10+ Year Old Account
    So big surprise, banks did two things due to the tax cut for the rich:

1) Make record profits, and
    2) Spend them on stock buybacks.

"Well surely the banks used some of their money to help their clients?"

Maybe, but that's hard to show. Foreclosures are way down, so banks are already getting the money their loans are worth, because most people aren't Trump and pay their loans, obligatory dig. But what I can't find is whether any foreclosures are in the "ah fuck it, they can keep the TV" forgiveness category or anything.

Still, Trump just paid billions upon billions directly to big banks. I hope that's what y'all voted for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Just because it was Obama.
    So..remember when Trump said he'd help farmers? I would think "tens of millions of children eating fruit and vegetables" would help with that. So would SNAP, incidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/ron-re...-trump-in-2020

The son of the Patron Saint of the Republican Party Ronald Reagan, Ron Reagan, has some thoughts about Trump.

I'm taking bets on how long it is before he starts being called a RINO and we see insinuations that he's dishonoring his fathers legacy.
    Meh, Reagan's "legacy" is pretty much the same shit as Trump, so dishonor away as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Today was the day that Donald Trump finally became President.
    Ah, a fellow follower of Amram, I see!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Ah, a fellow follower of Amram, I see!
    Comedy gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reagan's "legacy" is pretty much the same shit as Trump
    Because it JUST came up, I feel obligated to point out how right you are.

"Ketchup is a vegetable" was something said a lot because of Ronald Reagan's unique views on school lunches. You cannot get a closer parallel. Did Reagan flat-out say that? Maybe. Did he say/sign enough that people, when they read it, said "Clearly Reagan wants ketchup to count as a vegetable for children's nutrition"? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

"Ketchup is a vegetable" was something said a lot because of Ronald Reagan's unique views on school lunches. You cannot get a closer parallel. Did Reagan flat-out say that? Maybe. Did he say/sign enough that people, when they read it, said "Clearly Reagan wants ketchup to count as a vegetable for children's nutrition"? Yes.
    I seriously don't understand the compulsion to be needlessly cruel to the already unfortunate.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I seriously don't understand the compulsion to be needlessly cruel to the already unfortunate.
    I think the idea is if you are cruel enough to poor people, eventually they will just stop being poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

To be (unduly) fair, Nancy had a lot to do with it. She was equally as fucked up but without the mental issues.

What we're seeing with this administration we've already seen with Reagan, the main difference being that Congress seemed to care just a little more about either reining it in or at least hiding it better.

It's more to do with keeping people in their place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha! I'm reminded he went to Military school and doesn't know Pearl Harbor.
    Just a reminder: Trump went to NYMA, they had financial trouble, begged Trump for help, he refused, they went bankrupt, and were bought out by the Chinese.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...920195073?s=19

Just because it was Obama. I hope the next President is keeping track and goes back to norm.

Plus I would say out spite the next President reverses every Trump E.O. policy. Yet Trump's policies also do damage so it's a plus.

Oh yeah, just read; it was Michelle Obama's birthday too.
    I've seen some Republicans say we can't have universal healthcare because of our obesity problem, but now here's Trump making a move that could exacerbate our obesity problem just so he can spite the Obamas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I've seen some Republicans say we can't have universal healthcare because of our obesity problem, but now here's Trump making a move that could exacerbate our obesity problem just so he can spite the Obamas.
    Oh no, you misunderstand.

The "obesity problem" is that enough people aren't obese so insurers and healthcare providers can continue to collect profits on people's misery, and universal healthcare would ameliorate that.

To be (unduly) fair, Nancy had a lot to do with it. She was equally as fucked up but without the mental issues.

What we're seeing with this administration we've already seen with Reagan, the main difference being that Congress seemed to care just a little more about either reining it in or at least hiding it better.
    Actually, I think they are still greatly reigning Trump in and trying to hide it. Can you imagine him completely unrestrained just by what has gotten out so far?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bin Laden - not a state-actor, and a known target since 2001. Head of Al Queda, who the AUMF was specifically passed to combat.
    al-Awlaki - also not a state-actor, though there are reasonable concerns/criticisms given that he was a US citizen. Also, since he was allegedly part of the core planners for Al Queda, clearly covered by the AUMF.
    Gadaffi - Nato-led coalition strikes, responding to atrocities committed by the Libyan government during the civil war. We didn't unilaterally do shit, and we didn't kill him.

Color me shocked that a White House official is lying through their teeth.
    Don't care. Enemy combatant in a time of war. That's why I laugh when people say "Obama assassinated a US Citizen!"

Yeah, a US citizen who joined fucking Al-Qaeda while we're at war with them.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Don't care. Enemy combatant in a time of war. That's why I laugh when people say "Obama assassinated a US Citizen!"

Usually the people who use that argument are the ones who make excuses for US Citizens being deported or imprisoned by ICE.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Usually the people who use that argument are the ones who make excuses for US Citizens being deported or imprisoned by ICE.
    I'm not following you at all here. Could you elaborate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm not following you at all here. Could you elaborate?
    This guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki

And his son: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdulrahman_al-Awlaki

Ironically his daughter was killed by Trump's order of a Commando attack: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nawar_al-Awlaki

But yeah Anwar was planning terrorist acts for Al-Qaeda when he was killed by Obama's drone strike.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually, I think they are still greatly reigning Trump in and trying to hide it. Can you imagine him completely unrestrained just by what has gotten out so far?
    Yes, because they're doing a terrible job of both.

hes sluring alot more when he talks and has defo started to drag his feet when he walks. They debates will be fucking brutal. I still think reporters are missing a trick not asking him questions like 'when is barons birthday' and then just random trivia that everyone should know.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2020-01-18 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hes sluring alot more when he talks and has defo started to drag his feet when he walks. They debates will be fucking brutal. I still think reporters are missing a trick not asking him questions like 'when is barons birthday' and then just random trivia that everyone should know.
    Problem is Trump wouldn't answer a question like that, if he can't remember(Due to dementia or being a moron or whatever) He's the type of person that won't admit it so instead he'll just launch into a Tirade of how its such a bogus question and not important, and he's going to have Hillary locked up with that question as proof of her misdeeds!

10+ Year Old Account
    So the first uniforms for the Space Force have been issued, and:

I'm so happy our men and women in uniform will be safely concealed in the vacuum of space with their jungle camouflage.

When you thought the Chair Force couldn't get Chairier.