10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Not just that. I know we've joked about books like "Mom, there are Liberals Under my Bed!" (yes, that's an actual children's book, go look it up), but the sheer number of children's books about how awesome and righteous and wholesome and great Donald Trump is is just sky rocketing. https://www.amazon.com/Donald-Drains.../dp/1621579387

I thought these books were satire, but then when I read the reviews it's shit like "Great read! Exposes the liberal deep government for what it is and accurately portrays our hero Trump in a fun and simple way for children!" in non ironic fashion.

My one concession is that in about a decade, most people who have been staying in the Trump administration, gathering information and writing down tales of their time within the administration will have all been exposed, and the history books will paint a picture of Donald Trump as the most corrupt president in American history, and the dumbest wannabe dictator as well. All of these kids who grew up with their parents reading bedtime stories about super hero Donald Trump to them will have to face the reality that their parents were just forcing propaganda on them at a really young age, or drop out of school, because apparently school is a tool used by the liberal deep state to enslave the minds of America's children.
    Parents tell their young kids huge lies all the time with no regard for how it'll damage their kids. Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny. And look how their kids tu-....nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I need to go through all my pictures to make sure I don't have one with Parnas too.
    This is awkward, but I suddenly seem to remember a phone call I, too, had with Parnas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/that...-was-an-abuse/

Man, talk about a fucking movie script.

Do you know who argued that the invocation of executive privilege was an "abuse" during an impeachment? Ken Starr.

Do you know who was sitting right behind Ken Starr a the time? Brett Kavanaugh.

Republicans for the Rule of Law shared the video of this - https://twitter.com/ForTheRuleOfLaw/...65076467105793
    What about PJ. What about Squi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    If it was only Parnas word, yes, he'd be untrustworthy.
    Yes, and I'm also not 100% behind "handwritten notes", just so we're clear. Good thing that's not all he has, huh?

Also, as we've been over and over and over, how many blatantly untrustworthy people does Team Trump intentionally keep around? "Hey Parnas, set up meetings with the new government of Ukraine for my personal lawyer" "Oh nyet, comrade Trump, I is caught, I is selling you out" "Whaaaaat? You can't believe Parnas, he's clearly untrustworthy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, and I'm also not 100% behind "handwritten notes", just so we're clear. Good thing that's not all he has, huh?

Also, as we've been over and over and over, how many blatantly untrustworthy people does Team Trump intentionally keep around? "Hey Parnas, set up meetings with the new government of Ukraine for my personal lawyer" "Oh nyet, comrade Trump, I is caught, I is selling you out" "Whaaaaat? You can't believe Parnas, he's clearly untrustworthy!"
    I think it's funny how everyone around Trump has zero faith in him and they all collect evidence like pack rats to save themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Considering he's got a long history of only caring about himself it's not surprising. Add in that he has no issue letting others take the fall for his crimes and I'd be keeping the receipts as well.
    That's really why William Barr is so valuable to him he needs someone who will bury all that evidence whenever possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think it's funny how everyone around Trump has zero faith in him and they all collect evidence like pack rats to save themselves.
    wasnt one of Skroe's longer posts about how the GOP is in the "loot everything, hey you, start pulling that copper wiring out the walls" phase of power?

well you want something to save you from the cops when you're caught with the U-Haul cause everyone else used their own cars and blended into traffic

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    wasnt one of Skroe's longer posts about how the GOP is in the "loot everything, hey you, start pulling that copper wiring out the walls" phase of power?

well you want something to save you from the cops when you're caught with the U-Haul cause everyone else used their own cars and blended into traffic
    You know I am actually shocked one of those get together meetings the GOP has with Lindsey Graham hasn't been leaked. They are always talking to people "behind the scenes" since none of them have any balls to take on Trump. But Skroe is right they are trying to put as many judges, crooks and whatever edge they can get passed while the going gets good.

NEW OVERNIGHT: In late-night court filing from DOJ, @RodRosenstein acknowledges he made decision to release Strzok-Page texts that have fueled many a POTUS attack on the former FBI employees. Both are suing over release, saying it invaded their privacy https://t.co/SUSfl2yy8m
    https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/sta...041384448?s=19

Well of course Rosenstein decided he needed to kill his reputation just for Trump.

