15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How else am I suppose to understand them, god.
    You should have watched enough anime to know what theyre saying in battle at this point. The best being 次はどうしようか*

怖く*い 怖く*い!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You should have watched enough anime to know what theyre saying in battle at this point. The best being 次はどうしようか*

怖く*い 怖く*い!
    Nani? Sugoi?

Am I doing this right

I do understand though the minor irritation of not being able to understand combat dialogue, but that's mostly because of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I kept hoping they'd have something equally funny as Xenoblade 1 did with stuff like "I'M REEEELLY FEELING IT" and "ITS RYNE TIME"

My point was full japanese culture games like this and yakuza dont need dubs
    Yeah but the problem is they will almost never break into the mainstream without one. I guarantee Persona would not be as popular as it is if it was Japanese audio only. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but I've known a few people who just do not like to deal with subtitles.

Granted the subject matter of TMS kind of guarantees it will never be more than a niche game but a dub, even just a partial one, couldn't have hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Yeah but the problem is they will almost never break into the mainstream without one. I guarantee Persona would not be as popular as it is if it was Japanese audio only. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but I've known a few people who just do not like to deal with subtitles.

Granted the subject matter of TMS kind of guarantees it will never be more than a niche game but a dub, even just a partial one, couldn't have hurt.
    Dude its a damn JRPG about a J-Pop Agency who also happens to save the world by singing and dancing. It was never going to be main stream, and Persona isn't main stream either(albeit it has more potential in this regard due to it's setting).

But yea, not every game needs to appeal to everyone. Niche games can thrive in their niche. Atlus survived for like 20 years before they ever had a million seller and 25 before they ever had a multi million seller. They still develop their games based off being profitable with just domestic sales alone so western sales are just a bonus.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-01-19 at 04:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

The smt games are rooted in western religion and only take place in japan. This and yakuza are ABOUT japan. And honestly, i want to keep my games out of the mainstream before they lose their flavor

- - - Updated - - -

Nani? Sugoi?

Am I doing this right

I do understand though the minor irritation of not being able to understand combat dialogue, but that's mostly because of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I kept hoping they'd have something equally funny as Xenoblade 1 did with stuff like "I'M REEEELLY FEELING IT" and "ITS RYNE TIME"
    Not every game needs an epic maymay like when they put a doge reference in triforce heroes. Fuckin yuck

Not every game needs an epic maymay like when they put a doge reference in triforce heroes. Fuckin yuck
    There's a doge reference in there? Now I'll actually play the game.

怖く*い 怖く*い!
    So a mix of foaming at the mouth fury with a confident but mocking/sarcastic tone expecting to land a fatal blow mixed in with sudden surprise at said blow not being fatal sound effects

"NA GA SARRr!!!!" "ah!?"
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a doge reference in there? Now I'll actually play the game.
    Yamerooooo

So I've put about 13 hours into TMS so far and have just started chapter 3, I'm really enjoying the game but it's definitely not as good as Persona. While I appreciate the lack of a time management system because it helps alleviate some of the difficulty found in Persona It also seems like the story suffers due to its absence. Basically, in Persona there is a good amount of buildup leading up to each case with the characters being introduced and information is provided before the main conflict gets going, here each chapter wastes little time getting right into the dungeon. It's not bad but it definitely makes it harder to get invested in the story the same way you would Persona when the pacing feels so wonky.

Basically, in Persona there is a good amount of buildup leading up to each case with the characters being introduced and information is provided before the main conflict gets going
    while i agree that TMS buildup could be better, i think the buildup in persona took too long as well. most of the time the villain was super obvious and his motives where often nothing more than "evil guy is evil".

Each chapter wastes no time getting into story dungeon because there is literally hours of content in each intermission between side stories, requests, Arena and EX Missions. The main focus of the game is on the slice of life story aspects, not the over arching main story which is just a means to an end.

Looks like 3H is getting a Revelation/True end DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Looks like 3H is getting a Revelation/True end DLC
    Where you pulling this from? Cause if you're talking about the Feb dlc it's a stand alone story that happens during the first half of the main game no where near the ending. Once you finish it you can recruit the character in the main story but they don't effect it at all outside of having some support scenes.

So Byleth is finally out, and finding out Byleth's recovery can also spike the person they grab was a bit of a "Oh no".

Mostly because it's already tiresome seeing Marios spam forward air the second you're off the stage. Everyone just mindlessly rushes spikes online it seems.

Sword/Shield is already REALLY close to selling more then X/Y and Sun/Moon. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/fin...are/index.html

Over 16 mil, will probably easily crawl past 17 and top both. LOL @ the dexit outragers thinking the game was gonna bomb.

Astral Chain over 1 mil sold, Luigis Mansion 3 over 5 mil, and Three Houses over 2 mil. None of these franchises going anywhere in case you where scared of them bombing. Power of the switch cause something like Astral Chain would of been mad BOMBA on the Wii U.

Switch at 52 million units sold before it's 3rd birthday.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-01-30 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sword/Shield is already REALLY close to selling more then X/Y and Sun/Moon. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/fin...are/index.html

Over 16 mil, will probably easily crawl past 17 and top both. LOL @ the dexit outragers thinking the game was gonna bomb.
    Mario Kart really holds a domination, jesus.

I'm a bit surprised honestly though, I would have thought with the widespread appeal of the 3DS that it would have been a larger gap, not that Sword/Shield would be about to pass it already.

And that data is from last month, so the gap is probably even smaller by now.

Mario Kart really holds a domination, jesus.

I'm a bit surprised honestly though, I would have thought with the widespread appeal of the 3DS that it would have been a larger gap, not that Sword/Shield would be about to pass it already.

And that data is from last month, so the gap is probably even smaller by now.

MK8 is a monster, over 30 mil now if we count in Wii U sales. It's eventually gonna pass mario kart wii(unless they make 9, but doubt it they won't make that until Switch 2).

On the 3DS vs Switch I doubt the install bases are much different anymore, and Switch is definitely gonna surpass it. 3DS is 75 million lifetime and Switch is at 52 mil now. When you factor in all the people that likely upgraded to a New 3DS it's probably very comparable.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-01-30 at 07:47 AM.

Dexit boycott is even more successful than MW2's!

Also, glad to see Ring Fit Adventure having the success it is. Shifted over 2 million copies so far.
    Last edited by Farath; 2020-01-30 at 09:41 AM.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

7+ Year Old Account
    MK8 is a monster, over 30 mil now if we count in Wii U sales. It's eventually gonna pass mario kart wii(unless they make 9, but doubt it they won't make that until Switch 2).

On the 3DS vs Switch I doubt the install bases are much different anymore, and Switch is definitely gonna surpass it. 3DS is 75 million lifetime and Switch is at 52 mil now. When you factor in all the people that likely upgraded to a New 3DS it's probably very comparable.
    It's cause 1) it's on the Switch which lets you play it anywhere, and 2) it's a really damn good game. It's a HUGE leap over any previous Mario Kart.

i think the equivalent of mario kart 9 for switch will just be dlc for 8
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552