Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I see radical leftists fully endorsing all these values, some of them in these very threads, so not sure who you're trying to fool here.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm failing to see the point here. There was a system in which all candidates agreed partecipating under the established rules, but after the results came out with them losing NOW they complain it's "unfair" ?
    Please, it's beyond pathetic.

The best part of all is how before the election results they were all "Trump will not accept this! He'll cry foul!" and then they got rek't and in their hipocrisy did exactly that.
    You need to change your name to Malarkey because you are full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You need to change your name to Malarkey because you are full of it.
    Aaah, the classic sign of a losing argument, the angry personal attack.

Thanks, Cal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm failing to see the point here. There was a system in which all candidates agreed partecipating under the established rules, but after the results came out with them losing NOW they complain it's "unfair" ?
    No.

We're just pointing out it's incredibly moronic to claim a popular mandate while at the same time insisting that an electoral system that gives disproportionate power to certain demographics are just "the rules of the game".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figure it is because the internet has made it easier to isolate yourself in the echo chamber you want to be in and therefore isolated from opposing viewpoints.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No.
    We're just pointing out it's incredibly moronic to claim a popular mandate while at the same time insisting that an electoral system that gives disproportionate power to certain demographics are just "the rules of the game".
    The system is crafted exactly so that there can be no "majority" rule by the most powerful zones at the expense of lesser powerful ones.
    Everyone gets a say in this system, not just those who sport the bigger raw numbers.
    It is the opposite of "giving disproportionate power to certain demographics": the system moves exactly to prevent that sort of thing.

Also love that "we", as if you're so insecure with your position that you need pluralis maiestatis to feign being part of a crowd.
    Classical leftism.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    The system is crafted exactly so that there can be no "majority" rule by the most powerful zones at the expense of lesser powerful ones.
    Everyone gets a say in this system, not just those who sport the bigger raw numbers.
    It is the opposite of "giving disproportionate power to certain demographics": the system moves exactly to prevent that sort of thing.
    'Kay.

Still entirely contradicts that whole "will of the people" drivel.

Also love that "we", as if you're so insecure with your position that you need pluralis maiestatis to feign being part of a crowd.
    Classical leftism.
    Bitch, please. You're near constantly peaking on behalf of people "outraged by PC culture", so miss me with that hypocritical shit.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    'Kay.
    Still entirely contradicts that whole "will of the people" drivel.
    Except it doesn't. Everyone got a vote with this system, and Trump won.
    Had this been a pure democracy, the more populated cities would've used their sheer numbers to prevail over the lesser populated ones. Tyranny by the majority.
    Thankfully the system stops that sort of thing, making stuff like your "3 million difference" not the sole deciding factor as it could've been.

Bitch, please. You're near constantly peaking on behalf of people "outraged by PC culture", so miss me with that hypocritical shit.
    I think you meant "spare me" there? Well at least you didn't say "miss us".

Some improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your opinion.
    And what makes you an authority in what the worst or best values of America are?
    Where did I claim some sense of "authority", where you should take my word without consideration?

I fully expect for my arguments to be evaluated on their merit. Stop derailing with nonsense.

I see radical leftists fully endorsing all these values, some of them in these very threads, so not sure who you're trying to fool here.
    Yeah, no, you haven't.

In particular because we've got maybe one or two actual "radical leftists" who post here.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean "and the Electoral College adjusted the relative value of votes, based on the State they came from, and manipulated the results in the process".

If it had been one equal vote for everyone, then you'd have had President Hillary Clinton for the last 3 years.
    Had this been a pure democracy, the more populated cities would've used their sheer numbers to prevail over the lesser populated ones. Tyranny by the majority.
    That's not what "tyranny of the majority" means.

What you're describing is literally just democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully the system stops that sort of thing, making stuff like your "3 million difference" not the sole deciding factor as it could've been.
    Not everyone's vote counted equally, however. Again, entirely contradicts the "will of the people" BS.

I think probably one of the more amusing outcomes of the incredibly byzantine and frankly kinda stupid electoral system in the US is the knots people on the right tie themselves into when they struggle to reconcile the legitimacy of American institutions with their fundamentally undemocratic nature.

