Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So the first uniforms for the Space Force have been issued, and:

I'm so happy our men and women in uniform will be safely concealed in the vacuum of space with their jungle camouflage.

When you thought the Chair Force couldn't get Chairier.
    To be a bit fair here, making new uniforms from a new supplier, and that has no other usages than being for a single armed force (where said usage would be only to be a distinction from other forces), would be kind of wasteful.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

I'm so happy our men and women in uniform will be safely concealed in the vacuum of space with their jungle camouflage.

You laugh now, but that camo will come in handy when we deploy the space marines on the forest moon of Endor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    To be a bit fair here, making new uniforms from a new supplier, and that has no other usages than being for a single armed force (where said usage would be only to be a distinction from other forces), would be kind of wasteful.
    That's not 'fair', that's just excusing foolishness.

If you are instituting a new armed service that has significant skepticism, the last thing you want to do is give the impression that it's a cut rate knockoff - and yet, here we are. Jungle camouflage in space and patches on the wrong side.

Next you'll be telling me that this is a qualified lineup of the candidates for the Space Force Chief of Staff:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

That's not 'fair', that's just excusing foolishness.

If you are instituting a new armed service that has significant skepticism, the last thing you want to do is give the impression that it's a cut rate knockoff - and yet, here we are. Jungle camouflage in space and patches on the wrong side.
    It is the military, I'd call most of it cut rate knockoffs

Also what happens if they plummet to earth and ends up in enemy territory? They gonna be running around in bright gold and silver spandex?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the military, I'd call most of it cut rate knockoffs

Also what happens if they plummet to earth and ends up in enemy territory? They gonna be running around in bright gold and silver spandex?
    You have no idea what astronauts wear during spaceflight and reentry, do you.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You have no idea what astronauts wear during spaceflight and reentry, do you.
    I am aware. Which is why that uniform is most likely for bootcamp or day to day activity, which sort of backs my point of being a money saver, instead of having to make all sorts of new stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aware. Which is why that uniform is most likely for bootcamp or day to day activity, which sort of backs my point of being a money saver, instead of having to make all sorts of new stuff.
    And we come back to the point that because the idea of camo on a space force cadet is stupid, it just reinforces how superfluous and silly the idea actually is.

What this does, ultimately, is distill the essence the Trump brand; bold promises with cheap, cut rate results.

And we come back to the point that because the idea of camo on a space force cadet is stupid, it just reinforces how superfluous and silly the idea actually is.

What this does, ultimately, is distill the essence the Trump brand; bold promises with cheap, cut rate results.
    They are military, basically all them wear camo when not in gala uniform or deployed in specific environments that constitutes using different camo/uniforms.

I think you might be reading a bit too much into this

They are military, basically all them wear camo when not in gala uniform or deployed in specific environments that constitutes using different camo/uniforms.

I think you might be reading a bit too much into this
    Well, that was our one collective chance to start using Starfleet-esque uniforms. And it was squandered!

I know its easy to find things as an easy joke but they are only showing the name plates if you actually read the announcement its not the uniform. They just put them on a standard uni for show.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what pisses me off about the "Space Force" more than how unnecessary it is at this time?

The fact that it's being called "Space Force." Like WTF? What an unimaginative name. Just take the USAF Space Command and make it it's own branch. Bam! Sounds pretty cool, "Space Command." Or something more interesting than "Space Force."
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You laugh now, but that camo will come in handy when we deploy the space marines on the forest moon of Endor.
    It'll sure help when they get captured and are fighting in the Wych arenas of Commorragh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Isn't space force just Mike Rogers lobbying to get more military infrustructure in Alabama lol.

The reality of space force is guys sitting in a dark room on really long shifts looking at dotted lines and grids. Might as well let them wear dressing gowns and slippers.

Saying that if GPS fails, the US army would be fucked. I don't know how many satellites you have to knock out to fuck up GPS though.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2020-01-18 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It'll sure help when they get captured and are fighting in the Wych arenas of Commorragh.
    Don't be silly, Guardsman aren't sent to the arena.

Their souls are fed directly to Archons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only covfefe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hes sluring alot more when he talks and has defo started to drag his feet when he walks.
    Okay, this is a completely fair and valid on-topic question since Trump campaigned and ran on "healthiest person ever to run" when "biglieist person to ever run" would be closer to the truth.

How much weight did Trump put on while in office?

Look, we already know he's a fat obese fatass bone spur Double McFatass with a side of flab who can't climb a small hill, but what kind of numbers are we talking about here? He eats poorly (at least he doesn't drink) and doesn't exercise. We do know he gained so much weight, even WH doctors had to call him "obese", but they claimed 243 pounds in February. Trump also claims he's suddenly six-foot-three. Purely for the sake of hilarity, let's find someone who's also six-three, 243 or so, and side by side them.

"Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa, fa-fatass!"

"What the fuck?"

Yeah, apparently, Terry Crews himself is 6'3" 245 lbs.

"Okay no no no no no, no no, no. Crews is clearly an athlete, muscle is more dense, this is blatantly unfair."

...he's also an actor, though. And if you Google six-foot-three 245 you keep getting Terry Crews. I'm not making this up!

"You know damn well what I meant. Find someone else."

Matt Sinclair, running back for --

"No no no. Find a non-athlete."

Okay, I did some digging, and apparently John Wayne's last driver's license said he was six-four, 245. Good enough?

"Yes, John Wayne, great Republican actor."

His last film was The Shootist. Let's see...

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

That doesn't look "about the same" to me. That looks like Trump is significantly heavier.

"Um...but clearly actor Wayne is wearing a truss or girdle or something. He's an actor in costume!"

And that's Trump posing for a photo op. Irrelevant.

In any event, we strongly suspected Trump lied about his health/weight when he was running (Trump running, lol) and we strongly suspect he's lying now. He might be dragging his feet because he's just too old and too weak to lift his massive bulk.

He made his health an issue and he did it in public on purpose. It, therefore, remains a valid issue. And he can't defend himself. Because he's too much of a fatass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Breccia which leaves out that Trump isn't 6'3" with his tallest heels on.
    Yeah, at this point, the exact nature of Trump's lie is pretty much irrelevant. He's as much 6'3" and 243 lbs as I am banging Selma Hayek while posting this reply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You know what pisses me off about the "Space Force" more than how unnecessary it is at this time?

The fact that it's being called "Space Force." Like WTF? What an unimaginative name. Just take the USAF Space Command and make it it's own branch. Bam! Sounds pretty cool, "Space Command." Or something more interesting than "Space Force."
    Well, it is in line with the names of all the other forces.

You know, Air Force, Earth Force, Water Force, Fire Force and Love Force, together they form Captain Planerd!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, at this point, the exact nature of Trump's lie is pretty much irrelevant. He's as much 6'3" and 243 lbs as I am banging Selma Hayek while posting this reply.
    Poor Selma Hayek.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if one of the 3rd party candiates would be willing to buy a scale, unwrap it on stage, and offer to donate a million to a charity (or half a court ordered Trump restitution) if Trump would step on it on live television