Poll: Burning Crusade in 2021?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Why is the word "new" in the title?
    Probably for click-bait

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You call my post ignorant and stupid, but you're literally making me face palm with your terrible, atrocious logic. From my perspective you're the one who has no bloody clue.
    My post literally says, verbatim "I don’t think TBC servers will ever happen, unless they actually have backups of the servers available and can just plant them into Classic."

Like, how you even brought anything relating to the business side of things into it is anyone's guess. You're in your own little illiterate world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    My post literally says, verbatim "I don’t think TBC servers will ever happen, unless they actually have backups of the servers available and can just plant them into Classic."
    Them planting the servers into Classic as-is is not very likely. More likely we'd see another client. They confirmed they have backups, rendering the 'unless' part moot. Sure, it took them months, but it was still with a small team at low-cost. They also confirmed that TBC is a possibility, yet you, Mr .'literate', claim it might be an impossibility.

It's ironic you accusing me of being in an illiterate world when your previous reply to me showed you completely failed to understand what I was saying and came back at me with some absolute nonsense. Pot calling the kettle black, much? Let's look at your stupidity shall we?

-- You called my argument ignorant (I argued that TBC is super likely in the light of Classic' success) and replied that they weren't even going to make Classic until some old Blizzard dev nagged them. This in itself is incredibly stupid given that Blizzard couldn't have foresaw Classic' success, but now they know it's a hot thing, TBC is super likely. I mean just how daft does one have to be, to actually try and use a lack of knowledge from the past to argue why something wouldn't be obvious today, with that knowledge now acquired?

--You then question why I brought anything related to the business side of things into the discussion, despite the fact your reply to me literally 5 minutes ago was in discussion of the business side of things. Our initial dialogue was directly related to the business side of things, yet you're now claiming it wasn't?
    Last edited by Will; 2020-01-19 at 01:09 AM.

Them planting the servers into Classic as-is is not very likely. More likely we'd see another client. They confirmed they have backups, rendering the 'unless' part moot. Sure, it took them months, but it was still with a small team at low-cost. They also confirmed that TBC is a possibility, yet you, Mr .'literate', claim it might be an impossibility.
    I didn't make any definitive claims. I literally just said I didn't think they'd do it unless they had backups (since Classic itself was only saved on the stroke of luck that they found a working backup of the client). If they already have the ability to do TBC-Classic, then we'll just have to wait and see what they do.

That's as far as this goes. I'm sorry you're so upset, but that's the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't make any definitive claims. I literally just said I didn't think they'd do it unless they had backups (since Classic itself was only saved on the stroke of luck that they found a working backup of the client). If they already have the ability to do TBC-Classic, then we'll just have to wait and see what they do.

That's as far as this goes. I'm sorry you're so upset, but that's the way it is.
    You didn't make definitive claims, hence why I said might. You insult me repeatedly, call me ignorant and in my own little world, yet you're apparently just as illiterate.

Sorry, I agree, I've had enough of you too. You're a real charmer. I'm also sorry you're so upset from my first quote. I don't know why you got so defensive so quick but whatever

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Won't happen. Classic already dead.
    lol classic is dead, funniest joke ive heard this week

You didn't make definitive claims, hence why I said might. You insult me repeatedly, call me ignorant and in my own little world, yet you're apparently just as illiterate.

Sorry, I agree, I've had enough of you too. You're a real charmer. I'm also sorry you're so upset from my first quote. I don't know why you got so defensive so quick but whatever
    You literally began responding to me by calling into question my knowledge of business, despite that having literally nothing to do with anything that I said and then acted passive aggressive from there-on out, trying to claim I made an argument I never made, and you're the one whining about how I was insulting? I don't think I ever want to read your posts again. Blocked.

Your point 'we didn't hear it at Blizzcon' proves jack squat and you know it. That Blizzcon was literally what, 3 months post Classic launch? WAY too soon to be announcing TBC. If we hear about TBC-Classic, it'll be at 2020's Blizzcon. Again, this is basic economics. You still want to milk something for what it's worth.