Turns out that 'American democracy' is really only a good talking point for the purposes of bombing brown people and not actually a realistic philosophical position.

I think you meant "spare me" there? Well at least you didn't say "miss us".

Some improvement.
    I feel bad for you never having watched a Vine.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-01-17 at 09:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fake news, wrong, and the left is more than vastly guilty of the third.
    The difference between us is that you've been fed and swallowed lies, fake news and intentional misinformation such as these. Others didn't.
    The right wing news media has created boogeymen like homosexuals who will force you to be gay and hate you if you don't accept, boogeymen who will tell children they must be different genders than what they were born with or they are wrong, boogeymen that scream "NAZI" at everything you say no matter what, but I can guarantee you, you've been fed intentional misinformation and swallowed the lies and have come out with this completely false view of left wingers that don't even exist in reality.

But of course, because you've seen it on conservative media, those evil liberals who want to destroy and fight everyone must be real, because why would YOUR news media lie to you? It's unthinkable that you could have been lied to this whole time! It must be the LIBERALS who are being lied to!

The lack of self reflection on your part is staggeringly amusing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    In an interview with Coming of Age magazine by the Council on Aging in West Florida Bruce Boxleitner is dismayed at young people who believe the moon landing was faked. In the interview Bruce blames Jersey Shore for the dumbing down of society. He also said he despises the Kardashians and that they make him puke.
    Need to timewarp back to when all this "reality TV" started and nuke MTV Road Rules.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably one of the most adorable positions of Trumpkins in a cluttered category of willful ignorance. Really read that bolded part again. Tyranny by the majority. Malarky is troubled by candidates with the most votes winning elections, because he thinks land should vote rather than people.

Apparently Trumpkins prefer what they have now, Tyranny by the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    boogeymen that scream "NAZI" at everything you say no matter what
    They quite literally do that, it's the first line of defense, almost an automated response by now.
    There's an absurd amount of recorded evidence behind this sort of behaviour, disagree with them and you'll be branded all sorts of -ism's in an attempt to destroy your reputation and thus make your arguments free to ignore.

Besides I don't watch conservative media, they're an absolute snorefest to me.
    I don't need that to see the derangement of the current american left.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, no, you haven't.
    All the elements you mentioned are present in the current radical left, especially racism, anti-semitism and support for abusive corporations.
    You're just blind to it.
    Last edited by Malaky; 2020-01-17 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the elements you mentioned are present in the current radical left, especially racism, anti-semitism and support for abusive corporations.
    You're just blind to it.
    Nope. You're making it all up. Which is why you can't actually back up the ludicrous claims.

Nope. You're making it all up. Which is why you can't actually back up the ludicrous claims.
    *cough* Ilhan Omar *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The right wing news media has created boogeymen like (insert SJW group who will force (insert agenda) and hate you if you don't accept,
    This isn't the right wing news media, this is actual fact. Its not enough for everyone to be "equal under the law", but everyone has to be able to insert them in any social group they personally desire, and then demand that everyone in that social group adapts to suit their beliefs.

Strangers don't need to accept you. They don't need to agree with you. They don't need to get along with you. If you demand they accept your differences, it should go without saying that you accept that others are different as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    *cough* Ilhan Omar *cough*
    Ilhan Omar is 1> not radically left-wing, and 2> not anti-semitic, racist, nor supportive of any corporate abuses that I am aware of.

So thanks for citing a first example that completely fails to support anything you've claimed.

Ilhan Omar is 1> not radically left-wing, and 2> not anti-semitic, racist, nor supportive of any corporate abuses that I am aware of.
    Be aware then.
    Anti-semite of the year 2019.

As I said, blind.
    Last edited by Malaky; 2020-01-17 at 10:05 PM.

Be aware then.
    Oh, there was a vote then? Which reputable, non-biased outlet was it on? Breitbart? Or in your head perhaps?

Be aware then.

As I said, blind.
    This is where we find out that claim of antisemitism is because people were calling out Israel's government and not actually because people hated jewish people.