Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Could, but not everyone went there enough for that. Some people don't like Naz. Some people don't do raiding, not even LFR. The game is so much more than itemlevel to some people, so again, just because you don't get it doesn't mean others don't.
    Gear basically falls from the sky from pretty much any kind of content, unless all you do is pet battle and farm islands, which.... kinda weird but hey to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No I can't. Barely escape the basics without dying.... all well and good for tank types etc, but where is the 3 per run heal myself to 100% button? Nope - just a sanity button. For me to heal to max, I have to find a safe area and eat food - that's around 300 sanity just to heal myself.

Now I have the 40% reduction in sanity loss, and the 3 sanity resets - I can probably afford to do that once or twice a run.
    The orb also heals you. Drop it and then pull mobs to it to save some time. I didn't have any particular issues doing a medium area on my 2nd run on my mage(or priest/shaman/druid for that matter), just need to play better and/or have better gear.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I actually failed one thrall kill with level 1 cloak on my monk. It was alt with only rank 1 essences and 410 ilvl. You have to remember that Thrall hits about 18k so you have to be able to do pretty decent dps on him if you dont have really good heals.
    If it's your first attempt I think it's designed so you fail. I've been noticing on some of my toons that start him with around 60% sanity are still failing because the lower Thrall's health goes the less my damage was doing for some reason. If you have insanely high gear then maybe, but it's suppose to be more of a "tutorial" to show you and get you to understand that this isn't going to be an easy scenario and you'll need to research things to get better unlike something like Chromie where some were able to clear it with no buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    thrall/alleria till rank 5, for rank 6 you need to do one of the side zones

- - - Updated - - -

why bank visions? you get 1 per week for doing a nzoth assault and its capped on rank 6 and increasing by 1 rank every week
    Because later cloak levels require more vision runs than you can get in 1 week, so having some banked up helps speed it up. The weekly cap basically does nothing past roughly level 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If it's your first attempt I think it's designed so you fail. I've been noticing on some of my toons that start him with around 60% sanity are still failing because the lower Thrall's health goes the less my damage was doing for some reason. If you have insanely high gear then maybe, but it's suppose to be more of a "tutorial" to show you and get you to understand that this isn't going to be an easy scenario and you'll need to research things to get better unlike something like Chromie where some were able to clear it with no buffs.
    I've never been anywhere near failing on the first try(just kill either left or right side pack, then the 2 guards, then Thrall. Stealth to guards if your class can do so instead), but my characters also aren't fresh 120s(all the ones I've done so far have been 435+ equipped) so maybe that's it. It's not so much designed to have you fail as it is designed to not punish failing that first time at all(because you're not working on cloak upgrades yet)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-01-18 at 06:25 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    And that should really, really not be your concern. Let other people make choices for themself please.
    It very much is Blizzard's concern, though, because they'd get the blame if anybody does get problems for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I've never been anywhere near failing on the first try, but my characters also aren't fresh 120s(all the ones I've done so far have been 435+ equipped) so maybe that's it. It's not so much designed to have you fail as it is designed to not punish failing that first time at all(because you're not working on cloak upgrades yet)
    If you are 435+ then you are heroic to mythic geared so of course it won't be hard to do. That isn't the intended audience for intro level stuff. A lot of this is designed with 410 people in mind which is usually set up for fail for some classes and specs due to how they are designed. That's what I meant by being designed so you fail as you gain nothing if you do beat it, but you still get enough to get the orbs so you can go in with a better grasp and understanding of the place like a tutorial. If it wasn't designed in a way so you were likely meant to fail then it would give a cloak rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Nazjatar and LFR could get you 420 ilvl.
    I don't see how people can be under 420ish unless it's the freshest of alts (which, Korraks, so lol) or someone who didn't play 8.2. Either way it's so easy to get decent gear that I don't get why people would risk runs at 400 when you can get to 415-425 in a few more days.
    It's pretty simple you get 385 from Nazjatar and WQ's with some emissaries giving up to 415. So being below that is pretty easy. Not everyone is going to run raids or instances on their alts to keep them "geared". Not everyone is going to run LFR either do so. You mention Nazjatar getting you 420, but that takes Benthic pearls which again people aren't going to farm on each too just to get. It makes absolutely no sense to especially when people knew that in 8.3 there would be 410's dropping from the new content with 400-440 from caches.

