined into one, could add a lot of interesting stuff (for them and for the Alliance), also i recommend the idea of putting both in one banner, mainly cause A) the Ankoan are mostly extint B) To have more costumization option for a race that may not have a real different between gender.

When it comes to LF, the only LF i want right now are LF Humans (Turalyon style), but not as their own AR but as a costumization otpion added to LF Draneai (If that those happen, i think the AR would have to be renamed to simply LF)

No. There will be no more allied races in the near future, there is no 8.3.5 and Shadowlands doesn't advertise any new allied races which basically means there won't be any until very late in Shadowlands, maybe in 9.2 or 9.3.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think they probably had another set of two planned originally, but I it ended up being cut and 8.3.5 cut altogether.

From the poll options, Saberon for Horde, Lightforged Undead for Alliance and Mogu for both makes a lot of sense.

I am willing to bet, since 8.3 is the final patch, that Vulpera and Mechagnomes are the final Allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I think they probably had another set of two planned originally, but I it ended up being cut and 8.3.5 cut altogether.
    Not likely.

These things are planned out long in advance and we can sniff them out way ahead if they're actually planned for.

Where do Saberon fit into the story at all since WoD?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Where do Saberon fit into the story at all since WoD?
    A bunch were teleported to Azeroth along with the Mag'har in their unlock questline, then took off on their own.

Why do players always think there has to be an end to something? Why can't allied races continue forever till the end of time?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Alliance is going to get a Forsaken like races, they should get the Botani not the Lightforged Undead (they are more interesting and original with their own perks and problems)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Why do players always think there has to be an end to something? Why can't allied races continue forever till the end of time?
    Doesn't your statement points out that its going to end? as its going to go TILL the end of times? :P

The most likely option is the next AR being races we meet in Shadowlands and becoming playable later in that expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind mogu but those other races I'm not sure about. I don't know anything about lightforged undead as I have never seen nor read anything on them yet if there even in the game. Saberon I think are cool but way too irrelevant right now so it wouldn't make much sense for them to just suddenly show up and become playable race.

What I'm hoping for are sethrak for Horde and I'd actually go with mogu for Alliance as I don't really see any other race making sense right now. I guess you could go vice versa with them too.

- - - Updated - - -

Because I don't want WoW to become a Super Smash Bros. type game where there's hundreds of characters to choose from as WoW is not that type of game and we shouldn't force it to be. Can you honestly say if WoW were to have 100 races on each side you play each one to max level? Probably not. And how many of those races would actually feel unique from each other? They'd all be cheap copy paste races just like these allied races are.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-01-17 at 07:16 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Alliance will get dead elves (Lilian Voss quest), Horde will get...something, don't know. Ogres, maybe? We don't need female option, instead make it 1 or 2 heads options. And make this decision tied to class choise. For warlock, mage or maybe shaman you have to be 2-headed ogre, and for warrior, hunter and whatever else - one headed. Blizz, comon, it is time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    because I don't want WoW to become a Super Smash Bros. type game where there's hundreds of characters to choose from as WoW is not that type of game and we shouldn't force it to be. Can you honestly say if WoW were to have 100 races on each side you play each one to max level? Probably not. And how many of those races would actually feel unique from each other? They'd all be cheap copy paste races just like these allied races are.
    I do agree with this, even though i love AR, i personally believe that AR should, at least, be those that can be absorbed into another culture of an already existing race (Like Maghar Orcs with Orcs, or HM Tauren with Tauren) to evade having a lot of races that don't get any development

Eventually, every MMO will have catpeople. It's only a matter of time. The furries will not be denied!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Because I don't want WoW to become a Super Smash Bros. type game where there's hundreds of characters to choose from as WoW is not that type of game and we shouldn't force it to be. Can you honestly say if WoW were to have 100 races on each side you play each one to max level? Probably not. And how many of those races would actually feel unique from each other? They'd all be cheap copy paste races just like these allied races are.
    Yes, as a collector I would. Hopefully by then Blizz has increased the account cap to match
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I hope not. Lightforged undead may not be as dumb as void elves but they are a close second.
    I agree, but they've done plenty of this kind of shit before.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I agree, but they've done plenty of this kind of shit before.
    Not to mention that people have loved a lot of it too.

