Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes. /10char

Oh, you want me to elaborate? Okay...

I've played each class in BFA now on my way to getting each core race to 120. The rotations make sense for what I'm trying to do in combat, and I know them well enough that I can execute them regularly. I'm happy that SL will not change much, because I get to continue playing those classes the way I have since Legion. In the end, as long as the target's HP reaches 0, why should it matter how I achieve that?

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Yes. /10char

In the end, as long as the target's HP reaches 0, why should it matter how I achieve that?
    Oh god the cringe...

It really comes down to personal preference, however, bar the below classes, all others are really really dull, this is just my feel:
    - Unholy Death Knight (numbers are not there, but the class is fun and more difficult than others)
    - Windwalker Monk (it's not the best iteration, but it is fun and challenging to play)
    - Fury Warrior (on the whole, it is one of the most basic specs in the game, but they almost nailed the "berserker" fantasy)
    - Frost Mage (playing around procs in a meaningful way while offering a good amount of utility is extremely fun)
    - Discipline Priest (the whole concept is pretty damn awesome, it is just a shame that due to high skill ceiling, Disc Priests are the hardest healers to play and cannot correct someone else's mistakes with ease)

Rest of the classes are just... unfun and their kits don't play well together. For example, Warlocks are overstacked with utility, but they are so damn boring and annoying to play. Rogues, while Outlaw can be fun, they have completely lost the idea of Assassination and especially Subtlety, which used to be one of the most awesome specs in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Some yes, some not sure...at least one or two so far that feel MEH.

Do i love them? absolutely not. But if you are raiding or dungeoneering with people you enjoy spending time with. It doesn't matter that much. Sure, i would love to see some changes and some new shit, But class aint gonna stop me from playing the game

Quote Originally Posted by subsidalos View Post
    Oh god the cringe...
    only cringe here, is you. let people play the game the way they want to. if that's how it works in their mind, and it works. let them have their opinion.

some people love epic, sloppy kills that they seem to pull out of thin air. others want a burn the boss asap to do it again and again and again, the same way everytime. both result in a kill and loot dropping. the end is the same. the OP was asking how you like getting there. this person stated their opinion. like it or not.

Seriously. grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm trying to sort this out. I personally thought classes felt awful in BFA.

At Blizzcon we got no major announcement regarding reworking of classes, and it seems like a lot of people congratulated Blizzard on that....so does that mean people are happy with the classes in their current iteration with some old abilities thrown back on top?

After all, if they were to do a major talent revamp - which would be required in order to make classes feel more like classes and less like specs - wouldn't that be a "revamp" that these same people are congratulating Blizzard for NOT announcing?

I don't really understand how they take focus away from specs if they don't completely shake up talents, but no one seems to want a rework?
    I'm happy that they don't bring a new class.

I hope they revamp all classes back to release from cata.
    For me after cata with mop and wod the classes go out of control.
    In and pre cata I played nearly all classes only paladin was and will never be my class.

Wotlk classes were nice but the secondary gear stats go a bit crazy.
    For me cata was the best addon between hardcore players and casual fun.

No, I don't. Spent a significant amount of time playing Arms Warrior, BM Hunter, Aff Lock, Destro Lock, Demo Lock, Outlaw Rogue, Shadow Priest, Resto Druids and Feral Druid.

I think I only like Outlaw out of all of those. The rest feel significantly worse than a previous iteration of the spec that I also played. I can't put that out of my mind.

I do like Elemental currently. However, this is entirely because of a couple of over-powered azerite traits. Levelling 110-120 as Elemental early in the expac was awful. Slow, with lots of running away from a couple of mobs because healing through their damage while damaging them wasn't possible. Levelling in Classic is better than that, ffs.

In Legion Elemental started out fairly crap, but at least they fixed it's basic design so it worked (though it was fairly boring), and with the right legendaries it was quite fun. It wasn't ideal having to fish for legendaries to make a spec work right, but at least most specs at least functioned 'out of the box', unlike in BfA where you have to farm up the right traits to make many of them work at all.

All specs should be designed so that they work properly without any effects from gear at all. Things that add procs, or extra effects that trigger in any way that's not completely passive, or which change the value of spells to improve the rotation should not be needed to play a fun spec. They should be extra to that, and add complexity or reward a more complex rotation, just as a better talent in a given row should require a bit more from the player to get the best from it, or should be more situational. We shouldn't have to farm up multiple Equipoise or Igneous Potential pieces to make our characters perform properly. Nor should single traits be so much better than others (to the point where they can be worth a lot of item levels), yet another piece of poor design by Blizz.

I've been playing quite a few classes recently and having fun with most of them in arenas/mythic+. I only raid on my Ele Shaman and it's pretty fun in the raid too, but honestly all the classes I've played (Mage/Warrior/DH/Warlock/Shaman/Hpal/Rdruid) are quite fun in arenas and mythic+. I think I just like how every class has something to be doing at all times, none of the classes have any down time or even long casts. You're constantly using skills every global basically, and doing damage or healing, compared to in the past when some classes literally just stood still doing nothing waiting for rage/energy/mana/etc.

They all feel pretty different with unique playstyles and different ways of setting up/dealing with certain situations. I think the only real issue I have is how awful it is to have alts, getting all the essences on each character is such a massive pain it's unreal. Leveling the neck is kinda horrible too.

