Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They make good games but most gamers don't care about what cost it comes at.
    Tell that to RDR2, which got fucked out of a lot of awards because of the backlash around Rockstar and their work conditions.

(honestly, though. I agree with you. Rockstar get flack for it, but the majority of games companies do it. Not really sure why RDR2 in particular was singled out.)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Tell that to RDR2, which got fucked out of a lot of awards because of the backlash around Rockstar and their work conditions.

(honestly, though. I agree with you. Rockstar get flack for it, but the majority of games companies do it. Not really sure why RDR2 in particular was singled out.)
    Man, it really shown how out of touch Rockstar was, with how proud they were announcing that their workers did 100h/week to finish the game. It proves that crunch is just to prevalent in gaming industry.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-01-18 at 01:59 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And they threat they workers like slave labor, proved again today with news that there will be mandatory crunch time despite the delay.

CD PROJEKT RED is a one of the worst companies to work for. So no sympathy for me, and will be skipping cuberpunk.
    Unlike US companies, CDPR at least pays for those extra crunch hours and pays pretty well. So there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Unlike US companies, CDPR at least pays for those extra crunch hours and pays pretty well. So there is that.
    Lol nope. Even compared to other big companies CDPR give less money, not even comparing to other dev studios.

Crunch IS unpaid overtime.

Lol nope. Even compared to other big companies CDPR give less money, not even comparing to other dev studios.

How would you know what they pay their employees, or how overtime is paid in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Waiting on the receipts...

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    How would you know what they pay their employees, or how overtime is paid in the first place.
    Glassdoor. Actual quotes from employees, definition of crunch which is unpaid overtime. This is no mystery that they pay low wages and exploit their workforce.

It is paid, by Polish work law.

Glassdoor. Actual quotes from employees, definition of crunch which is unpaid overtime. This is no mystery that they pay low wages and exploit their workforce.
    Actual quotes from employees also state the exact opposite...
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-01-28 at 10:05 PM.

I understand the "concern" for workers that seems to be dominating this thread but you guys/ gals all do realize that no one forces you to take a job, or to work for a particular company, or even to work in a particular field? No one forces you to stay at a job with bad conditions.

At a certain point- people have to take personal responsibility for their situation. Giving them a pass on that doesn't do them any favors- it enables them to wallow in their situation and cry "woe is me!" (which does nobody any good).

I also wonder how many of you are using apple products, wearing Nike or any of the other companies (Amazon, other big retailers) that make their clothes in sweat shops were workers commit suicide rather than work there? Do you research the companies of all the products you buy or is your worker "concern" limited to the company that makes Cyberpunk 2077?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I understand the "concern" for workers that seems to be dominating this thread but you guys/ gals all do realize that no one forces you to take a job, or to work for a particular company, or even to work in a particular field? No one forces you to stay at a job with bad conditions.
    Contracts, if the job contract has you staying through a product from start to finish, there's big issues with leaving/not staying if the product isn't finished yet. More often than not, developers are contracted to stay through a certain project. Just like some jobs have a termination contract of say, 3 months. Or some even longer, videogames and movies often have project termination system, meaning you'll have to stick through the project before resigning.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh, delay, just in time for new AMD/Nvidia graphics cards! Can't wait to play this bad boy on my 3080Ti bad boy on my badass 43" 4k/120hz monitor

I also wonder how many of you are using apple products, wearing Nike or any of the other companies (Amazon, other big retailers) that make their clothes in sweat shops were workers commit suicide rather than work there? Do you research the companies of all the products you buy or is your worker "concern" limited to the company that makes Cyberpunk 2077?
    And this is all there is to be said on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSapmi View Post
    Contracts, if the job contract has you staying through a product from start to finish, there's big issues with leaving/not staying if the product isn't finished yet. More often than not, developers are contracted to stay through a certain project. Just like some jobs have a termination contract of say, 3 months. Or some even longer, videogames and movies often have project termination system, meaning you'll have to stick through the project before resigning.
    OK, so then- nobody forces you to sign that contract.

10+ Year Old Account

At a certain point- people have to take personal responsibility for their situation. Giving them a pass on that doesn't do them any favors- it enables them to wallow in their situation and cry "woe is me!" (which does nobody any good).

I do find in kinda funny you first mention that no one is forcing anyone to work there and if they dislike it, they should just leave and then bring up sweat shops and how bad they are. Those two ideas sort of contradict each other don't they? Or are you saying that sweat shops, the places you yourself bring up where workers kill themselves rather than work, are also ok because people choose to work there? Those sweat shop workers need to take personal responsibility for their situation!

where you live people dont need to eat?

There is too much wrong with that line of thinking to even deconstruct it. Like, dude/gal... Are you for real?

Don't worry you can still enjoy rping (well best you can in a FPS where you never actually see your character making the massive resources spent on customising completely pointless) even if people are being expoilted. I do it all the time by using a smart phone that was solded together by loving under paid Korean hands. But at least call it like it is. CDPR is like any other business after your money and are not entitled to any different treatment than a EA or Activision

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    CDPR is like any other business after your money and are not entitled to any different treatment than a EA or Activision
    Pretty much, people like to laud them live they're some saviors because of not trying to milk money as hard as those companies but the reason is obvious. They have studios in Poland and Ukraine paying employees jack shit compared to other big studios in places like Sweden, California, New York and Japan where they have to pay the employees 4-5x more.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Ahhh, delay, just in time for new AMD/Nvidia graphics cards! Can't wait to play this bad boy on my 3080Ti bad boy on my badass 43" 4k/120hz monitor
    Sir i think nothing not even sli will allow 120fps at 4k, as of today my 2080TI runs modern games at 80-100 fps on 1440p without rtx
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©