Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wrathion & Ebonhorn... What about Sabellian?

I was doing the new patch quests and while in the Heart Chamber Wrathion and Ebonhorn had a quick exchange of dialogue (which I didn't screen shot) where Wrathion says that Ebon is his only/last brother. What about Sabellian? https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sabellian DRAGON PARTY.

Fun fact: While googling the dragon I came across "Sabellianism is the belief that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three different modes or aspects of God, as opposed to a Trinitarian view of three distinct persons within the Godhead." 3 aspects of a god... 3 dragons... I'm grasping for straws, but thought it was worth mentioning.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean you would think that Wrathion would've searched Outland for his kin but apparently not.

He was probably more busy being a deus ex machina with legendaries and such.../shrug

may be they just dont know that Sabellian exists??

...for that matter what purpose does Wrathion have to go to outland....can we even canonically go back to Outland? WoD disrupted the portal and we technically can only go there for game play reasons so the question is...Can NOT us go to outland?

They probably just forgot about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

it may be that Blizz forgot that Sabellian exists

Obviously he choked on a hot dog and died offscreen.

Like honest answer, I don't think the lore department cares about Sabellian, otherwise they would have written him in by now.

As for in universe explanation, I guess that Sabellian got wind of Wrathion's search and has just decided to keep a low profile, just relaxing away from the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...for that matter what purpose does Wrathion have to go to outland....can we even canonically go back to Outland? WoD disrupted the portal and we technically can only go there for game play reasons so the question is...Can NOT us go to outland?
    Given that Thrall goes there during his retirement and Saurfang gets him back, there's no evidence that travel to Outland is compromised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    I was doing the new patch quests and while in the Heart Chamber Wrathion and Ebonhorn had a quick exchange of dialogue (which I didn't screen shot) where Wrathion says that Ebon is his only/last brother. What about Sabellian? https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sabellian DRAGON PARTY.

Fun fact: While googling the dragon I came across "Sabellianism is the belief that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three different modes or aspects of God, as opposed to a Trinitarian view of three distinct persons within the Godhead." 3 aspects of a god... 3 dragons... I'm grasping for straws, but thought it was worth mentioning.
    Wrathion and Ebonhorn has never been to Outland and no one has informed him of Sabellian.

- - - Updated - - -

We shut down the AU portal, our portal is still in working order.

7+ Year Old Account
    blizzard have a hard time to remember things pre wod, they just invent or change things on the spot

He is safe there forgotten tough, safe from the bad writing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    blizzard have a hard time to remember things pre wod, they just invent or change things on the spot

Let's hope it stays that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...for that matter what purpose does Wrathion have to go to outland....
    I thought Deathwing had a lair in Outland. Maybe down the road they'll cross paths there for some yet to be determined reason? Nether drakes might also stir Wrathions curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

---Wrathion states, "To my knowledge, I am the only black dragon who remains." Thankfully, Wrathion is not omniscient, and he is simply ignorant of the dragons beyond the Dark Portal. Both the black dragons under his elder half-brother Sabellian and the Netherwing flight remain in Outland. There is also the possibility that some black dragons on Azeroth have managed to evade Wrathion's detection as well.---

This I can accept. Better to have Sabellian off the radar than forgotten about. Then again, the same thing could be said about any character "X doesn't know about Y, which will lead to Z". Dragon isles are still out there...
    Last edited by Derpules; 2020-01-19 at 07:15 PM.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade no longer exists as far as Blizzard is concerned.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Sabellian is corrupted so Wrathion either killed him or he's in hiding not much more to do with him.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#A...wers_-_Round_3
    Thankfully, Wrathion is not omniscient, and he is simply ignorant of the dragons beyond the Dark Portal. Both the black dragons under his elder half-brother Sabellian and the Netherwing flight remain in Outland. There is also the possibility that some black dragons on Azeroth have managed to evade Wrathion's detection as well.

I mean, he didn't know about Ebonhorn either, did he?

Edit: Plus, do we know for sure there Sabellian is really uncorrupt? I mean he's not fully transformed into anything, but no guarantee that every experiment has to end that way.

Died on his way back to his home planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Probably all the staff turnover, new guys prob view it as a job, older guys wrote the stuff, so they're not gonna miss as much stuff ( though Afrisiabi does need his note book to keep track of things). Can you imagine Ion weighing in on lore, I don't remember him actually caring that much about it from Elitstjerks days, I can imagine him sitting in on meetings and going, oh.. why don't we just do this - his mind totally on efficiency and expediency as a systems designer, rather than on substance, lore and creativity of the story.

I can also imagine if a lot of the guys in it are like that, it's no wonder we get some very dubious decisions.

For the lore to have been better quality, we needed some for the most powerful guys on the team to have driven the lore, - but what do I know, I don't work there.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-01-20 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    it may be that Blizz forgot that Sabellian exists
    I was thinking maybe this...or like others have said maybe he didn't want to/can't go to Outland?

I mean Sabellian hasn't had anything to do with him since BC...they could have forgotten.