Do we have some solid video proof of the actual hack taking place? I remember the whole "you can lose all your equipped items if you trade with a hacker" thing, and that turned out to be a load of bull.

Edit: Ah nvm, I think I found a video.

Thankfully I stopped player a while ago so my items are safe.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-12-24 at 04:40 AM.

I was playing a couple weeks ago when I had raging toothache, it managed to keep my mind off it mostly and its the sort of game you can just randomly stop and generally be alright. I haven't bothered power levelling and exploiting like most ppl seem to have so my dude is still only level 102, the last time i played i was still trying to find the stimpack diffusers the recipe or just someone selling them, but i did not succeed and the event, well. not many ppl seem to bother doing arktos even if they do its never flawless which is how you get the recipe.

I think all these games suffer from a simple problem once the main story is done, all you do is wander around completing side quests and claiming a majority stake in everything not nailed down. this can be a game in itself, but not a very interesting one. this is the same for all fallouts and skyrim. you complete the main story and spend the rest of your time, becoming extremely wealthy and also pretty much a demi god. then the game gets boring. you're ultimately left with two choices, start again, or continuing the power creep.

even though i've played mostly solo, I still don't mind the game, I enjoyed exploring all the set pieces but they also ran out eventually. for me i was interested in jumping back in when wastelanders comes out, if only to explore whats changed. exploration does it for me, just the ability to pick a direction and find out, whats over there. without being guided into it or told to go there. going back as far as fallout 1 and 2, i liked that once you left the vault or arroyo you could just pick where you go, that is what I like about these games. and probably why fallout 76 didn't really disappoint me as much as it seems to have others. because to me, this game has the most option when it comes to this exact playstyle. I like to play these games as if I were a wastelander or explorer/adventurer, not a min/max power gamer. I try to ignore that. I do end up falling into the trap often, but ill always go back to that aimless wandering and letting things just play out.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-12-24 at 06:53 PM.

I'm curious for all the people that got their items stolen, Bethesda told them to submit a ticket. Did they actually manage to get their stuff back or did they just receive another 500 atoms in compensation?

Either way, there might be enough new scandals to make another "The Fall of 76" video now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing about all this is the fact, that we can be pretty sure Bethesda made a massive profit off of Fallout 76. And even with the amount of bullshit and incompetence we see every day people keep on playing and paying, you can be sure that Fallout 1st membership sales went up in the wake of the latest hacking revelations.

The future looks grim,

A lot of consumers just lack principles and refuse to boycott something even when it's obvious that they're being taken for a ride. I'd attribute a lot of it to a combination of nostalgia, a lack of critical thinking and an unwillingness to step out and explore other games/genres.

Quote Originally Posted by Ochinko View Post
    The sad thing about all this is the fact, that we can be pretty sure Bethesda made a massive profit off of Fallout 76. And even with the amount of bullshit and incompetence we see every day people keep on playing and paying, you can be sure that Fallout 1st membership sales went up in the wake of the latest hacking revelations.

The future looks grim,
    Gaming going mainstream and overtaking movies in revenue was really the moment it became a no loss scenario. When the core audience that played games became a minority for what companies call "the watercooler gamer" or "the light use heavy spender" the bar plummeted because there was now a much larger audience willing to pay for any scam because of a brand or because a streamer dropped a list of focus tested trigger payload keywords like "get hype" and "join the blank army". The traditional enthusiast counts for base sales. But the modern mainstream consumer want bright colours and things they recognise they can clap at and thats the only thing that matters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thats what I meant, you just expressed it better. I weep for all of the old school / serious gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Wastelanders slowly comes over the horizon, Bethesda announces the upcoming closure of Vault 94.

Last year, we were excited to open the door to Vault 94 and bring you repeatable high-level content in the form of Vault Raids. Through community feedback we’ve received and our own monitoring since that time, we’ve decided that Vault 94 and its Missions are not delivering the quality of experience that we had hoped to provide. As a result, we are currently planning to shut down Vault 94 alongside the release of the Wastelanders update.

While that update is still a little ways off, we wanted to give you early notice so that you still have plenty of time to complete some more Vault Missions if you so choose before we seal up Vault 94 indefinitely. When the Vault is disabled, we are planning to make all of its rewards, including the exclusive Power Armor sets and Vault Steel, achievable through other means. We don’t have information to share on how and where you will be able to earn those rewards right now. Be sure to keep an eye out for those details when Wastelanders arrives.

Thank you to everyone who participated in Vault 94 Missions, shared feedback with us, and submitted bug reports. We’re looking forward to bringing more high-level experiences to the game in future updates.
    I never completed it. Anyone have opinions on the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As Wastelanders slowly comes over the horizon, Bethesda announces the upcoming closure of Vault 94.

I never completed it. Anyone have opinions on the matter?
    I thought the Dead in the Water raid mode was pretty well designed. Minimal RNG, plenty of strats and locations to learn to maximize your limited time. Required taking full advantage of everything in the game and even possible to solo the hardest difficult with a perfect setup and execution. Bit of a bullet sponge 'boss' but they were working with what they had I guess.