Frost DKs and Ret Pallies can have downtime if you have a run of no-procs. As for 'long casts', by Classic standards, this is true, but as an Elemental standing there spamming 2s (base) casts isn't much fun. I miss the old 1.5s Chain Lightning cast.

I for one miss ranged SV hunter, I also don't care much for the ''combo points'' Unholy DK rework or to an older complaint Holy Power for Rets.
    I can ''bare'' most specs but almost every single one feels like a empty shell of themselves after WoD.

I also think Shadowlands isn't gonna solve that, they said no Legion style reworks in terms of ''impact and size'' and by just slapping on Kill Shot or Pala Aura's or Warlock Curses again you are not solving the problem of what makes current specs unfun.

If they put most ( if not all ) specs back to how they were in Wrath/Cata and to a lesser extend in WoD then I would instantly sub and probably play most of the year like I used to, I haven't touched BFA since March and no class gives me the '' I wanna play that again '' feeling with how they got remade in Legion or how they come out of Legion and losing Artifact procs or abilities and pruning some other stuff.

If there's no reworks of the several classes I play, I'll just skip playing them. They're not fun to play. They need to revert a lot classes back to MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I do like Elemental currently. However, this is entirely because of a couple of over-powered azerite traits. Levelling 110-120 as Elemental early in the expac was awful. Slow, with lots of running away from a couple of mobs because healing through their damage while damaging them wasn't possible. Levelling in Classic is better than that, ffs.

In Legion Elemental started out fairly crap, but at least they fixed it's basic design so it worked (though it was fairly boring), and with the right legendaries it was quite fun. It wasn't ideal having to fish for legendaries to make a spec work right, but at least most specs at least functioned 'out of the box', unlike in BfA where you have to farm up the right traits to make many of them work at all.

All specs should be designed so that they work properly without any effects from gear at all. Things that add procs, or extra effects that trigger in any way that's not completely passive, or which change the value of spells to improve the rotation should not be needed to play a fun spec. They should be extra to that, and add complexity or reward a more complex rotation, just as a better talent in a given row should require a bit more from the player to get the best from it, or should be more situational. We shouldn't have to farm up multiple Equipoise or Igneous Potential pieces to make our characters perform properly. Nor should single traits be so much better than others (to the point where they can be worth a lot of item levels), yet another piece of poor design by Blizz.
    ele sham leveling always sucked dick, jfyi.
    There was a thread from WoD>Legion that had people mathing that resto > ele for leveling.

Didn't like Feral, Moonkin or Guardian. Liked Resto, but that hasn't really changed a lot from Legion. Unfortunately my guild had no need for healer, so I had to re-roll.
    Went DK and so far I've enjoyed all the specs. I've also tried Rogue and liked both Outlaw and Assassination. Those are the specs I've tried in BFA since I returned for 8.2.

There's room for improvement for sure, but it wasn't that hard to find a spec I liked. Seems most of them are fairly well balanced as well. Wish it would have been easier to re-roll mains though (damn essences).

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have x11 120 level characters with 427-446ilvl (In Legion x15 110)
    Most talents are very weak, the choice of essences for some specializations almost converge to one/two, many specs rotations is BORING ASF, couple specs is REALLY BAD in some aspects of the game, Arena / rbg / mythic + / raid etc
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

You'd be surprised. From what I've seen most people love BfA classes, so there's pretty much zero hope that they'll ever improve them.

I play elemental shaman (main), bm hunter, frost DK, havoc DH, demo warlock, and arcane mage, and I am mostly happy with all those specs. There are a few minor gripes, but for the most part i'm happy.

Honestly, I do not understand why people on this forum are so negative about classes. I played during MoP, and can honestly say the game is far more fun for me in BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Honestly, I do not understand why people on this forum are so negative about classes. I played during MoP, and can honestly say the game is far more fun for me in BFA.
    Its probably mostly just casters who want to be as mobile as melee without any downside which was the case in MoP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Its probably mostly just casters who want to be as mobile as melee without any downside which was the case in MoP.
    Bassicly

melee
    -gotta deal with faster time to react to more mechanics
    -can be kited
    +dont rely on casts, so only needing to worry of the basic "you cant move" spells
    +can attack while moving, so no need to lose dps while moving out of aoe, usually more tanky

ranged
    -gotta stop casting to move, usually more squishy aswell so you need to dodge mechanics faster
    -you will not beleive how much it fuckign sucks to pvp as a caster sometimes.
    (kick, knockback, stun, silence, disoreint.) constantly, to the point you spend most of a fight unable to cast a spell.
    +Roots dont work a ton on them
    +can avoid a lot of mechanics, and usually have more time to react to some.

or just be a fucking hunter and get the best of both worlds cause fuck all yall hunters are literlaly insane fuck hunters.

but yeah we had a conversation with my fellow lock a few days back who was complaining locks are uselsss and never brought to anything, logn story short. he was just mad we no longer had literally everything, good aoe, good single target, good multidot, good burst, good mobility, good utility, and good survivability.
    we got good single target in 2/3 specs, good multidot in 2/3, good aoe in 2/3, good utility in all 3 depending on what you need. no good mobility really, but good survivability in all 3.

i do wish we got an actual speedboost, i miss burning rush being baseline, cause while its cool we have our gateways and the return of circle to baseline in shadowlandfs, that is all PREPLANNED movement, we need to be able to go "oh shit i need to move!" instead of "ok time to go to where my circle is"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-19 at 09:03 AM.