Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    4 zones, 1 tower and 4 factions aren't real features, sorry. Oh and also character customization that has always been there, just not for players to use. Meanwhile WoTLK had all that + class + wintergrasp + new profession + a lot more than 4 zones. What are you talking about?/

Quality over quantity. 4 larger, more densely packed zones is better than 7 zones thats are far too spread out and mostly empty space. I love how you also conveniently didn't bother mentioning The Maw because you knew you were full of shit. Claiming covenants are "just factions" is complete bullshit as well based on what they have said about them thus far. Of course the infinite dungeon is also reduced to "just 1 tower". Not even a mention of the legendarys, level squish or revamped leveling system either, which is an humongous overhaul for the game.

Yep, totally not full of shit and blatantly lying to make your point seem valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but Activision won't let it happen. 8.3 was supposed to be released in Feb but Activation forced it go to early, which is why you are seeing all those little bugs

3+ Year Old Account
    CD Projekt Red needing more time vs Blizzard needing more time, is like saying a Nuclear physicist needs more time to finish the Large Hadron Collider vs a kid needs more time to finish a crayon drawing.

BIG DIFFERENCE

CD Projekt Red makes these amazing, in-depth quadruple A games. They are a proven company, and if they need more time, rest assured the game will be finished and polished at release.

Blizzard could delay Shadowlands for another 2 years, and it would still come out buggy, unfinished, and with boring meaningless content.
    The Pyramids at Giza are arranged in the exact constellation of Orion from over 12,500 Years ago proving that they were built by Aliens.

Because we know for sure they need this 5 months to polish the game? Or maybe they have redone some major features this last weeks and need 5 more months to ship something barely playable? We know how the gaming industry is...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You simply aren't getting it - you don't decide what is or is not a feature, you can not like those features, but that doesn't make them not exist.

So your initial statement that Shadowlands hasn't got any real features is just objectively wrong.

I'm not gonna waste any more time on you, sorry but I can't deal with people as dishonest and lazy as you, have fun being mad about everything for no reason and I'll have fun being reasonable.
    Your "being reasonable" has been laid bare for everyone to see when you said Pathfinder was okay. As I have said, some people just love shit, it can't be helped. So I guess it would be unfair to be too hard on you for what you cannot control, I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Quality over quantity. 4 larger, more densely packed zones is better than 7 zones thats are far too spread out and mostly empty space. I love how you also conveniently didn't bother mentioning The Maw because you knew you were full of shit. Claiming covenants are "just factions" is complete bullshit as well based on what they have said about them thus far. Of course the infinite dungeon is also reduced to "just 1 tower". Not even a mention of the legendarys, level squish or revamped leveling system either, which is an humongous overhaul for the game.

Yep, totally not full of shit and blatantly lying to make your point seem valid.
    So what we know about you:

1) You fail to croll further into conversation where I specifically linked a feature comparrison in a picture.
    2) you love shadowlands.
    Coincidence? No, I think these facts are linked, and its not in your favour.
    Here, have a picture for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Legion was a fine xpac bro. Some people don't understand what "polished" means
    when it comes to MMORPGs I guess...
    It was a fine xpac, during later patches. At release? Having to start over from scratch with your character because you got a shitty first legendary, and didn't want to waste months farming another was definitely a good design.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Nah, it's simply I'm not so arrogant and self-righteous that I think my opinion is worth more than objective facts. That is why I cannot bother talking to people who are that arrogant

Here's a shocking revelation for you; just because you think something - doesn't mean everyone thinks the same way. Amazing isn't it? Now, stop wasting my time with silly replies.
    Apparently your worldview doesn't incorporate the possibility of the sane majority loving (or hating) something and having in general the same opinion about it. But then again, you seem to like shadowblands, so it's not like you have much capability to aknowledge that possibility, and as I said, I shouldn't be too hard on you for it.

As for wasting your time with my replies? Weren't you the one who called me on my arrogance from your percieved moral high ground? What happened? Are you so morally flexible you fail to see your own hypocrisy? In just a couple of posts you have completely undermined and shamed yoursef. What a joke you are.

Apparently your worldview doesn't incorporate the possibility of the sane majority loving (or hating) something and having in general the same opinion about it.
    Just as much as your worldview is obviously missing the likelyhood that you aren't part of said majority.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077's announced release date has been pushed back by 5 months to September 2020, with the main reasons cited including a need to improve the quality and polish of the game. I applaud the devs there for taking a stand and not choosing to release a subpar product just for the sake of appeasing shareholders.

Should the WoW developers follow suit and take the time to polish Shadowlands before releasing it? Instead of the WoW developers being hellbent on releasing yet another rushed expansion just to meet shareholder timelines. I think the devs need to stand up and take their time by following these industry leaders and pioneers with a focus on quality and polish. Blizzard seems to have forgotten these terms as of late.

This is the only way to really revive this franchise, not with exclusive 6 month subscription gimmicks and metrics focused design.
    Depends on what u mean by polish. The game running well and looking good? Then I would say most of blizzards products have a high degree of polish.