Another vault mode was pretty meh. And meltdown was literally cancer that should in no way have made it passed development. Literally just random hide and seeking some small access cards in all four sections. Nothing fun about it.

Rewards were pretty meh. A lot of effort for very little niche reward. Seems like the team is overly obsessed with limiting power creep even though this game does not seem to be a long term type. Doubt it will last much longer.

But still, unrefined content is still better than no content at all. Not sure why they wouldn't just leave it in the game and let the few people who enjoy it play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    A lot of consumers just lack principles and refuse to boycott something even when it's obvious that they're being taken for a ride. I'd attribute a lot of it to a combination of nostalgia, a lack of critical thinking and an unwillingness to step out and explore other games/genres.
    Or, god forbid, maybe some people just like some things other people don't like.

Listen, I think Fallout 76 is the biggest pile of bug-ridden shit that Bethesda has ever cranked out and arguably the worst game/biggest disappointment of 2018. But if other people enjoy it, get their money's worth out of it, that's their right. Who are you to sit on your ass and write a micro-dissertation on what must be fundamentally wrong with a human being for enjoying a game you don't?

Because everything you've ever liked is flawless high art, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Doubt it will last much longer.
    They put too much effort into Wastelanders. So...a year.

I personally had the game gifted and I still play it from time to time, maybe I'm just lucky but I have honestly not experienced the majority of gamebreaking bugs other people saw. The game is mismanaged, it also has issues with cheaters and such, but if you can immerse yourself and simply wander this huge map, exploring with other players, and such then the game is simply put quite entertaining. But you need the ability to immerse yourself in your character, to live them.

If you can't do that and simply look at FO76 as any other game the experience will be a bit empty since the game relies heavily on immersion to be captivating.
    Being one of the last survivors in the area, finding all these notes and holotapes from those who lived before, discovering how the world changed since the bombs fell, making a new home for yourself, etc.

They put too much effort into Wastelanders. So...a year.
    Putting Bethesda and Effort together left a nasty after taste...

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Putting Bethesda and Effort together left a nasty after taste...
    Dude dont toy with me like this. Every time this thread jumps to the first page, I expect something juicy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I expect something juicy.
    Some of the rumors have been kind of juicy, but at this point, rumors only.

From what Bethesda has said re: Watoga and Space Station, it's suggested that the Settler faction is more active on the west side of the map and the Raiders east. Given the raider camp locations, this makes sense. I'm looking forward to go all-in Settler, because living in a fancy sparkly crashed space station doesn't make siding with asshole murderers any more appealing.

Some of the rumors seem very believable, as they are modest updates to the game like "legendary powers and perk cards are tuned" and "you can make bulk ammo now". I haven't seen a registry of who's who showing up that I believe yet, other than everyone expects to see the Overseer.

There's a ton of pretty blatantly false info out there. The nature of Fallout 76 means "you get a follower who hangs out at your camp" seems unrealistic at best. I also expect the Communist faction is fiction as well.

EDIT: Before anyone points out the Wastelander official info and talks about companions at your camp being something they promised, let me remind you this is Bethesda we're talking about. Instanced conversations yes, outworld no. Calling it now.

While I don't play on PC and therefore will not be part of the PTR testing ever, I would find it both unlikely and disappointing if Wastelanders came out with no new weapons, ammo, or weapon mods. I mean, if nothing else, this is the time to make craftable/legendary chainsaws, seriously Bethesda where is the chainsaw plan? If the patch/faction benefits are just more outfits and paint jobs, it won't just be me that's upset.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-01-29 at 08:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to meet the characters before choosing a Faction. But the raiders seem to be more interesting
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I'd have to meet the characters before choosing a Faction.
    There are differing opinions on the number of factions. The screenshots suggest two, but we've heard there might be the Cult of the Mothman, the Enclave Secret Service, and others. Hopefully, you'll have something you like.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are differing opinions on the number of factions. The screenshots suggest two, but we've heard there might be the Cult of the Mothman, the Enclave Secret Service, and others. Hopefully, you'll have something you like.
    I mean, if the Cult of the Mothman is a thing, why would anyone choose anythng else?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

if i wasn't worried about what new horrific bug might happen, i'd like to play 76 to see what wastelanders is like.

but i'm too worried that one day i'll login to have my character's entire skin replaced with the social security numbers of every person in my family and my entire genetic lineage back to 1800.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never, under any circumstances, encourage cheating or exploiting in a game.

Even this easy to duplicate unlimited CAMP budget bug that requires little more than the powered gates plan.

Nope.

So in the meantime, I'm trying to decide if my scorched-killing weapons -- the zealot's legendary ones with prime receivers -- will be worth it once Wastelanders rolls out. On the one hand, there's no release date yet, so keeping them for Scorched Earth runs could still be worthwhile. On the other hand, not only does Wastelanders strongly suggest the Scorched will be a far more minor nuisance, but there's no mention from Bethesda of more storage space (rumors only), and I could probably clear out the attic some.

I guess what I really need is to sit down with a spreadsheet and some formulas and make a list of the "best" weapons. Maybe it's already out there, some kind of "most damage per pound of ammo carried" or "most damage per lead" or something.