Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I am guessing that a Frost mage would do better than Fire or Arcane since it is less bursty and more constant.
    It is less about the DPS, and more about Frost being able to stop some of the damage (melee) ... but even then there is a lot of ranged dps coming your way too.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Not sure if I understood the point of the pushing of the Horrific Visions, but I just skipped as much as possible and killed Thrall and got R5 cloak without even trying anything. Cap this week is 6 and it requires a daily massive amount of daily grind and its pointless since next week is allready capped at +1.

What is the main reason for pushing or the risc of losing the easiest upgrade this first week?

The amount of mementos you get is linear, acquiring the bonus sockets is some really long therm goal and it doesnt even matter what you do in the first weeks.

Am I missing anything?
    -

443 Fury Warrior with Rank 4 Cloak 2 Tiers + Thrall, need to wait for my next vessels now.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is less about the DPS, and more about Frost being able to stop some of the damage (melee) ... but even then there is a lot of ranged dps coming your way too.
    Yes and No. The burst phase is too short, so unless you can pull everything and aoe it, you are better off with Frost. You will do less dmg to Boss but far more to trash, meaning, more sanity, more time to regen, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Am I missing anything?
    The usual "Cutting Edge" mentality of "must do everything NOW NOW NOW".

Not sure if I understood the point of the pushing of the Horrific Visions, but I just skipped as much as possible and killed Thrall and got R5 cloak without even trying anything
    You get a 430 item instead of 420 when you do 2 bonus objectives and Thrall. You can skill the tree faster.

Also: fun.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    The usual "Cutting Edge" mentality of "must do everything NOW NOW NOW".
    This is a bit unfair, some people like to push themselves instead of comfortably coasting. When it comes at a price (dying/not finishing) it adds to the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You will do less dmg to Boss but far more to trash, meaning, more sanity, more time to regen, etc...
    Doesn't work that way... the entire limiting factor for a mage is damage taken. Doing that damage in 30 seconds vs 25 seconds makes little difference.

Just moving from my clothie to my less geared druid (balance) and I have no issues at all even though it takes twice as long to kill things.

Because I lose way less health and can self heal.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I understood the point of the pushing of the Horrific Visions, but I just skipped as much as possible and killed Thrall and got R5 cloak without even trying anything. Cap this week is 6 and it requires a daily massive amount of daily grind and its pointless since next week is allready capped at +1.

What is the main reason for pushing or the risc of losing the easiest upgrade this first week?

The amount of mementos you get is linear, acquiring the bonus sockets is some really long therm goal and it doesnt even matter what you do in the first weeks.

Am I missing anything?
    Rank 6 is easily attainable without massive grinding. I've only done the daily stuff/assaults/quest chains and I'll get my Vision for rank 6 today after I clear the refreshed minor assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Rank 6 is easily attainable without massive grinding.
    Almost - my mage just invisible to the guards, kill guards, kill boss ... manage to survive with 80%+ sanity left. That gets me all the way to 5... but NFI how I can do beyond 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Will I be able to get my cloak to rank 6 solo with my current gear, or am I fucked?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...-mill/brolgoth
    Easily. I can do them with 420

iLvl isn't really the key, your class and spec are the key.

If you can deal sufficient damage to kill things without taking much damage yourself - you will be fine.
    If you are dealing mega damage to things, but take damage yourself - you are screwed.

DH at 420 can pretty much farm the place from first go, my arcane mage at iLvl 450 cloak at rank 5 - gets stood on in the medium zones, just splat.
    Pretty much this.
    Being a clothie that has to face tank everything without any semblance of burst is the bomb for this. But sure, let's nerf priests even more because of stupid WF race

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost - my mage just invisible to the guards, kill guards, kill boss ... manage to survive with 80%+ sanity left. That gets me all the way to 5... but NFI how I can do beyond 5.
    I assumed when the guy I quoted said massive grinding, that he meant coalescing visions. You easily get enough this week as long as you do dailies (especially the daily lesser vision quest) and assaults, plus what you get from the initial quest chain. Don't forget the minor assault (Uldum this week) is twice weekly.

Don't forget to use Sanity orbs. They can refill your entire sanity bar and you get three. My plan for my run later today (to get rank 6) is clear yard trash, pop an orb and go into first side zone, clear it, pop an orb before second side zone, clear, then pop last orb and kill thrall. I did one side zone at rank 4, but going from rank 4 to rank 5 gives a big jump in sanity loss reduction and I have more talents unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Don't forget to use Sanity orbs. They can refill your entire sanity bar and you get three.
    Never get to use them on my mage (iLvl 450)... finish the thing at 80% sanity without using any orbs.

On my balance druid (iLvl 440) on the other hand - I live long enough to clear what ever I want and I get to use all three.

Then use orbs to fullheal youself with your mage? Use the remaining sanity for trash? If you know you only need 20% sanitiy for guards + thrall, why dont you eat and clear more?
    You dont get any extra stuff for more leftover sanity. Use everything you got.
    Everything you kill makes it faster finishing the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Then use orbs to fullheal youself with your mage?.
    The orbs don't heal me, they just restore sanity.

why dont you eat and clear more?
    Eating = 300 sanity a pop, and I have to do it 5 times just in the first starting area. In the medium zone - I don't even last a single pull.

I'm comparing me playing mage which I've played for 15 full on vs a druid which I play here and there and is mainly my farmer providing pots to my mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You get a 430 item instead of 420 when you do 2 bonus objectives and Thrall. You can skill the tree faster.

Also: fun.
    My main is at 454 ilvl, I gona pass on the upgrade gear and just keep doing the easy cloak upgrades. If I want "fun" I will just spam M+ keys next week.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-01-18 at 02:14 PM.
    -

The orbs don't heal me, they just restore sanity.

Eating = 300 sanity a pop, and I have to do it 5 times just in the first starting area. In the medium zone - I don't even last a single pull.

I'm comparing me playing mage which I've played for 15 full on vs a druid which I play here and there and is mainly my farmer providing pots to my mage.
    I'm pretty sure the orb healed me in addition to giving sanity.. But can't test it right now, sadly. I may be wrong ofc!

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    The thing is, I don’t even run. I just heroic leap from the side of the first pack on the left. And the ones the sides would be too far to pull with a ranged throw even if I wanted to. I’ll try to pay more attention next time i’m there, to see if it does it again.
    That seems like something wonky is going on to be honest.

Every time I've gone in, I've pulled the trash to the right, walked up to the AH area, and then pulled the guards to there, and I've never aggroed more than the guards.

I'm pretty sure the orb healed me in addition to giving sanity..

Looking forward to Emergency Cranial Defibrillation ... a free rez when I run out of health should make things easier.

Have to get 450 more mementos...

Everything is so focused on sanity - when the limiting factor for me has been health.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-01-18 at 02:24 PM.