Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-parnas-100732

Another dump from Lev Parnas texts, this time with top Devin Nunes aide Derek Harvey.

I haven't had time to dig through them yet, but I'm sure seeing John Solomon's name pop up a lot in the first few pages alone.

- - - Updated - - -

They are. But he's in a pretty safe Republican district and Republicans don't seem to have much concern for ethical violations.

I have two words: Duncan Hunter.
    Considering his involvement is there any chance at all he will be called as a witness? Assuming witnesses will be allowed of course. Sadly I already know the answer to my question but I can still hope there is some integrity left in my government.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Well, Ted Lieu actually went to MSNBC on the Hardball show and said Nunes should be removed. That based on the evidence, Nunes did conspire with Parnas and again said that he responded to the lawyer by telling him to take that letter and shove it. I love that for once, the Democrats aren't playing nice anymore.

"Truth is a defense".

https://twitter.com/hardball/status/1218332588621869056
    There is nothing left to play nice about really since 2 of 3 branches of our government have been compromised the past few years with traitors and bad faith actors which is leading to SCOTUS being compromised. Everything that makes the United States what it has always been is being dismantled bit by bit by Trump and his administration.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Considering his involvement is there any chance at all he will be called as a witness? Assuming witnesses will be allowed of course. Sadly I already know the answer to my question but I can still hope there is some integrity left in my government.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing left to play nice about really since 2 of 3 branches of our government have been compromised the past few years with traitors and bad faith actors which is leading to SCOTUS being compromised. Everything that makes the United States what it has always been is being dismantled bit by bit by Trump and his administration.
    To be fair this has been decades in the making gotta give the olds some credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Axios broke this story 30 mins ago so it's more of an extension of a continuing story. Anyhow, that Parnas guy has not only acted as a conduit for Giuliani directly to Ukrainian higher-ups, but also, with Nunes. And he has notes.

Oh, and that Yovanovitch surveilence thing.

I get that Parnas isn't all that trustworthy, but if we said "we will only believe people that are proven trustworthy" that would rule out a lot of Team Trump, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    To be fair this has been decades in the making gotta give the olds some credit.
    This is true. I grew up in the 80s during the Reagan years and had no idea that so much of what happened back then would end up mattering decades later. From 9/11 all the way up until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Axios broke this story 30 mins ago so it's more of an extension of a continuing story. Anyhow, that Parnas guy has not only acted as a conduit for Giuliani directly to Ukrainian higher-ups, but also, with Nunes. And he has notes.

I get that Parnas isn't all that trustworthy, but if we said "we will only believe people that are proven trustworthy" that would rule out a lot of Team Trump, wouldn't it?
    Everyone involved in this circle is corrupt or beholden to someone/somewhere else that doesnt have the best interests of the United States in mind.

It is amazing how the Trump supporters screech about "deep state" when the United States is literally infested with russian oligarchs and their henchmen.

Let's just say I'm glad he's got receipts rather than just his word...

Everyone involved in this circle is corrupt or beholden to someone/somewhere else that doesnt have the best interests of the United States in mind.

It is amazing how the Trump supporters screech about "deep state" when the United States is literally infested with russian oligarchs and their henchmen.
    The first thing a cult does is convince you everyone else is wrong and corrupt.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

- - - Updated - - -

This is my biggest takeaway from this whole thing. And it is hard for me to find ways in which the US turns out ok after this is over.

Democrats have to fight as hard as they reasonably can. They are doing about as good as can be realistically expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Let's just say I'm glad he's got receipts rather than just his word...
    I didn't think I would live to see a day when something worse than Watergate happened with a president (in terms of impeachment). Also didn't think a post fact world would ever be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This is my biggest takeaway from this whole thing. And it is hard for me to find ways in which the US turns out ok after this is over.

Democrats have to fight as hard as they reasonably can. They are doing about as good as can be realistically expected.
    Democrats are way behind the curve when it come to disinformation warfare look at social media Trump and the Russians have taken over. These platforms are weapons that cut both ways but only one side is playing by the old rules. Although the right screams left and right there is still no liberal equivalent to Fox News, democrats haven't learned to fight like republicans have, they aren't fighting as hard as they could be because they seem to want to stick to principles.