Remember this is Trump's big argument that these two who were out to get him. So yeah seems as though this was planned.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/sta...041384448?s=19

Well of course Rosenstein decided he needed to kill his reputation just for Trump.

Remember this is Trump's big argument that these two who were out to get him. So yeah seems as though this was planned.
    What a grotesque sniveling disappointment Rosenstein turned out to be.

Trey Gowdy thinks Trump's biggest defense strategy, is to point at the notes of the transcript that helped trigger his impeachment.

The dumbass that investigated Hillary 8 fucking times for Benghazi, thinks that the notes of the transcript, exonerates Trump. No wonder he couldn't find anything, he is a fucking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Trey Gowdy thinks Trump's biggest defense strategy, is to point at the notes of the transcript that helped trigger his impeachment.

The dumbass that investigated Hillary 8 fucking times for Benghazi, thinks that the notes of the transcript, exonerates Trump. No wonder he couldn't find anything, he is a fucking moron.
    Maybe he's on to something.

Trump's best defense is to release the full transcript of the "perfect" call. It will clearly exonerate him!

Can't lie, seems like Trump may be the first president to be removed. His lawyers don't even seem to be denying anything at this point, Their just saying its not illegal to do. Honestly, how dumb do you have to be to not even deny any of the allegations? Of course trying to blackmail a foreign government into investigating a political rival by threatening any help for them is illegal. I really do hope it succeeds. He makes us all look like trash and is more and more pushing any world allies we have away.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Can't lie, seems like Trump may be the first president to be removed. His lawyers don't even seem to be denying anything at this point, Their just saying its not illegal to do. Honestly, how dumb do you have to be to not even deny any of the allegations? Of course trying to blackmail a foreign government into investigating a political rival by threatening any help for them is illegal. I really do hope it succeeds. He makes us all look like trash and is more and more pushing any world allies we have away.
    Nope, Republicans have already said they are going to exonerate him, no matter the evidence. Which would mean they are violating their oaths to not only their office, but also to be impartial senators when they signed that pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Nope, Republicans have already said they are going to exonerate him, no matter the evidence. Which would mean they are violating their oaths to not only their office, but also to be impartial senators when they signed that pledge.
    Seems then that something needs to be done about them as well. I can only hope there is some sort of system to remove them from office. Yet again, this whole system is screwed. Its run by 2 parties and they both suck
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Seems then that something needs to be done about them as well. I can only hope there is some sort of system to remove them from office. Yet again, this whole system is screwed. Its run by 2 parties and they both suck
    Voting removes them from office. Unfortunately, they rigged the system with gerrymandering and voter suppression which means that--even though their party is shrinking every year (and Trump scared a whole SLEW of people away from it)--they'll still be clinging to power despite not having the support of the majority of the population. Getting McConnell out is probably the biggest goal apart from removing Trump (and Amy McGrath has a lot going for her, but it's still probably not going to be enough for a backwards state like Kentucky).

So at the beginning of the trial the senators swear an oath to be 'impartial jurors'. Are there any consequences if they are found to be acting blatantly against that oath?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2020-01-19 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nope. They can be as biased as they please and fuck all happens.
    Technically, violating an oath like that is actionable.

Proving it, however, is basically impossible unless they come right out and directly confess.

"I thought I was impartial" is basically all the defense they need. Being bad at it isn't actionable; you need to demonstrate willful disregard for the terms of the oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Proving it, however, is basically impossible unless they come right out and directly confess.

"I thought I was impartial" is basically all the defense they need. Being bad at it isn't actionable; you need to demonstrate willful disregard for the terms of the oath.
    Good thing McConnell already admitted to not being impartial on live TV.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2020-01-19 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Good thing McConnell already admitted to not being impartial on live TV.
    Nothing matters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

The fact they literally said they’re going to work with the whites house and do everything they can for him wrecks their impartiality.

also this gem.