Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Sea walls definitely work, just ask the Netherlands.

Mostly because the sea can't get into the country by plane. Usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    So walls don't work?
    trump thinks walls are for keeping out brown, not blue.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Could the sea use a ladder? Or a rope?

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-course-223436

Donald Trump says he is “not a big believer in global warming.” He has called it “a total hoax,” “bullshit” and “pseudoscience.”

But he is also trying to build a sea wall designed to protect one of his golf courses from “global warming and its effects.”

The sea is not sending us its best mermaids.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

And the sea isn't a thinking creature, and can be physically manipulated to go where we want it to go.

I don't know what raised Trump's ire though, was there some recent news about building a sea wall around NYC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, in the NYT. The punchline is that the plan will cost half what Trump claims and won’t even be presented until 2022 at the earliest.
    I'd say I'm surprised that Trump reads the NYT but considering the shitbags who have been writing their opinion pages lately...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Could the sea use a ladder? Or a rope?
    Sea rope ?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sea Wall gets 10ft taller every time a Boomer denies climate change AND THEIR PENSIONS WILL PAY FOR IT!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So, a tiny tangent here. Has there been any news of Puerto Rico since the earthquake? Has their president at the very least send his thoughts and prayers to those suffering Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    So, a tiny tangent here. Has there been any news of Puerto Rico since the earthquake? Has their president at the very least send his thoughts and prayers to those suffering Americans?
    They're lucky if he sent them a 12 pack of paper towels, though I doubt he'll even do that much without it being a photo op.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, a tiny tangent here.
    No, it isn't. These are American citizens. Trump's handling of the situation is 100% on topic.

Has there been any news of Puerto Rico since the earthquake?
    Yes, it's buried but it's there. They're basically fucked. They were still waiting for help from the hurricane, and their infrastructure wasn't even up to the standards they had before the hurricane. The earthquake didn't need to do that much to make bad things worse.

To give you an idea: Trump's HUD lifted some restricted hurricane relief aid. That article was posted days ago. Yes, the hurricane. That's how well it's going.

Has their president at the very least send his thoughts and prayers to those suffering Americans?
    I checked his twitter feed. I didn't see anything. Officially, he did declare it a disaster and told relief personelle to comply with the law. Which is a low bar, but appropriately Trumpian to barely pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing good
    people are sleeping outside out of fear that after shocks will bring down their houses
    crews cant get through cause of rock slides
    people dont trust the government because of all of the wasted supplies back during Maria, so they are clogging the roads by treking back and forth for supplies, slowing down responders
    and there were alot of areas that were still damaged from that, that have been refucked

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Sea Wall gets 10ft taller every time a Boomer denies climate change AND THEIR PENSIONS WILL PAY FOR IT!
    The Atlanteans will pay for it!

*sigh*
    Trump recounts minute-by-minute details of Soleimani strike to donors at Mar-a-Lago

So, real question: What's going to keep his leaking mouth shut once he's out of office? (Either in 2021 or 2025.) Obviously he's not being told ALL of the government secrets, but it's equally as obvious he's retaining enough that he's able to blab a lot of details to just about anyone who wants to listen.

Alzheimer’s. Just because he tells a story doesn’t mean it’s true or accurate.
    Trump:"I was president once."
    Nurse Millennial:"Uhuh, sure you were."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    *sigh*
    Trump recounts minute-by-minute details of Soleimani strike to donors at Mar-a-Lago

So, real question: What's going to keep his leaking mouth shut once he's out of office? (Either in 2021 or 2025.) Obviously he's not being told ALL of the government secrets, but it's equally as obvious he's retaining enough that he's able to blab a lot of details to just about anyone who wants to listen.
    If he wasn't the President he'd be in jail for leaking so much information.

Remember when the Framers assumed all Presidents would be honorable and not abuse their immunities?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Alzheimer’s. Just because he tells a story doesn’t mean it’s true or accurate.
    Both true and irrelevant.

If you leak what you think is National Security Lol to the public, the fact that you're wrong is no saving grace. Even if that was, somehow, not illegal (which by intent alone it is), you're still proving yourself to be a blatant security risk.

And yes, I'm fully aware that Trump can choose to declassify things. I don't think that included impromptu shout-outs over overcooked fast food burgers, and even if I'm wrong, it's impossible to defend as the right thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a minor point, but, when Maduro said he still had Venezuela in his iron grasp he did specifically single out the US as unable to stop him.

So far, he appears to be right. And quite frankly I don't know enough about the situation to say if the US should be involved anyhow. I'll flat-out admit that one. But the fact that foreign dictators are publicly taunting Trump is yet another sign of his dismal failure at foreign policy.

I just find it funny he’s still obsessing over NYC when he’s officially a Flordiaman now. Add in that his complaints are the very valid criticisms of his own proposed wall and it’s clear he’s just being a child. As per usual.
    Trump Tower. It's still his baby, after all. Moreso than his actual kids.