Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I`m quite enjoying the new quests but they do rather highlight some issues that
    many seem to find annoying.

They either need to lower the amount of mobs you need to kill
    or make them respawn faster.

Also i would be quite grateful if they could limit faction tagging of mobs
    to warmode.

lmao.

WQ's: They are awful, gives us back dailies
    Dailies: Why didn't you make WQ's, wtf?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

With the exception of the Rares (which were hotfixed last night to spawn more often - excluding I guess the mount ones) I'm not seeing many design problems that aren't caused by the massive number of players in one zone. I guess they could improve the algorithm that increases spawn rates when many people are present, but it likely also has a cap to prevent "clever use of game mechanics" (see 2x4 groups) and at some point is unable to cope anyway.

It's one of those problems that will fix itself in a week or so.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

PS: World Quests, despite all the nerfs to that method, had the advantage that addons enabled finding groups and also quick realm hopping. I'm kinda wondering why the respective addon authors haven't enabled that for daily quests yet - but that's again not on Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Not at all what people have made criticism about, but I guess you're from the millenial meme-generation.
    Ok Boomer.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Not at all what people have made criticism about, but I guess you're from the millenial meme-generation.
    I rather had done world quests at this point.
    You were saying?

And yes, people have complained since WQ's were a thing that they want dailies back. I guess you don't look around within the wow community if you haven't noticed it.

They are not my favorites either but it beats doing Nazjatar on release. Mechagon was easily the most fun, wish they could've done another zone like that.

Why do people feel the need to do the dailies at all? The rep doesn't give anything except cosmetics and a reusable augment rune, the coalescing visions from them is low enough that gathering them should only matter to the most hardcore of bleeding edge raiders.

If you don't like the dailies just skip them. Doing only the 3 assaults per week will give you enough coalescing visions to stay on top of the curve anyways.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    8.3 has like worst beginning of an end patch I ever witnessed, I hope it is getting better
    >nice cloak level grinding
    >wow so good

Yes thats historically what people have said, but in this thread people are pointing their complaints towards is the way they made these dailies, in its current state WQs are better/faster and less buggy as a fact.
    and I responded to OP's text, if I was referring to what other people said I would quote them...
    not even sure why you take such offense for pointing out that people complain about one thing then flip flops to what they had.

It's not about dailies or WQ's... it's about the quest in of itself. Others point that out, absolutely... but you were the one saying "no one" does what I pointed out. I never claimed or alluded to what a majority does or does not, only what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    It's easy. I hate them, I don't do them and therefor I can't do visions.

So I'll once again leave it to a 1-month subscription after raidfinder is free, collect the allied races, get the heritage armor, do some fishing and then I'll play other games till Blizzard delivers something new.
    You dont have to do dailies to do visions. Only reason you do dailies is reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    It's easy. I hate them, I don't do them and therefor I can't do visions.
    ???

You get 400 coalescing visions per day from dailies, which is only 2800 a week. If you do literally no dailies you miss out on 1 vision per month, and since the cloak can only be upgraded a couple times each week it literally doesn't matter at all.

All you need to do for visions is your assaults each week which take like 10 minutes max, and then your one N'zoth vision daily and you'll be perfectly fine on visions. The only thing you miss out on from dailies is rep, which only matters if you need the particular essence from exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    We had a "kill 4 rares" in the Vale today. In a group of 5 we flew for almost two hours around the vale, with people coming and going into the group, and not a single rare was seen. I've given up that quest.
    I had a bit of a time with finding 4 rare spawns in Uldum earlier in the week, but the 4 rares in VoEB wasn't an issue. Snagging the HandyNotes add-ins for the rares was definitely helpful as I could swing by spawn points as I did the other dailies, but I was done in VoEB in about 20 minutes all told. The worst part of VoEB for me is the underground sanctum part (the part that was originally the start of the SoO raid in MoP) with it's long staircase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Same, but this new dailies today, the titan artifacts was indeed bugged and then the other one to get an item from certain mobs, their respawn time was really long and there was so much people trying to go for them, and the item didn't drop 100%, so it's was a big fight. Even had to fight alliance for the tag, lol
    Unearthed Artifacts was bugged, I believe. When I had this quest nothing at all was spawning in the entire Old God area of Uldum, and eventually I left after checking with other players in the zone to confirm they also saw nothing. Went away to do other stuff, then came back later on in the day and I found the artifacts all over the shoreline area of Uldum (especially clustered heavily in the northern spider area). Was done with the quest in about 2 minutes. Not sure what happened, but I think it just bugged out when I was there.

