Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Is the Sub even worth it?

I know i'll get the "just unsub if you're unhappy" people, but i don't give up on a game thats been apart of my life for a decade that easily. I'm just so upset with WoW and BFA. It feels like such an empty dissapointment, just filled with endless numbers and systems that are the exact opposite of the direction they said they wanted to push us away from with endless numbers in legion, 8.3 has been an absolute mess. It's shown just how blind they are to quality control and bugs. Subconsciously i think Activision is just gutting Blizzard for everything they have. It's no secret the WoW team is behind, they have to be REALLY behind for things to be like this. For the first time in 10 years im thinking about quitting for awhile. Honestly just really upset with what they've done to the game, do you guys feel the same frustrations? I feel like alot of people are leaving the game.

If you didn't enjoy 8.2 you won't enjoy 8.3.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I subbed, got to the part where you had to clear an assault, saw 1% per kill and no'ped out of there with a (thank god) full refund.

Glad I did too, the amount of negativity for this patch has eclipsed BfA as a whole.

Oh well, that's what happens when shareholders are first and your players are second ^o^

I havent played since basically October, a few weeks after we got the Curve achievement (hc-only guild) and everybody just took a break. Started now again with 8.3 and was looking forward to getting the cloak and prep for the upcoming raid next week, but let me tell you... I have played since Vanilla and this is the FIRST time I felt like, wtf this is not really that fun anymore... I am seriously considering breaking my Curve streak and just call it a day with this exp and possibly the whole game. I havent even done a proper Vision yet, my cloak is at rank 1 and while I see the guildies pushing 5+ now, I cant muster strength to do it myself... I am bored, sad and very confused... I want to like this and I WAS looking forward to 8.3 and the last raid of the expansions but somehow, it's not there for me... I dunno what to say but I guess my advice (if you are hesitant and unsure) is to simply not play 8.3. Go on a massive break and perhaps that will light your fire for the upcoming expansion.. I dunno... I am considering that myself and it's the last thing I thought I'd ever do!

I doubt if Activision is really any different from any other corporation. Everything in life has its' season, if you enjoy their product then great, buy it otherwise do something different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanz View Post
    I know i'll get the "just unsub if you're unhappy" people, but i don't give up on a game thats been apart of my life for a decade that easily. I'm just so upset with WoW and BFA. It feels like such an empty dissapointment, just filled with endless numbers and systems that are the exact opposite of the direction they said they wanted to push us away from with endless numbers in legion, 8.3 has been an absolute mess. It's shown just how blind they are to quality control and bugs. Subconsciously i think Activision is just gutting Blizzard for everything they have. It's no secret the WoW team is behind, they have to be REALLY behind for things to be like this. For the first time in 10 years im thinking about quitting for awhile. Honestly just really upset with what they've done to the game, do you guys feel the same frustrations? I feel like alot of people are leaving the game.
    Take a break, you probably burnt out. Many people take breaks from the game when they feel there is nothing that they like about situation for that time. It's also ok to call it quits as well. The second I feel like I'm really done I'll walk away and never come back.

Only you and each person individually can decide if $15/mo is worth it for you. I can't see how it's worth it for a casual player. Most of the rewards you have to spend weeks acquiring and that's your whole $15. But a more of a WoW only hobbyist obviously it's worth it to them. Also if you make a lot of money, it's not a big deal to throw them $15 a month to play the characters you've had for years.

It's kind of tough to compare it to other entertainment, someone can say I can watch all of Netflix for the same price. Yes you can, but I find it's better to compare the current value of WoW to previous eras, it's closer to an apples to apples.

In both WoD and BFA, I was unsubbed more time than I was subbed. Legion I was subbed for a long time. I think a few things contributed to that. Legendaries being able to pop up anywhere doing anything made ALL of the activities of the game slightly more compelling and no activity felt useless. I'd be more inclined to PVP, or run some heroics, etc. Also, probably the biggest factor, was collecting all of the artifact skins, mounts and titles for each alt and doing the class campaigns.

In BFA, there's really not a whole lot of reasons to play alts, in fact, it's actually much more of a pain in the ass that it should be. Legion I wanted to see each class campaign story. I did all of the Mage Tower skin challenges, I got the mounts and titles. All of that was worth it to me.

I don't see how visions are going to compel me to do them. It's just more gear. No cool limited time skins like Mage Tower. Also I'm pretty restricted from playing alts. 8.3 is a one month sub and done patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    If you didn't enjoy 8.2 you won't enjoy 8.3.
    Exactly this.

The simple answer is no. Wow is just stuck in a terrible state right now. The class design is terrible. Everything feels like a grind. The game itself feels and plays very uninspired. I'd wait until the next xpac. If you leave you can always come back

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I subbed, got to the part where you had to clear an assault, saw 1% per kill and no'ped out of there with a (thank god) full refund.

Glad I did too, the amount of negativity for this patch has eclipsed BfA as a whole.

Oh well, that's what happens when shareholders are first and your players are second ^o^
    You do realize the bar fills up while doing all the dailies in the area. you will always finish the bar before you get the quests done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring that you already know the answer. And ignoring that you have decided that your opinions are facts. What exactly are you looking for from us? Validation for your feelings? Permission for your actions? Do or Do not. The choice, is yours and yours alone.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Only subbing 1 month then I'm gone until like a month till pre-patch just same old same old

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, only you know the answer that you seek. We can all say yes, and no but in the end, you'll make the choice you want to.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by zenzaliv View Post
    You do realize the bar fills up while doing all the dailies in the area. you will always finish the bar before you get the quests done.
    Well, I mean that's nice but it's not enough. It's all more of the same, the classes are still terrible, the push for TONS of time played metrics is ever present.

In the light of the other thread, it's not surprise tthreads like this are going to come up. Read my response in the other thread.

How this will pan out

I to feel even less inclined to play this game on hearing that news, but I would have dimissed it if I wasn't seeing indications of sub-standard quality in 8.3 -- simply speaking, if people keep playing in 8.3, Activision knows you're willing to spend the same amount of money for less. These people omnly follow numbers, blindly, they can't read trends or anticipate how people will act intuitely, they base most of this all on statistics, because they're blind and only interestedin faster schemes to make money. Stop subscribing and you will catch their attention.

However, this thread will likely be closed or merged if it ends up just being another vent/concern topic, which the other thread takes care of.

These "is X worth it" threads should be automatically locked, imo. Guess what - the "worth" of anything is fucking SUBJECTIVE.

It's absofuckinglutely worth it to me. Based on the fact that you felt the need to create a pointless thread, it's NOT worth it for you. And the fact that you need forum to tell you that is somewhat pathethic, just saying.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

I know i'll get the "just unsub if you're unhappy" people, but i don't give up on a game thats been apart of my life for a decade that easily.
    This is a good mindset to avoid. If you're no longer enjoying the game, stop playing it. There's thousands of other games out there, and nothing is stopping you from coming back at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    These "is X worth it" threads should be automatically locked, imo. Guess what - the "worth" of anything is fucking SUBJECTIVE.

It's absofuckinglutely worth it to me. Based on the fact that you felt the need to create a pointless thread, it's NOT worth it for you. And the fact that you need forum to tell you that is somewhat pathethic, just saying.
    Guaranteed all you do is LFR and World Quests, so of course the game is "worth it" to you - you don't actually play it. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Guaranteed all you do is LFR and World Quests, so of course the game is "worth it" to you - you don't actually play it. lmao
    Tried some world quests, but I kept dying, so had to go back to LFR I'm afraid, so people like you can carry my unskilled ass.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.