You can't just look at the lack of TBC announcements at Blizzcon mere months after Classic came out and use that as some kind of argument that it proves there won't be TBC. That's primary school levels of argument. I mean COME ON...

And yes, additional bursts of subscribers are fantastic for Blizzard, because at the end of the day it's money, and a damn sight more money than it cost them to bring Vanilla back to us in the form of Classic. This is literally the core fundamental of how a business works. It's all about the money, dude.
    You're completely misconstruing what I'm saying. You and I have both agreed in other threads that we'd like to see TBC servers. I'm not saying that TBC won't ever happen and I would definitely play on a TBC Legacy realm if it did happen as that's when I first began playing WoW. All I'm saying is that expectations should be tempered because if TBC were as seemingly obvious as many TBC fans would like to believe we likely would have already had an announcement. (Classic's own announcement was ~2 years before it was launched, so if 2021 is the target for TBC Legacy realms then it would stand to reason BlizzCon 2019 would be the perfect time to begin the hype train.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    not even gonna bother arguing this with you, go look it up yourself, you don't even understand the basics of what I've told you. the profits are segregated.
    Are you even going to bother reading what I wrote? I actually agreed with you, I just think you're jumping the gun a bit with the conclusion that profits in 2019 are identical to profits from subscriptions in 2010 due only to value added services.

TBC servers would almost assuredly be a success (like a slightly less successful version of Classic), but like I said, they may not have the ability to even implement it. Classic only exists today because they managed to find a single backup version of the game, and even then it took them months to get it working so they could release it. TBC-Classic might actually be an impossibility.
    If they lacked the ability to implement TBC, why would they have said, in the AMA right before Classic launch, that moving to TBC would be easy, now that the Classic client foundations exist?

I love classic. Just because you are a biter person doesnt mean hundreds of thousands arent enjoying the game every day.

- - - Updated - - -

No its not. I play on 5 servers spread between both factions and on pvp, pve and rp. Every server is busy. I cant go 4 ft without running into people.

People who say its deas are just liars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    It is an extremely stupid idea to waste resource on dead games, instead of improving current game.
    Dead game that literally thousands are playing.

Just because a tiny minority are leaving. And yes the amount of people who stopped are tiny. Doesnt mean its dead.

Literally every server play on has players on it 24/7 and i play on 5 differeny servers. Ranging from pve to pvp and rp. As well as both factions and both west and east coast server.

Those who say its dead are liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarator8 View Post
    If they lacked the ability to implement TBC, why would they have said, in the AMA right before Classic launch, that moving to TBC would be easy, now that the Classic client foundations exist?
    I wasn't aware they ever said that, as last I knew they didn't have a TBC backup.

If they can or not it's whatever. Personally I think it's a bad idea because like I said, it creates a stupid precedent of exactly when and where they should stop. I think it'd be a much, much cooler idea if they really did a Classic+ and gave us more level 60 content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware they ever said that, as last I knew they didn't have a TBC backup.

If they can or not it's whatever. Personally I think it's a bad idea because like I said, it creates a stupid precedent of exactly when and where they should stop. I think it'd be a much, much cooler idea if they really did a Classic+ and gave us more level 60 content.
    This guy kept saying it creates a 'stupid precedent' which is just a nonsense argument because there is nothing stupid about re-releasing games when there's a demand for it. All they do is stop at the last desirable expansion. Maybe BC and WotLK classics then stop after that. Not rocket science.

Hate it when people think a sound idea is only stupid as long as it suits their argument.

I want Wotlk classic. All I need really
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

but i think an argument can be made that stopping at wotlk is the wise decision because cata onwards is closer to retail than tbc and wotlk.

vanillla, tbc, wotlk was one era of wow, and the rest is another

5+ Year Old Account
    lol all these clueless pricks saying "classic is dead"