The hides quest too is kind of awkward with drops, especially since they don't seem to drop from the hyena mobs despite them being marked for it. I only seem to get quest drops for the hides from the Amathet Hunter mobs.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Funny how Timeless Isle, a zone with like 1 daily......ended up being the best patch content Blizzard has ever made, still.

It LONG overstayed it's welcome, but 5.4 was a masterpiece.
    Am i literally the only person in existence that thinks that timeless isle was extremely boring and not worth playing?

Rare spawn is bad, the 6 letters quest is even worse (seriously, more mobs from which it can drop, please?).
    In sense of rewards they feel low for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I had a bit of a time with finding 4 rare spawns in Uldum earlier in the week, but the 4 rares in VoEB wasn't an issue. Snagging the HandyNotes add-ins for the rares was definitely helpful as I could swing by spawn points as I did the other dailies, but I was done in VoEB in about 20 minutes all told. The worst part of VoEB for me is the underground sanctum part (the part that was originally the start of the SoO raid in MoP) with it's long staircase.
    I do have that add-on. And it did make locating the rare spawn points much easier, but still, no spawn for almost two hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I do have that add-on. And it did make locating the rare spawn points much easier, but still, no spawn for almost two hours.
    I'm wandering if the zones have intermittent spawning issues with various mob's and quest items, myself. Seems like you can go there sometimes and there's nothing, come back a few hours later and it throws things at you as if the zone were choked with players.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

My only problem, and I haven't had a chance to do a lot, is that the assaults take forever to do. The mobs are hard (my Mage is basically in Benthic gear and whatever welfare weapons I can get, since I haven't done much LFR), and each one is like 1% so you need to kill a ton. I have a quest for Pandaria to kill 4 rare mobs, but I've never even seen any so either they are farmed constantly or on long respawn timers. I do kinda like the obelisk things in Pandaria though where you get sent to, I guess, the Ny'alotha version of where you are and have to like jump on stuff before the beam hits you (not really sure what is supposed to happen I just squash a few eyeballs and complete it).

Some of the dailies are like.. okay where do I find this mob, I fly around and don't see anything which registers as being for the quest. That's pretty frustrating.

Only thing I can really say is that it makes me miss MoP. That was a really good expansion despite all the "lol pandas" whining.

Why I don't necessarily disagree, I would like to point out that 8.2 dailies, at release, were about infinite times worse. They had to do a series of over 10 hotfixes(?), nerfing them again and again and again, to make them even worth doing. We can already see the same with 8.3, first nerfs are in, and you can rest assured they won't be the last.

And another point - if a daily is taking too long...just don't do it. Coalescents are barely worth it, I mean you would literally need 200 dailies by themselves for ONE horrific vision run, and rep...well, I understand some people want rep ASAP, since I do as well, but some dailies just aren't worth it, plain and simple. The one for 4 rares in the Vale lately, I've seen people on the general chat crying rivers how they spent over 2 hours on it and still aren't done...if they weren't exaggerating, then, for me, they simply aren't very bright, over 2 hours for 75 rep is one of the very worst deals you can make in this game...
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I wouldn't call them harder. They re more tedious because they take longer. People are confusing tedious with harder.
    THIS RIGHT HERE, they are not harder, just longer, repetitive, with nothing new to explore and not really anything to get excited about except higher dps which was going to happen regardless. This patch probably looked fine on paper with what they thought was an "epic" beginning chain which is really just annoyingly anti social, visually more of the same we have seen since...Ahn Qiraj? and alt discouraging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Am i literally the only person in existence that thinks that timeless isle was extremely boring and not worth playing?
    I think that Timeless isle was the textbook definition of the theme park design which was kind of fun but not a great immersive RP experience at all. Isle of thunder was definitely a more impressive RP experience with the thunder kings home being the center piece of an island filled with his army and other dangerous creatures.Blizzards reasoning though, for making a light fun island after some heavier RP content makes sense for balance in the larger context of the expansion and it also feels fresh when compared to the current 8.3 content.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2020-01-18 at 03:09 PM.

I still don't get how the minor assaults work, i haven't had one pop up yet on 3 characters.