Just because you feel the need to keep all your alts geared doesn't mean everyone always will especially if they aren't seeing raid action. People want to use their alts in the new content simply because they want, but that doesn't mean they will play content further than that to keep geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's shitty design.

"Do difficult things to get better rewards" is progressive difficulty design. "Risk not getting a reward at all to maybe get a better reward" is gambling.
    Once you are at the "collect book pages" quests you can take all the risk you want. Quests roll over to the next week. At some time you will have to actually beat a vision, but you're not gonna lose back progress by failing.

It's pretty simple you get 385 from Nazjatar and WQ's with some emissaries giving up to 415. So being below that is pretty easy. Not everyone is going to run raids or instances on their alts to keep them "geared". Not everyone is going to run LFR either do so. You mention Nazjatar getting you 420, but that takes Benthic pearls which again people aren't going to farm on each too just to get. It makes absolutely no sense to especially when people knew that in 8.3 there would be 410's dropping from the new content with 400-440 from caches.
    Which just goes to confirm the claims made by Jazzhand. Significant upgrades to 400 are easily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Once you are at the "collect book pages" quests you can take all the risk you want. Quests roll over to the next week. At some time you will have to actually beat a vision, but you're not gonna lose back progress by failing.
    No, you can't. You'll fall behind if you're not saving up as many keys as you can each week, because later weeks require more than 1 week's worth of Vision runs to complete the quest.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which just goes to confirm the claims made by Jazzhand. Significant upgrades to 400 are easily available.
    That wasn't the point of the post. They said they didn't understand how people were below 420 which at this point is still significantly easy. Most people's alts are going to be in the 400-405 range because they are still in 385 benthic gear and the first cache drops a guaranteed 440 to introduce you to corruption gear and the cleansing system. After that the caches scale and can award you 400 gear (out of about 6 runs myself and a friend doing 4) they were all getting that unless their ilvls were in the 410+ range. Some at 400 got 440 at some points to so it's a mixed bag and nothing guaranteed.

The only way to get in the 420 range right now is if you A) Run Mythic+ B) Farm Benthic pearls for upgrades C) Run the raid which again not many are going to do.

With that said though my frost DK at 400 ilvl was able to do all of a medium side minus the final boss (was low on sanity at -20%) and Thrall. This was at Rank 1 of the cloak since I was messing around on an alt due to if I didn't get the upgrade it wasn't going to be the end of the world.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-01-18 at 06:47 PM.

Failed once by getting COCKY pulling etc in first room. Boy i regretted it for soloing and realizing it can be 5 mans.

I have to remind myself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Boy i regretted it for soloing and realizing it can be 5 mans.
    You can do it with 1-5 people BUT you will want to figure out which method you will be doing it early on. If you are consistently doing it with a group then make sure on the second row you choose the right side as it is designed more for group play. If you plan on solo'ing it a lot then the left side because it penalizes you if you are grouped with others.

I believe even with the scaled health / damage it is still easier to do with a group since you can revive. The main thing to remember in a group though is that the 3 orbs are shared for everyone so you only get 3 and not 3 x party members. Make sure to have people stack near it when it's dropped or it can mess up your run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, that's really cool until you realize that you need keys to do visions. And the higher ranks require more than 1 week's worth of keys.
    I think you are capped at 3 easy visions to get per week and to get a 4th you have to do a lot of grinding too.

