Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is there a way to get rid of the cosmetic shadow effect?

The shadow effect you apparently get from corrupted gear. Can I get rid of that without cleansing my gear? Cause it looks really terrible.

If you corruption resistance is higher than your total corruption the effect will go away.

I don’t believe there’s a way to stop showing it otherwise.

What an absolute idiotic thing. I'll have to cleanse the item just so my character doesn't look like shit.

I'd rather have these hints of corruption than a shadowform.

I'd rather have a good patch.

I think they've put it in so you can tell people's corruption level but yeah it's perma void form and it is annoying :/
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I just saw I can't even cleanse it yet because I don't have corrupted mementos on that character. I have to tolerate this until I get them. Who thought this was a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightypoundbox View Post
    I just saw I can't even cleanse it yet because I don't have corrupted mementos on that character. I have to tolerate this until I get them. Who thought this was a good idea.
    It's barely even noticable, try calming down a bit and taking a few deep breaths then get over it, there are so many worse things about this patch than that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's barely even noticable, try calming down a bit and taking a few deep breaths then get over it, there are so many worse things about this patch than that effect.
    If this isn't noticable to you, you need to go see an eye doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this isn't noticable to you, you need to go see an eye doctor.
    It's barely noticable. Unless it gets more intense at higher corruption, which I could see given how the system works. How much corruption you at? Mind posting a screenshot? Now I'm curious. I only used one of the corrupted items I got so it never went very high

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's barely noticable. Unless it gets more intense at higher corruption, which I could see given how the system works. How much corruption you at? Mind posting a screenshot? Now I'm curious. I only used one of the corrupted items I got so it never went very high
    It's not barely noticable. Unless you have problems with your eyes. Stop lying.

It's not barely noticable. Unless you have problems with your eyes. Stop lying.
    Jeez whats your problem? He's genuinely interested in finding out more about your issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think this should have been either a choice or some non-permanent effect, as in appearing once in a minute or two for 10 seconds or so.

So yeah, not a fan really. I'll live, but I can totally see how people who are into mogging and appearances can get vexed.

Quote Originally Posted by imahorse View Post
    Jeez whats your problem? He's genuinely interested in finding out more about your issue.
    No, he's trolling. The effect is always clearly visible even with only one item equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I cleansed.. couldnt stand the stupid effect.

What a stupid idea.

Absolutely unplayable. Those tiny purple things I won't even see most of the time are destroying my game.

OT:
    As far as I know the only ways to get rid of it is to
    A) Rasie your resistances
    B) Cleanse the item.

No, he's trolling. The effect is always clearly visible even with only one item equipped.
    He Asked you for a Screenshot, and at what Level you are. What you are doing is in my Opinion Trolling, because you just whine about it.

I Equipped the first two Items with my Priest as soon as I got them, and went doing stuff with 30 Corruption (Without any Resistance), and the first time I have noticed/seen the Effect was when another Player had all these Tentacle stuff on him, and I wondered what it was. And only with your Thread I even know about the Optic effect of the Corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a fair criticism really. Not sure why people are so triggered there.

We are pretty much expected to spend next 9 months corrupted, so I am not sure why they made this void crap permanent during the patch - it does ruin appearance and there are plenty people who care about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Absolutely unplayable. Those tiny purple things I won't even see most of the time are destroying my game.
    Most people care what their character looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think it's a fair criticism really. Not sure why people are so triggered there.
    Well, to know if its "Fair Critism" or just Overreacting, one would need to see his Situation. As I and some others Pointed out, a minor/reasonable amount of Corruption is almost non noticable.

The Corruption is meant as an Effect to not stack it.