15+ Year Old Account

Getting in trouble?

So what's the dumbest thing you got in trouble for in school? Mine was doing a book report on War & Peace in the 6th grade. My teacher thought I plagiarized it or had a family member write it for me because she felt it was "above the appropriate age for me". After telling her in person about the story she changed her mind. I haven't read the book since then and couldn't tell you for the life of me what it was about but I remember that vividly.

Fighting...
    *sigh*

I refused to use a calculator because I could do the math in my head or write it out. I got suspended for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brought a Knife to school to show one of my buddies, even though I was explicitly told not to by an older sibling that bought it for me, but me being the dumbshit I was felt it was a cool idea to show it off to one of my best friends IN SCHOOL. One of my other less known friends saw it, and I showed it to him ratted me out, school security came to haul my butt to the principles office, and that was that, I think I was in deep shit at first but was going to be let to go back home, but because the not so good friend was entering the schools office as I was leaving, I lost my mind punched him in his face and got hauled right back to the Principles office and had the cops called.

Thankfully the cops only took me home, but I was expelled for the incident. Had to write a long letter explaining what I had done, that I was sorry for my actions and asked to be let back in. I was NEVER a bad ass or a rule breaker or ever really a trouble maker, but this on incident raised so many flags, that I wanted to do something.

The letter helped, I was accepted back again the next year and I never had any other issue similar or like since. Granted I was still stupid, but it wasn't the kind of serious misunderstanding kind of trouble.

My school as many others during that time had a ZERO TOLERANCE policy concerning weapons, any weapons and this was well before any Columbine or media shootings, but violence along with weapons in schools are slightly on the rise.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't write a letter to a teacher after some kids got in trouble. Suspended. One of the only As in the class. Enjoyed my day off.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I was a crazy rebel starting in 6th grade, and I started wearing baggy pants so bad that I became the poster child for why they banned baggy pants, chain from wallet to front pocket, smoking weed, just the whole nine yards. Well the principle happened to be doing a patrol and saw my chain wallet and confiscated it. The problem was I had a straight shooter weed pipe tucked in my wallet.

Sweating bullets in 4th period, and sure enough, called to the office to see the principle. He's piping classical music softly into his room and I comment on it: "This is cool, what station is it?"

"It's a CD."

Cops show up, they call my mom, and she's absolutely livid. Everything bad that's supposed to happen, happens. Suspended and waiting at home for my mom to come home and rip me a new one. Single mother working two jobs, so she pulled no punches, didn't have the time or patience for it. This is bad.

I'm waiting for the consequences like a man on death row. Turn on the TV and every station is talking about something happening in Littleton Colorado. There's been a school shooting. Mom gets home and just hugs me, saying she's not too upset and that she really loves me and that we're going to talk about this but I'm not mad. I was spared certain doom because it happened on the day of Columbine.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2020-01-18 at 06:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Brought a Knife to school to show one of my buddies
    There was this guy in my ag science class that went to the school farm during lunch to feed the steer he was raising there and he had his pocketknife on him when he got back to campus late. School security stopped him and saw the knife on his belt loop and he got expelled for having a weapon on campus. That was the most fucked up thing I've seen happen in school and this happened in 93 so it wasn't after the Columbine shooting happened and schools started cracking down on security.

A teacher lied that I had punched them when they were actually yelling so close to my face I could feel their spit and I shoved them. They did a whole interrogation thing trying to get me to "admit what I had done wrong" and I just sat there confused since I hadn't done anything. Stayed home for the suspension and had some ice cream, only time I was ever suspended.

Though I got sent to the principal's office a few times for pulling the plastic covers off the keyboards during the typing classes. I'm not sure what else I was supposed to do when I didn't remember a key, try them at random?

For the most part I was a student dedicated to learning, and that either meant teachers loved my enthusiasm or hated that I asked too many questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I was spared certain doom because it happened on the day of Columbine.
    Holy crap, I don't think any of us can compete with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Desk-flipping. Not mine, the principal's. Out the window. Why? Went to take a leak, some dude left a cigarette burning in the stall next to me. The principal insisted that it was mine. Had he caught me with a cigarette, I'd have shrugged and kept toking. But I have a zero-tolerance policy for accusing me of shit I haven't done.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember getting in trouble in school, I geuss I've never had an interest in breaking the rules.

Even when it comes to driving I've always been pretty chill and never got a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    There was this guy in my ag science class that went to the school farm during lunch to feed the steer he was raising there and he had his pocketknife on him when he got back to campus late. School security stopped him and saw the knife on his belt loop and he got expelled for having a weapon on campus. That was the most fucked up thing I've seen happen in school and this happened in 93 so it wasn't after the Columbine shooting happened and schools started cracking down on security.
    Yep this was before that and looking back I only had myself to blame I was explicitly told NOT to bring the Knife to school but I thought it was just so cool i wanted to show my friend.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    i got in trouble pretty much on a daily basis.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.