Poll: If you had to vote for U.S President right now who would you pick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Or votes Trump because they care about it.
    These people are the party of "small government", but they also want to be able to tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Just a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    These people are the party of "small government", but they also want to be able to tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Just a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.
    They're also all for states' rights until some states start doing things they don't like.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    That’s because Warren...

I’m searching for the right word... I feel like there should be a word for the thing that Democrats do when they are struggling so they dump a bunch of identity politics on their rivals and weaken the whole party. Maybe Kamala?

So back on topic:

Trump’s odds at an all time high because Warren just Kamalaed Bernie.
    I think there are other factors which has caused his rise in chances to be reelected. The Democrats are basically at this point, making it easier for him. And his chances will more than likely increase again after the Impeachment fiasco. But, still a long way to go until election day. Things can certainly change.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I think there are other factors which has caused his rise in chances to be reelected. The Democrats are basically at this point, making it easier for him. And his chances will more than likely increase again after the Impeachment fiasco. But, still a long way to go until election day. Things can certainly change.
    Good thing nobody who even considers voting for Trump would give a shit about what Bernie did, or did not, say about Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    They're also all for states' rights until some states start doing things they don't like.
    Like passing gay marriage, or limiting guns in any way. Like what they are doing in Virginia. You have right wing militias getting ready for civil war because they want to kill someone over their guns being limited in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    You’re right that nobody who is on the fence cares about what Bernie said. But people on the fence are completely disillusioned with identity politics, so every time a democrat Kamalas another democrat and the whole debate suddenly becomes racism this sexist that, the Dems lose more swing voters.

It is the reason the Democrats are struggling nationally right now.
    Swing voters are included in those who consider to vote for Trump, and funny how everybody always ignores how nearly 50% of those who can vote, do not vote. Maybe, just maybe, it has to do with both parties pushing shitty economic policies? Nah, can't be, the dems are just not racist enough!

And why would anybody who claims to hate IdPol switch to Trump over this, even if Bernie is the nominee? Who gives a fuck what the other nominees did or did not do.

5+ Year Old Account
    US politics are a clown show at this point. Honestly I want no part in it and am leaving heavily toward abstaining like I did in 2016. That being said, if Trump can prove that he's not part of the deep state he claims to be fighting against between now and election day I'll consider voting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    US politics are a clown show at this point. Honestly I want no part in it and am leaving heavily toward abstaining like I did in 2016. That being said, if Trump can prove that he's not part of the deep state he claims to be fighting against between now and election day I'll consider voting for him.
    You already said you are voting for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren as vice president. I'm fine with it the other way around.
    God that's such a progressive wank of a ticket. Every time I see someone suggest that, I think "boy that guy must like to masturbate in public".

Meanwhile back in reality, the question should be "what ticket creates the most problems for Trump and wins States Democrats can't lose".

Does Warren help Bernie in Wisconsin? No. Michigan? No. Pennsylvannia? No. North Carolina? No. Florida? No. Arizona? No. Virgina? No. New Hampshire? No.

But sure let's put her on the ticket? *fap* *fap* *fap*.

The ideal candidate for VP in is Stacy Abrams for about 1000 different reasons. She would be far, far, far more valuable to Bernie, particularly with African American voters and Southern states like North Carolina, Georgia and Florida, then the Elizabeth Warren Progressive Masturbation Delusion would ever be.

Bernie + Abrams is a good ticket.

But Biden + Abrams is a terrifyingly good ticket that would create problems for Trump everywhere where he can't afford problems.

But it's all academic. As it stands right now, Biden is poised to wipe out the Bernie/Warren split of progressives on Super Tuesday. And when Warren endorses the actual Democrat Joe Biden, the Bernie Bros will be shocked that she somehow decided to not side with the campaign that spend all primary season trying to demolish hers.

And somehow the DNC will get blamed, despite making this so free form fucking Andrew Yang made the stage until this month.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no such thing as the Deep State in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Does Warren help Bernie in Michigan? No..
    Ummmm... Bernie beat Clinton in Michigan in the Democratic Primaries of 2016. He doesn't need help there.

You're seriously underestimating both Bernie and Warren's appeal in middle America - and I imagine you are doing this because you're also caught up in "GYAAAHSOCIALIZM!".

I don't see how Biden appeals to whom you're talking about, when we're talking about they guy they viewed helped the evil black man. >_<

EDIT: For clarificaiton - Biden would be a negative when trying to get Michigan. Half the reason they went Dump is because they didn't want status-quo Democrat because Obama failed to help them in the Flint Water Crisis. He flew out there, pretended to drink the water, said everything was OK, and flew back. People HATED Obama for that in Michigan... that's why they voted for Bernie.