This is not a movie good guys don't get to win whoever fights the hardest does which is why the right has the advantage, I don't see anyone on that democratic stage willing to do whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

The internet has been weaponized to brainwash people. Psyops has always been a thing but now it can be done on a broader scale and actually affect elections. Growing up I thought the internet would fix ignorance. That it would educate people. Now I am seeing it weaponized to the point that it is potentially tearing nations apart and somehow making people more ignorant. My god just look at the lawyers defending Trump. I don't think the cognitive dissonance could be any bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Democrats are way behind the curve when it come to disinformation warfare look at social media Trump and the Russians have taken over. These platforms are weapons that cut both ways but only one side is playing by the old rules. Although the right screams left and right there is still no liberal equivalent to Fox News, democrats haven't learned to fight like republicans have, they aren't fighting as hard as they could be because they seem to want to stick to principles.

This is not a movie good guys don't get to win whoever fights the hardest does which is why the right has the advantage, I don't see anyone on that democratic stage willing to do whatever it takes.
    It is fucking sad that people on the right side of the law and the constitution and ethics have to even consider playing dirty. But this is the world we live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s funny Nunes suddenly remembered Parnas a few days ago in light of this... how long until Donald has more selective amnesia forgetting who Devin is?
    Honest to god all these people need to be locked up.

I was hoping to have Jim Jordan in there waving his little arms, but it looks like even now the GOP has some sense.

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/that...-was-an-abuse/

Man, talk about a fucking movie script.

Do you know who argued that the invocation of executive privilege was an "abuse" during an impeachment? Ken Starr.

Do you know who was sitting right behind Ken Starr a the time? Brett Kavanaugh.

Republicans for the Rule of Law shared the video of this - https://twitter.com/ForTheRuleOfLaw/...65076467105793

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/that...-was-an-abuse/

Man, talk about a fucking movie script.

Do you know who argued that the invocation of executive privilege was an "abuse" during an impeachment? Ken Starr.

Do you know who was sitting right behind Ken Starr a the time? Brett Kavanaugh.

Republicans for the Rule of Law shared the video of this - https://twitter.com/ForTheRuleOfLaw/...65076467105793
    Between Trump self-owning in time traveling tweets (where tweets from the Obama administration come back to bite him in the ass) and the GOP's delightful hypocrisy in law and order, this would be a comedy fit for Shakespeare.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Not just that. I know we've joked about books like "Mom, there are Liberals Under my Bed!" (yes, that's an actual children's book, go look it up), but the sheer number of children's books about how awesome and righteous and wholesome and great Donald Trump is is just sky rocketing. https://www.amazon.com/Donald-Drains.../dp/1621579387

I thought these books were satire, but then when I read the reviews it's shit like "Great read! Exposes the liberal deep government for what it is and accurately portrays our hero Trump in a fun and simple way for children!" in non ironic fashion.

My one concession is that in about a decade, most people who have been staying in the Trump administration, gathering information and writing down tales of their time within the administration will have all been exposed, and the history books will paint a picture of Donald Trump as the most corrupt president in American history, and the dumbest wannabe dictator as well. All of these kids who grew up with their parents reading bedtime stories about super hero Donald Trump to them will have to face the reality that their parents were just forcing propaganda on them at a really young age, or drop out of school, because apparently school is a tool used by the liberal deep state to enslave the minds of America's children.
    Imagine it, in 25+ years there will be some person out there that will actually say Trump is their favorite president, non ironically, and even try and say he's the best one ever. Then, for no fucking reason, MAGA hats and accessories come back as a fashion trend.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The internet has been weaponized to brainwash people. Psyops has always been a thing but now it can be done on a broader scale and actually affect elections. Growing up I thought the internet would fix ignorance. That it would educate people. Now I am seeing it weaponized to the point that it is potentially tearing nations apart and somehow making people more ignorant. My god just look at the lawyers defending Trump. I don't think the cognitive dissonance could be any bigger.
    A lot of people act on the premise that "Chaos is a ladder."

Unfortunately, in the meantime, we all have to LIVE in this chaos.

Oh, I would remove the word "potentially" from the bolded phrase.

10+ Year Old Account

If it was only Parnas word, yes, he'd be untrustworthy. But he's providing evidence that backs up his claims which means it's not just his word.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to go through all my pictures to make sure I don't have one with Parnas too.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I need to go through all my pictures to make sure I don't have one with Parnas too.
    I give it two weeks tops before Reddit starts photoshopping Parnas into the background of famous photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I know right? Seems that he's the most forgettable man in the world.