If u mean by game design? bfa should have been delayed. And I doubt many would disagree with that.

no. Cyberpunk is a short game you play through a few times tops and done with. It has to be good from day 1. Shadowlands and wow expansions keep evolving and the game you get at day 1 is not the same as the one you have at the last week of the expansion. They need to get a good core build out and they can keep working on it as you play.

Your "being reasonable" has been laid bare for everyone to see when you said Pathfinder was okay. As I have said, some people just love shit, it can't be helped. So I guess it would be unfair to be too hard on you for what you cannot control, I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

So what we know about you:

1) You fail to croll further into conversation where I specifically linked a feature comparrison in a picture.
    2) you love shadowlands.
    Coincidence? No, I think these facts are linked, and its not in your favour.
    Here, have a picture for future reference.
    I think it’s a poor choice to compare the two expansions. Mainly because wotlk is the 2nd expansion. And shadowlands is the 7th? There was much more room to add stuff back then. And if u constantly add stuff u end up with so much bloat.

They have needed to fix leveling for a long time. And it’s not as simple as changing a few numbers.

We don’t need more classes, what we need is for current class design to be fixed.

We don’t need a new profession, the current ones need to be fixed.

There r some new systems like the covenant system which adds new abilities for each class, the soul bind and the tower.

I’m less interested in what’s new and more in what they r going to change/fix that will benefit wow in the long run. Because from where I’m sitting things need fixing. Not adding more stuff that’s going to end up as bloat in two years.

Last time Blizzard 'took their time' they scrapped half of WoD and we still got a bug ridden launch.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Considerin we dont even have public alpha yet to see if SL needs more time, it feels like you just pull bullshit out of your arse.
    Considering Alpha isn't out or even in the near future it should be delayed. The last 3 xpacs need months more time of play testing.

No way they don't just force it our the door like BFA. Which well that went really good... Oh wait it had numerous bugs, an azerite system that players hated even in testing, and many other problems. Now 8.3 launches and you are basically tripping over bugs or balancing issues.

They need to take more fucking time and stop releasing garbage on time. I'd rather have quality late than never.

The major difference between Cyberpunk 2077 and Shadowlands is that one is an addition to an already changing game. The developers don't really have the luxury of taking all the time they need to get the "perfect" expansion out, when they have players and higher-ups that have expectations for time crunches.

Now, I'd prefer that they take their time and do whatever they need to do. But, that doesn't guarantee a better overall experience. Warlords of Draenor was in development for a long time, with players screaming about having a year-long content drought with SoO, and WoD isn't remembered fondly at all. During development they took that time and tended to change directions in story, gameplay, systems, and world design (among other things) over and over. So, instead of working on something and polishing it, they tended to just restart from the beginning over and over - and there was still an incomplete zone (Tanaan) and scrapped content (Farahlon).

There was also a long drought between ICC and Cata, but with Cata the world revamp took up most of the time. There were often content droughts between expansion in the past in general, and the memories of those expansions are all over the place. People were doing Dragon Soul for a year, and MoP is now remembered as a polished expansion, for instance.

There's no guarantee they'd do all that again, but Blizzard also isn't infallible. With Cyberpunk, there are already rumblings about it still being a time crunch, with their developers working overtime even with the delay.

So, I really can't say if they should or shouldn't, because I don't really know where they're at in terms of development and "perfection" of the expansion. If they wanted to take some time to polish it, I wouldn't mind. But I understand if they didn't.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2020-01-18 at 07:05 AM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Yes they more then likely should but Activision won’t let them do something like that as they want it out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Legion was polished as hell IDK what you're talking about.
    No, not really lol. last 3 expansions had about the same amount of bugs/issues with systems at start and slowly being fixed during their time.

Which doesn't really mean its super shit. Some systems were shit at start ex legiondaries till they lifted leggo softcap, azerite till they added vendor in 8.1.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you really polish bad developer decisions by delaying the game? Seems to me if Shadowlands ends up failing it's because the devs made bad decisions, and no amount of delaying will make them change those decisions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, not really lol. last 3 expansions had about the same amount of bugs/issues with systems at start and slowly being fixed during their time.

Which doesn't really mean its super shit. Some systems were shit at start ex legiondaries till they lifted leggo softcap, azerite till they added vendor in 8.1.
    welcome to every expansion ever.
    remember when wotlk released for example with insanely overpowered DK's then over the entire expansion they slowly balanced them and made them actually not just an overall best class for everything but healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The cinematic revealed during the BlizzCon 2019 opening ceremony left us with a view above Icecrown Citadel, of sky shattered and torn apart by Sylvanas’ destruction of the Helm of Domination. The very veil between life and death has been ruptured.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread didn't age well considering Cyberpunks recent crunch reveal. Now this thread should be titled, 'Should Blizzard crunch and pay their workers less to make a more perfect game?'

CDPR made Blizzard look like the good guys now lol.