Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

People call DH a brain-dead class become of Demon Blades

Seriously it's the equivalent of removing sinister strike from outlaw rogue and linking all their combo building to passive auto-attack. When switching from demon blades to immolation aura spec we go from zero to three builders (demon bite, immolation aura, eye beam). It requires way more paying attention to resources and cooldowns to pull it off.

If anyone feels like DH are too simple then blame Blizzard for making passive talents superior to actives. Same goes for them nerfing momentum build, the most skill-based DH spec of all.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    and which one is the best talent?

Why would you care what people say?

it's brain dead even without it havoc has the least amount of spells/required keybinds in the game and no real rotation it literally feels like an incomplete spec
    Last edited by gd8; 2020-01-18 at 04:13 PM.

I tried Demon Blades in Legion and I didn't like not having buttons to push. DH's aren't brain dead they are just like any other builder/spender they just have better built in AOE.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Why would you care what people say?
    It's what we in the West have been doing for the past decade. We listen to everyone, even that one person... for some reason, even if that one person is the village idiot - we still listen to that idiot, and make changes for that idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Seriously it's the equivalent of removing sinister strike from outlaw rogue and linking all their combo building to passive auto-attack. When switching from demon blades to immolation aura spec we go from zero to three builders (demon bite, immolation aura, eye beam). It requires way more paying attention to resources and cooldowns to pull it off.

If anyone feels like DH are too simple then blame Blizzard for making passive talents superior to actives. Same goes for them nerfing momentum build, the most skill-based DH spec of all.
    Honestly, the real problem is the class in general. Imagine creating a class called monk and making its niche mobility. Then next you create another class that has stronger mobility, and a 40%dodge chance buff with a cd of like 20secs.

Demon hunters should have never been created, they just needed a new toy for the genji mains adderralled our of their damn minds

I don't care what people think about DHs, generally. It's a comfy class for me, and that's all that matters.

Plus even if it wasn't bitching about the supposedly braindead easy rotation, it'd be bitching about anything else because Demon Hunters are the most recent addition in terms of classes, and those always get the most hate.

That said, I personally never liked Demon Blades myself. Created too much of a gap and I like my DHs being quick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Honestly, the real problem is the class in general. Imagine creating a class called monk and making its niche mobility. Then next you create another class that has stronger mobility, and a 40%dodge chance buff with a cd of like 20secs.

Demon hunters should have never been created, they just needed a new toy for the genji mains adderralled our of their damn minds
    You basically just copied your post from the Demon Hunter wishes thread complaining about how Demon Hunters stole your cake and how they shouldn't exist and everyone who plays them is this or that.

I hate talents like demonblades and momentum, i love demonic appetite and blind fury needs a bit tweaking maybe, it's not as strong as because well, i prefer demonic appetite, i liked when they were a separated row.

People say DH is a brain dead class regardless, i don't mind. I know how much i love my dh. And i have super fun on it. Also what others say about it doesn't really affect me. I have loads of troubles feeling interested on other classes and only monk and mage and dk actually makes me interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't care what people think about DHs, generally. It's a comfy class for me, and that's all that matters.

Plus even if it wasn't bitching about the supposedly braindead easy rotation, it'd be bitching about anything else because Demon Hunters are the most recent addition in terms of classes, and those always get the most hate.

That said, I personally never liked Demon Blades myself. Created too much of a gap and I like my DHs being quick.
    Ye, it's really comfy, makes me want to play it, and even more when most classes are full of GCD's

No, it's mostly because eye-beam into cleave everything is insane and lets you do damage far in excess of what your item level would be if you were playing a different class.

Anyway, damage isn't what sets a good demon hunter apart from a bad one, what sets them apart is use of utility. Are they dropping darkness? Did they use consume magic? Did they bait out a thing and then blur it so they wouldn't get hit? Did they stun that pack at the right time to stop a pile of casts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    No, it's mostly because eye-beam into cleave everything is insane and lets you do damage far in excess of what your item level would be if you were playing a different class.

Anyway, damage isn't what sets a good demon hunter apart from a bad one, what sets them apart is use of utility. Are they dropping darkness? Did they use consume magic? Did they bait out a thing and then blur it so they wouldn't get hit? Did they stun that pack at the right time to stop a pile of casts?
    Totally agreed. The abilities are all the same, but are you doing them correctly? Fury management, know when to pop cds, interrupt and know when to pop darkness, when to imprison stuff. Know when to use certain stuff like trinkets, know what exactly each ability does best. The damage can just come out of pure gear but you never know how skilled that person is or knows the class overall. Like they can just use BiS they see on Bloodmallet and Hero Damage, follows a simple rotation guide somewhere, and you just feel u're ready to go with that tier and that's all. I know demon hunter very well, and i haven't been playing my fullest this expansion solely because i'm not to keen on it, but demon hunter is my top1 still.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Momentum wasn't really skill based. It was just People who dealt with the clunkiness thinking they were somehow pro-gamers because they played a clunky spec.

I honestly love the way DH plays. I feel like I'm always doing something during fights.

Now I do feel the 106 and 110 talent levels need to be upgraded as they are cookie cutter currently.

Most people I know who have tried playing DH seem to quit it fairly quickly. They say its too confusing to play or just can't get used to the "rotation"

simple is not bad, i dislike shaman or monk play, my hand hurts, with frost dk and dh its the perfect spot for me.

Im not playing atm, but as i once wrote between two trinkets, azerite powers and 4,5 rotation buttons + cooldowns there is still enough plenty stuff to press.

edit found my old post :

I’m using
    demon’s bite
    chaos strike
    blade dance
    immolation aura
    eye beam
    “in dungeons occasionally 2 stuns”
    azerite neck skill
    2 trinkets coral and azshara’s

then you have meta cd
    defensive
    mobility skills
    Last edited by denisgsv; 2020-01-21 at 11:40 AM.

It's a simple class and it was purposefully designed to be simple and easy to understand and play. I don't know why that's a bad thing, is this a bad thing? Sometimes people want to play something simple and comfy.

They are simple. Regardless of passive or active abilities to build resources, it’s a excessively simple class to play.
    That said, almost every spec is extremely easy to play, but don’t act like there’s some hidden nuance to DH.

sure dh rotation is piss easy but lets not pretend like most classes are somewhat skill related. we're getting hate rightfully so because we have a bit of everything.
    hard cc in imprison, 2 aoe stuns/1 st stun/purge/race purge plus good defensives even a immunity if you talent into it, can dodge physical abilities, can make boss fights way easier with enough practice...really rotation has nothing to do with it, any class with this package would be desirable in m+ and would attract hate.
    if for example feral had this skillset or even a hard cc like imprison/sap we'd have seen +Feral/dh for some skips, it practically saves a shroud in some situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Demon blades is a terrible talent. The devs should have handled the problem with spamming generators the same way as Rockbiter on Enhance shamans; give Demon's Bite baseline two charges with a cooldown and increased resource generation, then think up a new talent for that tier that might be fun to play.

People actually use demon blades? I would never even consider taking that over immolation aura or any other way to actively control my resource generation. Not to mention it opens you up to having downtime which is boring to me. Either way demon hunter is still one of the simpler classes in the game.