Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean ye, i love goblins and even i dont like gilgoblins.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Huh? Some of the allied races are CRUSHING Pandaren and the gobos. I think void elves and zandalari are like 3 times higher than pandaren.
    Weird, at least the last one i saw said otherwise, though is quite likely that i did not saw an accurate one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    Where did you see this out of curiosity? It hasn't been mentioned much. I like that idea also. I think the customization should requires some kind of achievement to unlock. For the gilgoblin one maybe something like must be exalted with unshackled or something like that.
    I meant that i saw the Unshackle in Orgrimmar coast not long ago, and when it comes to costumization, we are not sure how its going to work, right now it was shown that the Wildhammer will become a costumization option for the base Dwarves in the next expansion, so that's why i pointed out the possibility that the Gilgoblins will get the same treatment, and i personally, hate the idea of making costumization option rep gated, in general not a fan of it with the AR, but much less with a mere costumization option, though i would like a small quest chain that introduce those races into the faction in a more detailed way.

Alright. I gotcha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    That's funny since I have unsubscribed for the first time since Cataclysm just before the patch came out..
    Oh yeah, I forgot you speak for the entire playerbase.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Much more than the Ankoan, who were basically fish-orcs.
    Given that they are literally re-skinned Jinyu, "fish-orcs" as the go-to comparison seems odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly didn't really care much about the gilblins. I loved Poen however I thought he was the best. Was always nice to hear his cheerful commentary. Compared to the vulpera though I'd much rather have little fox people than water goblins. I actually really like the vulpera because they remind me of Ratchet and his Lombax people.

Although I also would've loved to have the sethrak as horde allies too. I'm actually a little surprised they weren't.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I would have been happy to roll one if they didn't have so few customisation options, and didn't have to have the 'diaper' on display.
    i lol'd just now, because i had said in a BG few days ago that the mechas if the thin legs show they look like infants wearing diapers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    lol, nobody is stupid enough to be lured back to WoW just with allied races.
    somebody = yes
    nobody = zero

classic wow players are secretly venturing to BFA for the vulps, and coming out of the attic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Vulpera is, thematically, the best fitting race for the horde to have been added since before the Forsaken. If I could pick 4 races to remain within the horde and delete the rest, I would keep Orc, Troll, Tauren and Vulpera.
    if blizz didn't retcon and twist lore, worgen should have been horde. vulps should have been alliance, goblins should have been dual race like panda, maybe mechas too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    if blizz didn't retcon and twist lore, worgen should have been horde. vulps should have been alliance, goblins should have been dual race like panda, maybe mechas too
    Wait.... Why?

How come Vulpera would be Alliance? and Worgen were not a twist, they just added info to them (well to be more specific they added a new group of them), Goblins... yeah

Note: The biggest twist with Worgen were the Worgen DKs

Note2: The Vulpera were literally added in this expansion as an ally of the Zandalari, what retcon are you talking about?
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2020-01-17 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Server discrepancies notwithstanding, you can search by race in the who social list.
    But that doesn't mean it has brought anyone back. It just means the people currently playing rolled a new race, which is what we do every time a new race\class comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    I have some good news for you then. They show up in 8.3 at the Durotar shores. You can see them here:
    https://imgur.com/KNI3uGY
    https://imgur.com/YIgTW2f
    https://imgur.com/eTYxyAr

It looks like blizzard is having them help the horde similar to wildhammers and since they will probably be a custom option, it is practically the same as if they become an allied race. Minus gilgoblin druids, racials and heritage armor. But there is all ways to mitigate this.
    !!!!! I had no idea! Thank you for sharing, that's awesome!