I got cocky and pulled Misha after clearing the two side areas and failed my 5th run before I got to pull Thrall, and still got my cloak upgrade item. I had an upgrade item in both the Garona and the left side room chests at the end. I just wasn't allowed to pick both of them up, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    He's still correct though, you're not playing 8.2 content if you're someone still at 400-410 ilvl.
    So having fun in Mechagon (edit for clarification: Mechagon the island, not the dungeon) or doing the latest pet battle dungeon, both of which were released with 8.2, doesn't count as doing 8.2 content? Eh? Neither place drastically increases your itemlevel, even if you do everything there. But I don't see anyone complaining about not being geared for this new stuff. I'm sure there are some that will do it, but that's not the point. I was commenting on Jazz not knowing how people could be less than 420 at this point.

Gear basically falls from the sky from pretty much any kind of content, unless all you do is pet battle and farm islands, which.... kinda weird but hey to each their own.
    Heeeey, you DO get it. Congratulations

Now don't make more comments like the one I originally quoted, mkay?
    Last edited by Throwme; 2020-01-18 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    So having fun in Mechagon (edit for clarification: Mechagon the island, not the dungeon) or doing the latest pet battle dungeon, both of which were released with 8.2, doesn't count as doing 8.2 content? Eh? Neither place drastically increases your itemlevel, even if you do everything there. But I don't see anyone complaining about not being geared for this new stuff. I'm sure there are some that will do it, but that's not the point. I was commenting on Jazz not knowing how people could be less than 420 at this point.

Heeeey, you DO get it. Congratulations

Now don't make more comments like the one I originally quoted, mkay?
    Mechagon, the island, is actually the easiest way to get rings and trinkets for alts/returning players/people who don't do any form of instanced content.

Gear comes from almost anything you do in game. Unless you're only playing 5% of what this game has to offer, you would be 420 without even trying. My boosted rogue hit 416 in like two weeks before I abandon it because combat is a shit spec.

If you're only playing 5% of the game, cool beans have fun, but don't complain when you can't do content that requires gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    He's still correct though, you're not playing 8.2 content if you're someone still at 400-410 ilvl.
    Really? Because I played all of 8.2 except for Normal+ on Eternal Palace and Mechagon and all of my alts were 395-400 range with the exception of my main who I ran some M+ on and did some heroic warfronts with and she was at 420. So you can play all of 8.2 and not be in the 400-410 range. Yeah there's Benthic upgrades, but why waste pearls on something you know will be wasted next patch and save up for the cosmetics/essences?

Essentially there is more to 8.2 than running M+ and raids.

Hm....which zone is this in? I haven't seen any gear fall from the sky. Granted that zone must hurt if you are getting hit with gear all the time.

Jokes aside, see above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Because I played all of 8.2 except for Normal+ on Eternal Palace and Mechagon and all of my alts were 395-400 range with the exception of my main who I ran some M+ on and did some heroic warfronts with and she was at 420. So you can play all of 8.2 and not be in the 400-410 range. Yeah there's Benthic upgrades, but why waste pearls on something you know will be wasted next patch and save up for the cosmetics/essences?

Essentially there is more to 8.2 than running M+ and raids.

Hm....which zone is this in? I haven't seen any gear fall from the sky. Granted that zone must hurt if you are getting hit with gear all the time.

Jokes aside, see above.
    Mains are largely what I'm referring to. Alts are an entirely different game.

Mains are largely what I'm referring to. Alts are an entirely different game.
    Well here you stated:

I don't see how people can be under 420ish unless it's the freshest of alts (which, Korraks, so lol) or someone who didn't play 8.2. Either way it's so easy to get decent gear that I don't get why people would risk runs at 400 when you can get to 415-425 in a few more days.
    Which you can have alts under 400 still even if they aren't freshest. Freshest alts should be ~285ish minimum if you have heirloom's only. Though it's not too bad to get them to ~340ish with every slot being 385 minus rings/trinkets. Which sucks because for the most part you have to rely on World Quests to be up or craft (though that is wasted money for me). It'd be nice if they had a ring/trinket catchup as well. Supposedly assaults can drop them too (BoA), but I haven't seen or heard them actually drop.