And I'm not even taking into consideration the 2016 DNC debackle of some states having their Superdeligates ignore their states votes for Bernie and back Hillary. Doesn't matter if Hillary was still going to win, enough people saw that and got pissed - Michigan included.

And now, here you are, saying that an Obama-Era, his own VP, is going to attract more Michigan voters over the guy they voted for OVER HILLARY to defeat Dumbass Dump!? o_O
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-17 at 08:58 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as the Deep State in the United States.
    Hope they start bringing witnesses to the Senate so you can finally take those blinders off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

2020 Election If you had to vote right now for U.S President who would you pick?

Right now I am going with Biden, I am leaning Warren

Follow up Question.

Who do you think should be on your picks ticket.

Biden/Harris
    Other: Tulsi Gabbard
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    At this point? Not Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Other: Tulsi Gabbard
    Do you love Modi that much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden/Abrams would do really well now that I think about it. Dems REALLY need the black vote to show up like in Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minneapolis, she'd defiantly help there, plus Biden has been dominating the rest of the Dem field in terms of popularity in the black community.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Do you love Modi that much?
    I like what she has to say in regards to Policy.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    God that's such a progressive wank of a ticket. Every time I see someone suggest that, I think "boy that guy must like to masturbate in public".
    I think you like the idea of masturbating. Just saying...
    Does Warren help Bernie in Wisconsin? No. Michigan? No. Pennsylvannia? No. North Carolina? No. Florida? No. Arizona? No. Virgina? No. New Hampshire? No.
    The idea is that she'll be part of Bernie's echo chamber, which if you're voting for Bernie you certainly want that echo to continue at the unfortunate moment that Bernie were to pass away.

The ideal candidate for VP in is Stacy Abrams for about 1000 different reasons. She would be far, far, far more valuable to Bernie, particularly with African American voters and Southern states like North Carolina, Georgia and Florida, then the Elizabeth Warren Progressive Masturbation Delusion would ever be.

Bernie + Abrams is a good ticket.
    Does Abrams have a lot of the same policies as Bernie?
    But Biden + Abrams is a terrifyingly good ticket that would create problems for Trump everywhere where he can't afford problems.
    Trump isn't a concern to me. As much as people would like to believe that he had Putin dupe people into voting for him, that's not how I see it. Trump won because Democrat voters really wanted Bernie and his policies. If we get Bernie then we'll want even more Bernie, like Elizabeth Warren. Biden is a joke, and I have no idea who Abrams is. If Abrams supports Bernie's policies and wants to push his ideology even further then sure, but otherwise I'd want Bernie+Warren.
    But it's all academic. As it stands right now, Biden is poised to wipe out the Bernie/Warren split of progressives on Super Tuesday. And when Warren endorses the actual Democrat Joe Biden, the Bernie Bros will be shocked that she somehow decided to not side with the campaign that spend all primary season trying to demolish hers.
    Poised to do what? Biden is the Democrats centralist wet dream, and the only reason he'd have a chance at winning is because the Bernie/Warren voters are split. If Biden wins he won't get the Bernie Bros like Hillary, and could lose. Bernie endorsed Hillary and look how that worked out for her?

I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't care if Bernie or Warren wins as long it's one of them. If Joe Biden wins then I'm not voting for him and you idiots can enjoy another 4 years of Trumps stupidity, just as it did with Hillary 4 years ago.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2020-01-18 at 01:06 AM.

Hope they start bringing witnesses to the Senate so you can finally take those blinders off.
    What witnesses would you like to see? That are pertinent to the investigation? So, that leaves out Joe Biden and Hunter Biden, since they have nothing to do with the laws that Trump broke. Especially since they were cleared of wrongdoing.

15+ Year Old Account
    You’re right that nobody who is on the fence cares about what Bernie said. But people on the fence are completely disillusioned with identity politics, so every time a democrat Kamalas another democrat and the whole debate suddenly becomes racism this sexist that, the Dems lose more swing voters.

It is the reason the Democrats are struggling nationally right now.
    The swing voters are sick of people crying about immigration all the time non-stop, and just in general being heinous and corrupt people, it's why Republicans lost bigly in 2018 and will lose way more seats in 2020.

Surprise surprise, swing voters don't really tend to swing both ways that much, they tend to have things that grind their gears and things that don't, and most will vote one way their entire life, despite identifying as independent.

Also, lest we forget, independents by and large support Trump impeachment and are leaning heavily left right now, which is why most conservative "big talk" where they pretend to be hot shit are saying that the liberals will lose "because the base is becoming enraged and will show up in huge numbers" now that they've found out they've lost interest of the independents.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You realize that almost everything a president does is policy. Every time Trump has made any decision then that's a part of his policy.
    That would imply that he has a clear plan on what he's going to do. "Whatever I want lol" scribbled onto a used napkin doesn't count as a policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.