Yes, as a collector I would. Hopefully by then Blizz has increased the account cap to match
    I'm of this opinion, the more races and the more customisations the better.

When you think of the creatures they churn out each expansion, Having a system you could actually play as one of these is a great idea. If only they'd find a way to do the same with classes too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    Alliance will get dead elves (Lilian Voss quest), Horde will get...something, don't know. Ogres, maybe? We don't need female option, instead make it 1 or 2 heads options. And make this decision tied to class choise. For warlock, mage or maybe shaman you have to be 2-headed ogre, and for warrior, hunter and whatever else - one headed. Blizz, comon, it is time.
    Why should the alliance get dead elves? That should be the horde horde already have dark rangers and San'layn teaming up. I'd be disappointed if they made them alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Eventually, every MMO will have catpeople. It's only a matter of time. The furries will not be denied!
    Indeed, people should know this by now xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Here are my gut reactions.

Mogu making peace with Pandaren seems like a Neutral move. Mogu can't pick a side or Pandaren would oppose them - and players can't be forced to switch on a meta level. I do kind of look forward to Pandaren and Mogu interactions where Mogu keep trying to do evil things and Pandaren keep slapping their hands going, 'no, bad Mogu.' 'Come on, just a little evil?' 'No.' Mogu Neutral would be fun. (Though I think of Mogu had to pick a faction it would probably be Alliance.)

The first thing I think of when I think Saberon is cougar and desert and shamanism, which all feels very Horde. But if they were made to look like lions and had Paladins they could fit in with the Alliance.

Lightforged Undead would get along great with Blood Elves. Undead could seek out Lightforging as a way of faith, but also just to connect to Blood Elves more. Undead and Blood Elves having more in common is very great and wholesome and I love that yes please. Lightforged Undead seeking out the Alliance makes a lot of sense, but I don't think the Alliance would accept them. They'd view them as monsters.
    The Rajani seem to be a very separate bunch of Mogu that have always been with Ra-den , this is why the history of the Mogu you go over with Lorekeeper Cho seems to have no mention of them. This means they didn't join Lei Shen and the earlier days.. this gives me hope for them.

Undead and blood elves commonality will come through the San'layn and Dark Rangers, while the lightforged could work. Calia Menethil still seems too strongly tied to the alliance and Anduin. Saying that, she could easily work on the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    There won't be more AR or BfA, let's start with that.

All other AR had asset's in game patches before being implemented, none of the options here do. And since it's pretty pretty likely most of the development is now on SL, I really doubt they are gonna take the time to introduce 2 more AR when there isn't even going to be a 8.3.5

As for the future, I do believe that LF Undead could be a possibility with all the lore introduced, and they could be pivotal on a light based expansion, but the lack of development as a group is worrying.

Interestingly, the introduction of the Rajani really opens the opportunity for them as they are mostly concept so far, most of their assets are reused, but conceptually they bring something entirely new, and after they fulfil their purpose, with much potential.

Saberon have a complete lack of set up. Sethrak will always be a good choice, it's a shame we didn't see them being introduced in Uldum to further flesh them out.
    Assets not been there is not proof they will never be. At best it's indication that it isn't for 8.3, who's to say for 9.0 and beyond? Also, they could have learnt from their mistakes in the past more succesful at hiding future things. Mogu now have a female model, that's a huge indication, though still not proof.

You are both right the Rajani do open up the Mogu. I look forward to it.

Saberon lack of set-up can be fixed like the Worgen's was, we know that proper set up is entirely optional with blizzard after the LF draenei and Void elves.