Your welcome. It may not be exactly the same as an allied race, but I think its the best result. This way both the Vulpera and Gilgoblin fans can get what they want. Now I just hope that blizzard does a good job on their custom options. That is actually giving them their unique shaped feet, ears, nose, textures and fins. Glowing eyes and tentacle hair would be nice too.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    high elves have been playable since tbc
    the others you 100% won't get, get over it.
    yo, I am over it. You see what the game has become anyway.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yeah its cool. Asia gonna love it...
    I love it all the way from Québec, Canada. Go figure...

i
    if blizz didn't retcon and twist lore, worgen should have been horde.
    If bliz didn't retcon and twist lore, worgen wouldn't have joined any faction as they were mindless savages pulled from another world by a idiot mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    As much as I want Naga - they are going to be a race all on their own if we get it, not an allied race. Same for Arakkoa, or Ogres.
    Ogres could just as easily use the same rigging as Kul'Tirians.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Between those, the choice was obvious. Now, if they were this smart, Alliance would have gotten Sethrak because that would be more popular.

So I am wondering if they are actually that smart? They went with makes sense it seems to me, not being actually clever...
    Yeh.. Sethrak would join the alliance.. and antagonize the Zandalari empire right next to them.. yeh thatd be a great idea.

i would of lived gilblins to be like a customization option for Goblins at least but if i had to choose between them or Vulpera, it woulf be Vulpera every day of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    the vulpera worked at luring players back to WOW, more than the gilblins would have

mechagnomes are too close to gnomes in appearance, and many i play with on alliance, aren't really happy or impressed. imo, would have been the same if horde got gilblins. a top classic wow streamer was playing some BFA after the patch. while answering his upset viewers, he mentioned his alliance guild did a mass faction transfer to horde just for vulpera.

seriously doubt there are players are doing this for mecha in mass, could be wrong. doing low level BGs and dungeons right now, i play both factions, i see vulps 3 to 1 over the mechas
    I don't think the argument was ever really that Gilblin were a better choice than Vulpera.

It's more than Gilblin are a more equal comparison to Mechagnomes. Vaguely redressed existing race with minor cosmetic differences, largely indistinguishable beneath armor.

The Alliance equivalent of the Vulpera would have been something like the Ankoan. And they might have been made into an allied race, too... except there are no female Ankoan models.

Blizzard's not going to put in a race if it doesn't have two distinct genders, and they're not going to put in a distinctly gendered race if the females don't have titties. That's just game design right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh.. Sethrak would join the alliance.. and antagonize the Zandalari empire right next to them.. yeh thatd be a great idea.
    Seeing as the Blood Elves and Nightborne dropped the Alliance "because reasons" despite outstanding cultural, proximal, and historical ties do you really think that's a sensible reason to not have it happen?

The main reason we're not getting Sethrakk is the aformentioned "no female model, no titties, no allied race" notion I outlined above.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't think the argument was ever really that Gilblin were a better choice than Vulpera.

It's more than Gilblin are a more equal comparison to Mechagnomes. Vaguely redressed existing race with minor cosmetic differences, largely indistinguishable beneath armor.

The Alliance equivalent of the Vulpera would have been something like the Ankoan. And they might have been made into an allied race, too... except there are no female Ankoan models.

Blizzard's not going to put in a race if it doesn't have two distinct genders, and they're not going to put in a distinctly gendered race if the females don't have titties. That's just game design right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as the Blood Elves and Nightborne dropped the Alliance "because reasons" despite outstanding cultural, proximal, and historical ties do you really think that's a sensible reason to not have it happen?

The main reason we're not getting Sethrakk is the aformentioned "no female model, no titties, no allied race" notion I outlined above.
    ?? Blood elves were left to fend for themselves by the alliance and sabotaged. Nightborne aren't near anyone on alliance?? What I mean is that why should they purposely antagonize their powerful neighbor when they can just stay neutral and chill? What makes them WANT to join the alliance? Btw... lorewise it makes no sense why the nightborne broke neutrality either. Ignore gameplay and tell me why Sethrak should join the alliance and antagonize the zandalari and Vulpera. It would he a horrible strategic decision.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-18 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh..cause...blizzard..care...so..much...about...the...current..story...

Sethrak would be the more popular choice, by far. If we talk about story, you know, it's peace time. It's not like orcs and night elves don't have zones next to each other. Being close to each others zones is just a horrible argument. Story can be changed, story can move forward, whatever blizz decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Strun View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot you speak for the entire playerbase.
    Ah yes, I forgot you can not have your own opinion on certain things or own experiences are not allowed on MMO-Champion.

Get over yourself seriously.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!