Poll: Did You preferred Vulpera to Gilgoblins

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Pandas are the least popular race though
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

Far, far behind humans, orcs and all the elves. I don't see why anyone would think they would be popular.
    Actually in this particular case, you have to use the combined population of Pandas in both factions as they are available to both. That puts EU pandas at 4.5% and US at 4.4% ,

Which makes them more popular than:

Worgen
    Gnomes
    Goblins
    Dwarves

C
    ertainly not the least popular race.
    Overall, only 3 alliance races are more popular than Pandas, while 5 horde races are more popular than them ( you have to use the combined number for this)

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Actually in this particular case, you have to use the combined population of Pandas in both factions as they are available to both. That puts EU pandas at 4.5% and US at 4.4% ,

Which makes them more popular than:

Worgen
    Gnomes
    Goblins
    Dwarves

C
    ertainly not the least popular race.
    Overall, only 3 alliance races are more popular than Pandas, while 5 horde races are more popular than them ( you have to use the combined number for this)
    They are available for both factions which boosts their already low popularity somewhat. You shouldn't combine the percentages as that just isn't accurate. If worgen were available for horde too, they would still be more popular. Also the allied races haven't been out long enough or aren't different enough to count here.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    They are available for both factions which boosts their already low popularity somewhat. You shouldn't combine the percentages as that just isn't accurate. If worgen were available for horde too, they would still be more popular. Also the allied races haven't been out long enough or aren't different enough to count here.
    Indeed. But you should count the combined population for Pandaren when comparing, the argument is that Pandaren as a race aren't that popular, not thier popularity on a particular faction . Neutrality was a bad idea because the race wasn't popular you implied as you used the graph to count it amongst the lowest , but if it is popularity of the race you must measure all the population of Pandaren, against all the population of worgen, or all the population of human , all the population of goblin - because it is the total populations we are comparing, whether a race appears on one faction or two. because Worgen only appears on 1 faction we don't need to worry about it's population on the other.

ALL the Pandaren is measured against all the Worgen, all the human, all the night elf etc.

Gilgoblins are ugly, just as ugly as the regular goblin. Vulpera is furry shit.. even though im the same as OP, between these two i choose vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Gilgoblins are ugly, just as ugly as the regular goblin. Vulpera is furry shit.. even though im the same as OP, between these two i choose vulpera.
    And did you play one now that it has been released?

You could make that argument about any other race really but Vulpera. Out of all the allied races they are one of if not the most popular. You pretty much lost this battle before you started it.

Nope, who cares about allied races when all is said and done?

Nope, who cares about allied races when all is said and done?
    Lots of people, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Lots of people, clearly.
    Sad, isn't it?

Sad, isn't it?
    Not really, but then I don’t tend to get condescending toward people when they care about stuff I don’t. Call me wacky.

15+ Year Old Account
    I race changed but their on use is so bad. Eeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Most definitely, goblins with gills, seriously? I love goblins, but I did not need "aqua goblins." Every allied race should have been more like the Vulpera instead of customization options. "Ooh, tattoos and antlers!"
    this 100%

Gilgoblins would have been as much of a waste as HM, LF and to a lesser extent, Mechagnomes

If you like ERP, Vulpera is for you.

Such a travesty this race was put into the game. Especially after having to deal with pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    this 100%

Gilgoblins would have been as much of a waste as HM, LF and to a lesser extent, Mechagnomes
    Yep. Every allied race that requires actual effort is a win in my book. I just hope that they end up so insanely popular that Blizzard put more work into any future allied races and don't just slap some gold or new horns/ears on an existing playable race.

Mechagnomes are even pretty trash when you realize only certain gear items shows up on them and you are stuck with gold or brown body parts ruining any possible transmogs you want to attempt. They could have spent a little extra time and gave their mechanical parts more color options or maybe do a paint shop system like the mechano-cat.

Not really, but then I don’t tend to get condescending toward people when they care about stuff I don’t. Call me wacky.
    You're wacky

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    If you like ERP, Vulpera is for you.

Such a travesty this race was put into the game. Especially after having to deal with pandas.
    Taurens exist too you know, don't leave them out from the ERP fandom!

The best part about Vulpera:

Phobic people: "REEEEEEEEEE!!! FURRIES!!!"

Everyone else: "Uh, Tauren have existed since Vanilla, Worgen since cata, and Pandaren since Mists? What's your deal again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Taurens exist too you know, don't leave them out from the ERP fandom!
    And Goldshire Inn tends to be chock full of Draenei and Night Elves.

And Goldshire Inn tends to be chock full of Draenei and Night Elves.
    Draenei... their tails are just gross... reminds me of human tails, that are removed if present on a new born;

I wouldn't have been annoyed if we had gotten Gilgoblins instead of Vulpera, but I'm happy with the result as it is.

What I like about the Vulpera is that they definitely use a lot of Goblin animations, but they don't look like Goblins - that's not to say I hate how Goblins look, because I love Goblins! But, it really sucked for quite a few of the Allied Races basically just being reskins with a few new hairstyles and other unique things (horns, beards, jewelry, etc).

Gilgoblins would have followed that same trend, which would have felt like a slap in the face after seeing how unique the Kul Tirans and Zandalari are compared to their "main" race counterparts. Gilgoblins are basically blue Goblins with finned ears, hands, and feet. I feel like they could have done more to differentiate the Mechagnomes more from regular Gnomes as well (and done something different than the diaper they wear), which is why I like Vulpera better as well. The idea of "a slightly reskinned Allied Race" doesn't sit well with me after seeing some of the new customization options coming in Shadowlands, which are exactly that for the "main" races. It's entirely possible they'll add Gilgoblins as a customization option for Goblins in Shadowlands.

The other problem is that the Gilgoblins don't have a newer model. Lots of people pointed to the addition of female Gilgoblins in Nazjatar, but they use the old Goblin rig, which doesn't match the quality of all the other races now. Hell, the regular Goblins were updated in 8.2 as well, showing just how outdated the older Goblin rig is on Gilgoblins. So they would have had to make new Gilgoblins using the updated Goblin models - they likely wouldn't have been done by 8.3 as well. Mechagnomes were already complete by the time 8.2 was out, and the playable Vulpera models were in the files since the launch of BfA, so they were ready to go.

I can understand why people would have wanted Gilgoblins over Vulpera, though. The Vulpera are outliers among the Allied Races, being the only one that isn't directly related to another race. Gilgoblins would have fit that well, in that case, for sure. A Snapdragon would have worked just fine as their racial mount, and they certainly had a rep associated with them. So, yeah, I get it.

There is one thing that kind of worked out with Vulpera and Mechagnomes being the Allied Races in 8.3 that wouldn't have worked if it had been Gilgoblins instead. Both races belong to an area of the islands in BfA that was previously not entirely allied with their respective factions until they became Allied Races:
    -Vol'dun was not part of the Zandalari Empire, since it was a place where criminals were exiled. The rest of Vol'dun was controlled by the Vulpera, Sethrak, and Tortollans. Now that the Vulpera are allied with the Horde, more of Zandalar is under the banner of the Horde.
    -Mechagon was a neutral island, but still part of Kul Tiras' island chain. With the Mechagnomes joining the Alliance, the entirety of Kul Tiras' zones is under the banner of the Alliance now.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.